Davis & White #15: The Polka Connection

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by chipso1, Dec 10, 2012.

1. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

I want to know more about Meryl's haircare routine. ;) Which products, which appliances, how she deals with humidity, anything and everything! I'd like to imagine if I just follow what she does, my hair will be just as fab -- although I know that will never happen. :lol:

2. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

So do I. Her hair is truly one of the wonders of the world.

3. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

me too! I would love to see an interview about this. Her hair is always so beautiful. Meryl is just so stunning.

welcome volunteer and other newbies! I hope you enjoy the board:)

Wishing Meryl and Charlie and all the skaters a wonderful time at worlds!

eta: thanks for the link, TaBFan. circuscandy, your work is lovely!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

circuscandy, Amazing work! I hope you'll link some of other other drawings of Meryl & Charlie :respec: :respec:

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes please!! :D

6. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

circuscandy, you are wildly talented! I hope you do go back and do every FD! That would be a treat to see :)

Add me to those who want Meryl's hair secrets. I swear, she needs to do a Pantene commercial or something. Anything related to hair-she's a spokesperson waiting to be found.

7. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan Well-Known Member

Yes, please! I hope Meryl and Charlie get to see your beautiful work, circuscandy. I am sure it would mean so much to them. Just gorgeous.

8. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Lol Brilliant!

9. Piper

Piper Member

They do. :)

10. DORISPULASKI

I hope no one boos them in London. Or if some do boo them, that they are drowned out by cheers.

euterpe and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Jessiebanana

Circuscandy I hope your tumblr does not go on forever cause I'm in love. I can't get enough, everything is so good and not just in the aesthetic sense. I read something about there once being a story and you working on being published? Will you let me know when you are?!

12. Jessiebanana

I really doubt it. I'd be really shocked if they were.

13. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Outside of home, the first place I would love to see a skating competition is Canada. I think they've always been an enthusiastic and gracious audience. They could not have liked the outcome when Boitano won gold but you would never know it from their reaction. I don't know who will be atop of each podium next week but I'm glad I am going to see skaters in full arenas with folks who truly love and understand the sport.

14. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I hope we don't have to hear "Canada! Canada!" being chanted as Meryl and Charlie take the ice as we did at the Olympics. Cheer for your own people on their time, thank you very much.

15. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Circuscandy, your picture reminds me how much I am looking forward to that exhibition. I'm staying the extra day just to see that live. ;) :D

16. DORISPULASKI

literaryfreak, I hope you'll come back and tell us all about it.

I have attended 2 really nice competitions in Canada, and at both, I the Canadian fans on the whole to be very kind to all the skaters, & very appreciative of good skating from any competitors when they see it; however, I haven't liked some of the stuff I've been readin here at FSU lately, and hope those people who are planning ahead of time to boo are just a small minority that will be drowned out by everyone else, or that they are just blowing off steam and won't really do it.

17. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Where have you read about people planning to boo?!

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

People really did that? Had V/M just skated and it was left over reaction? That's disappointing to hear.

I really hope not....

Well this post is not someone planning to boo but I would say is of the same mentality.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...Road-to-home&p=3856234&viewfull=1#post3856234

19. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

That is so amazing circuscandy. Very cool indeed. :cool:

What was the crowd like at the GPF in Quebec City?

Looking good!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  20. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

M&C skated first after the warm-up, and the chanting began as the other skaters left the ice.

GPF crowd was fine, but since Scott fell in the SD and V/M were so far behind, there wasn't much doubt what the results would be. Not nearly as much energy in the crowd.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Oh so overeager fans.

22. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

Oh how classy, hoping teams get booed. :rolleyes:

23. mollymgr

Definitely in a class of their own. :lol:

24. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Thank you so so much! I am agent hunting for my novel at the moment (sadly, it lacks Meryl and Charlie and contains, surprisingly, a lot of circus!) and I will certainly let you know if/when anything happens!

Right? Sigh. I can't say I've ever hoped Tessa and Scott get booed. I can't say I've ever hoped that an athlete get booed at all. And I don't think Canada would want to go from having a reputation for being polite to having a reputation for being completely rude (as that comment says).

It's gonna be a fun week! :lol:

25. mollymgr

26. DORISPULASKI

And that's Reuters, not USA Today or Phil Hersh. :confused:

I'm wishing them two perfect performances in London :)

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  27. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Awful headline, and the article wasn't any better. I'm not even a D/W fan, but they deserve better than rehashed wuzrobbing (with some snide comments about Plushenko thrown in -:huh:). I checked what Sarkar wrote about last year's Worlds, and she tends to attribute things to skaters that they don't actually say outright - also, it doesn't look as though she felt that strongly about the results at the time. I just don't understand why it is that hard to write an article about what makes Meryl and Charlie special and successful without resorting to negativity about various other people involved in the sport... any number of FSUers could have done a better job of highlighting their strengths and appeal.

28. DORISPULASKI

I can't think why Reuters issued that article? thinking to drum up interest for worlds? Why people would read year old news, who knows?

29. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

The article isn't a year old. The whinging about the results in Nice is, however, a year old.

30. mollymgr

I don't see anything wrong with the article.
    They said they would like to focus on what they can control. Are people expecting them to say that they were happy with their result last year? It is good because they are more hungry for the title this year than last year. The results in Nice were mentioned in the context of these things. That needed to be said a year later.