Davis & White #15: The Polka Connection

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by chipso1, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Apparently it's to "Fade Into You" from that show, Nashville. It's suuuch a good song! I'm so excited.

2. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Ooooh lovely, I can't wait to see it :)

3. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

It was a gorgeous program! I taped part of it but my seat was a little obstructed so I stopped halfway.

4. mollymgr

5. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

The song sounds so pretty. According to twitter, there's a lot of draping over each other?

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So this is an acceptable form of country music for Charlie? :lol:

7. literaryfreak

If we didn't have a link to the song, I'd be imagining that country number Trevor and Charlie did at a DSC show one time. Except Meryl is Trevor. :scream:

8. mollymgr

:rofl:

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Did I imagine Charlie once saying he didn't want to skate to country? And didn't they do a program to a Lonestar song for some NBC show?

10. literaryfreak

I remember him saying that as well, but I can't remember where. Oh that's right, the Lonestar song is country too, but I don't think they get to pick that, right?

So who do we think picked this song? My guess is Meryl. :)

11. mollymgr

I don't think the Lonestar song lasted for a whole season. IIRC, they used it for the Grand Prix events and then switched to The Way I am/Rhythm of Love at National's.

12. Nell411

Nell411 Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility

I thought they used Billie Jean all the way until National's that season?

13. TanithandBenFan

In the opening to the gala all the skaters were dancing on the ice and they spotlighted the champions. Madi Hubbell got down and did the worm with Meryl while Charlie stood behind and showed off some moves lol. I recorded it and will upload later! I hope they show it on NBC though.

14. Sk8fun

Sk8fun Active Member

I can't wait to see this!

15. literaryfreak

TheatreGirl, this is long over-due, but I just realized I never answered your question about the cultural anthropology paper I read: it was an academic paper on the use of functional analysis in cultural anthropology and its shortcomings. I would've rather read a paper on mathematical functional analysis, that's how bad it was. :scream:

But I will take your word for it that normal cultural anthropology readings are better.

16. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

If that's the song I don't think that's country. It's more like soft rock/folk.
    Even the Lonestar is that super poppy country, that's not really distinguishable country. I do not like real country at all.

17. TanithandBenFan

18. TanithandBenFan

19. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Thank you!!

Meryl is truly a national treasure.

And ohhh yes, I am loving this new exhibition. How they hold positions and take their time. They've really come together so beautifully this season. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

(And I've wanted Meryl back in something short and sparkly since Billy Jean...)

20. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

21. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

Meryl looks so glamorous with her fancy up-do. Can't wait to see the whole program. Thanks for the videos!

22. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the videos and photos TaBfan! I can't wait to see this on NBC. :cheer2:

23. mollymgr

24. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

25. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Woaaaah, love it so far! Meryl looks gorgeous! I can't wait to see the rest. Thank you so much! :)

26. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Thanks, TaBfan! Cannot wait to see this in its entirety.

27. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

28. comickiwi

comickiwi New Member

Thank you, TaBFan! Wish I was there, or somewhere where they telecast it; instead of halfway round the world where there are 5 channels for soccer and figure skating is only as filler during winter sports - I can never catch it. This forum is a saviour for me to find clips online...thanks!

Like what everyone has been saying, D/W are finally coming together and giving off the "we're in love" vibe REALLY well this season. I hope it only gets better (and in time for Oly). Their passion and exuberance has always been about celebrating with everyone and not so much with each other, but now I can see it is ABOUT each other. Love it!

Ice dance is one of the few sporting events with male/female pairing, it should always be about the dynamic between the genders, be it friends, brother/sister, lovers...

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

30. mia joy

mia joy New Member