Davis & White #15: The Polka Connection

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by chipso1, Dec 10, 2012.

1. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Continue! :)

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Great! Thanks. :)

3. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Don't Meryl and Charlie deserve a more creative and clever thread title? The last thread title was quite good. But when I see their Giselle SD, "Polka Connection" is not what comes to my mind.

I know I shouldn't complain though, if I can't come up with better suggestions. :p

Continue on...

BTW, I love, love, love Meryl and Charlie ... brilliance on ice personified!

*Golden Retriever + French Poodle = Magic Happens!

*borrowed from last season end's "book" parody thread

5. jeffisjeff

jeffisjeff Well-Known Member

I never post in this thread because I don't really care one way or another about ice dance. :slinkaway:

But, I have to say that this thread title cracks me up! Whoever came up with it must be a Big Bang Theory fan - the episode titles are very often of the form "The [noun] [word that ends in -tion]". :lol:

6. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

While I am ready for a new exhibition :p, I do love the way D/W skate in "Someone Like You": it's elegant and refined but still plenty powerful. Like Die Fledermaus. Since Marina is talking about Olympic FDs, I hope they might incorporate some skating like that in their Olympic FD. :)

There is something about them performing the end of Notre Dame, under the exhibition lights, that is especially beautiful and moving. Maybe the costumes or the renewed speed?

7. Piper

Piper Member

Wow, you've really written a lot.
    Finally, I'm home, finally I've caught up with you. :D

About connection, I have only one thing to say - I have no idea how anyone can think it. After FD they were at the monitors in the hall in HD quality, and I was mesmerized by their expressions. They were skating as one, they were with the music, and they were in it together.
    And btw, finally, they convinced me - I may not be a fan of Notre Dame, but now I don't care. They've just shown that they can make any dance brilliant.

8. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Thanks for that report. Always appreciated!!! :cheer2: What were your thoughts on the SD?

9. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I say if they are to do something big, let them do it in the Olympic season. For this season, ND is a perfect choice and I love them for this choice.

The SD is pure brilliance, I think we all agree. It's perfection.

Piper, so happy for you and so jealous! Give us some more specifics about the GPF, would you?

10. mollymgr

11. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  12. mollymgr

13. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I looked around on YouTube to see if they had any of the classroom videos from the kids Meryl and Charlie are mentoring. This was a cute one from one of their classes: :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF2or1LhfIA

14. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

So I'm looking at my facebook and USFS had posted a picture of Meryl and Charlie with their medals and flowers. One comment was "does she have a tattoo on her arm? Is that acceptable in skating now, I haven't gotten over changing from 6.0"..blah, blah...a second poster told her it was just a shadow on her arm from Charlie's flowers! :rofl: :rofl:

15. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

That was so funny. The shadow did look like a tattoo--but it was on her elbow. Pearls were clutched.

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Cute! :)

17. DORISPULASKI

18. Piper

Piper Member

I love their SD. But the lift still doesn't look easy for them, I was so afraid they'd have deduction again...Luckily, I was wrong.

I hope, I will. But my mind is a complete mess now - I've just had one of the happiest and definitely the craziest five days in my life...:biggrinbo

So beautiful!

Meryl' twitter has a new look, too)
    https://twitter.com/meryl_davis

19. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

And I thought of "The Rainbow Connection" .. cuz apparently I'm still a Kermit fan after all these years. :lol:

20. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

So am I. Kermit is awesome :respec:

21. DORISPULASKI

She has the Japanese fan's cartoon of them in their Giselle costumes! :cheer2:

22. ~tapdancer~

I just watched the CBC vid of M&C's FD and I have to say that even though Kurt and Tracy have to be supportive of V/M (and rightly so as Canadian commentators), I thought they were appreciative of their FD. Tracy was rather enthusiastic and I had to laugh at Kurt saying that he forgets about the "story" of Quasimodo and Esmerelda and just enjoys the program because he doesn't think M&C are the "right couple" for the story and that "Charlie isn't ugly enough"! :lol: One thing was nice...they didn't talk until the program was over.

23. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Where did you watch that? The cbc player doesn't have any commentary added when I view.

24. ~tapdancer~

It was from fsvids, Jessie.

25. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Oh I see, it's an exclusive membership.

26. wit's end

wit's end New Member

I logged on to fsvids.net but couldn't find any 2012 Grand Prix event videos. By the way, I don't believe there is any charge to register if anyone is interested. They do have an outstanding archive of videos catalogued by year, event, discipline and skater.

27. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

You have to upload so many download links in order to access the restricted section, which is the current season.

28. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

29. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

30. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Wow, it's been a while since I last heard/saw someone call them "Marlie" :lol: it's so cute.

When I first discovered FSU the D/W thread was named "Gnarly Marlie and the Silver Stars" or sth like that and immediately I knew it was gonna be a good place to be in ;) seriously, whoever came up with that title, is my hero.