Davis/White #11 - Can't wait to see them "on the floor", er...ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link!

Lovely performance, so happy for them! The music suits them so well. I hate to be negative about anything, but I still wish that they would incorporate more of the masquerade into this dance!! It would be a fun addition to the choreography IMO, and I think they would enjoy it. They've always done really well telling a story, so I feel like more of the story could be added here.

But anyway, so happy for them! 4 straight titles, wow. Two outstanding performances here- love that they were looking at each other more in both dances, I thought it made it more personal, and I wish they'd been doing it all along!

2. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Same here. I find it kinda cool, actually, it's like looking at their program from a different view. It's most probably to avoid getting caught for copyright. USFSA (or icenetwork?) really cracks down on Nationals videos for some reason.

3. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

So I was listening to Sweeney Todd today (not the Johnny Depp version, that's a travesty) and I've decided it should be Meryl and Charlie's next FD. If for no other reason than it would be hilarious.

4. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

hehe:)
    I would like to see them do an exhibition to "Come Together." They are so cool, I think it would work well for them.
    If they weren't already doing an Adele piece this year I would suggest "Set Fire to the Rain."

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I love Set Fire to the Rain and would love to see an exhibition. (But obviously not for M/C)

6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Congrats to Meryl and Charlie on their 4th US title! Love their gorgeous programs this year especially the FD. Awesome score too!

7. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie!:cheer2:

For thread titles…how about "The journey continues in The Year of the Bat" in honor of Die Fledermaus? It is also supported by the UN http://www.yearofthebat.org/
    :rofl:

8. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll be in the Minority here but here goes ......

I prefer Meryl's orange SD dress and the original SD ending :eek: But will have to see it more maybe I'll change my mind.
    The new ending would look more at home in a RnRoll /Jive dance .

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Also, there is a music pun there, always good in a thread title.

Does anyone remember Al Stewart's "The Year of the Cat" from the 1970's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqZc7ZQURMs

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  10. Susan M

Susan M Well-Known Member

There's another one up now that's the right way around
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMt6i58j--A&feature=related
    Who knows how long it will be there.

11. wit's end

wit's end New Member

That makes two of us. I think Meryl's orange dress did much more to accentuate her curves and the movement of the fringe did more to accentuate the movement of her body.

The new ending pose seems too contrived to me and I don't like the changes that they had to make to the music to accommodate the new ending. That being said, if it helps them win, I'll survive.

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't mind any of her dresses.

I think the ending pose is a vast improvement over the previous ones. The one with Meryl crouched down at Charlie's hip was :yikes:

13. wit's end

wit's end New Member

I agree about the crouch. I just wish they had come up with a different solution. As to her dress, I don't "mind" the new dress. I don't think I have ever seen Meryl look bad in anything. I do think, however, that the orange dress did more for her figure in the context of a latin dance.

14. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Meryl and Charlie are on the IceNetwork backstage feed with Johnny and Peter right now.

And Johnny is now petting Meryl.

Meryl says she thinks charlie has a horrible fear of knowing how to do his own makeup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.