Davis/White #11 - Can't wait to see them "on the floor", er...ice!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Just popped into my head, hope it's not too cheesy. New thread just in time for new season!

2. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I tried to watch the YT vid and the picture is moving in slow motion and the audio is skipping. I'm not sure if that means it's still processing?

3. ~tapdancer~

Same here. The picture quality is great but yeah, it's slow-mo and the audio is messed up. Still looks like a fantastic program for them. That last lift is just amazing.

You going to GPF, too? Awesome. How about 4CC? I'm getting my plans together to attend that one.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Here's the link from the previous thread:

It's slow for me too, but it's nice to see anyway!

5. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Yeah, same for me. I actually don't mind the picture moving slowly since we get to see the moves drawn out. I sometimes watch skating in slow motion for the same reason anyways. You had a beautiful view, dlynndao! I've been watching the picture with the sound muted while having another window with "Someone Like You" playing. :D

6. TanithandBenFan

I can't do 4CC since it's right after Nats. My vacation schedule at work is pretty flexible, but even I can't swing that one. :(

7. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

Sorry folks, I have no idea what happened to the video file. It looks gorgeous on my camera/computer, and I've never had issues uploading this file type/size on YouTube before. It may be that YouTube is still processing, but it may not...I'm looking into it now!

shsocu and (deleted member) like this.
  8. ~tapdancer~

Yeah, I kinda figured that. I have the same issue in reverse! I have family in Colorado Springs so that saves me hotel costs, so the choice for 4CC was better. California is just a bit too far away!

ETA: Thanks, dlynndao!

9. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too. Actually, the picture is stopping/skipping a bit, too. But it looks like a beautiful program. Looking forward to seeing it on TV. Actually, they'll probably perform it at the ex at SA before FOI airs, so hopefully IN will surprise us and put up the ex quickly. :)

Only 1 month until their season debut!

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

School is so busy in October that I couldn't possibly get away for Skate America. I'm trying my best to work it out for Nationals, but CA is tough! It would be great though!

11. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

It looks like a beautiful program, wow, can't wait to see it.

12. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

It might be worth uploading it a second time-you can't download the file either. I suspect it's damaged.

13. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

I'm hoping that some of those moves are in their FD as well! :)

14. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

Re-upload started and the original unlisted. Only another 90 minutes to go...fingers crossed. Really sorry everyone!

15. ~tapdancer~

Definitely not a problem! We are very grateful for the upload, hope it works well this time!

16. literaryfreak

I'm just grateful for the version we have!

I'm not sure if you have a PC or Mac, but sometimes if I import the video into Microsoft Movie Maker and save it as a wma file, the download seems to go a lot faster and more in sync. It's when I upload my camera's version, which I think saves things as avi files, that it takes forever to upload and has sound/picture sync problems.

17. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

No problem! Thanks for taking the time to post. Even a sneak peak at any of D/W's new programs is appreciated!

18. shameless

shameless Guest

Tapdancer took the words right out of my mouth, I so appreciate the effort!

19. TanithandBenFan

Thanks, dlynndao! Looks like you had an amazing seat for the show!

20. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

Hallelujah!! New video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z8OG2sDrXY
    Now you can enjoy :rollin:

Thank you, literaryfreak! After YT rejected the first re-upload, I reduced the file size/converted to wmv and YT seemed to like that better. The quality isn't quite as high, but by golly, at least it's up :p

Pro/Am shows don't come often to the Chicagoland area, so when they announced D/W as part of the cast, I made sure to buy tickets as soon as I could. Even at the lowest ticket price, we were 6th row from the ice on the stage end. Great experience, still in disbelief that I had an opportunity to see D/W live!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  21. literaryfreak

Yay, I'm glad that worked for you! Wmv, that's it, I knew I was spelling something wrong...

I had a scare the one time D/W were near me, with the ticket guy over the phone claiming tickets were sold out. Turns out he was wrong, whew! Your seating seems really great, I can make out the expressions on their faces in your video! I remember I was audibly freaking out during the video I took that I was seeing D/W live, especially for the twizzles, which is stupid because it's an exhibition. :lol: Thank you again for this!

I just gotta say, their skating looks even more improved here! So soft, flowing and fast! I wonder if all the work with the complex transitions in last year's FD has paid off in that they can now skate even faster than ever when not in hold. Is it just me or is Meryl's leg line fantastic here? There are a good number of moves that showcase it. Especially that arabesque about :30 from the end, where she's gliding on one foot and they're holding on to each other by their necks, is gorgeous, I hope they makes it into one of their competition programs. There's also another new slide on boot move right after that I thought was interesting and really pretty too. I hope Meryl gets to keep that dress, I especially love the back cutout.

The moves all happen so fast, I wish they could slow it down, but not as much as the 1st version of the video! :lol:

ETA: I meant to add, I also love love that up-and-down slide on boot move near the beginning too. So much to like here, it's been a while since I gushed! :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  22. DORISPULASKI

Thanks so much! It was just gorgeous.

I'm happy that they put that back camel pair spin back in it.

What was their second number.

BTW I thought Meryl's leg line looked really good in the program, too!

What did they skate to in their second number?

23. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Thanks for uploading….it was wonderful :)…I liked the new moves.

Doris- I believe they skated to "Rhythm of Love" and "The Way I Am" for the second number.

24. DORISPULASKI

What a nice contrast between the two choices for programs!

25. ~tapdancer~

Couldn't stay up any later last night but thank you dylnndao for doing so and I love the video! Wow, they just look fantastic. Just so fast and they skate like one better than they ever have. The biggest improvement I see is how fluid they look. They have the speed but it doesn't look "frantic" anymore, not at all to me. So many great moves, like the ones literaryfreak mentioned and I loved that last rotational lift, the speed Charlie got was incredible.

Meryl looks amazing here, her leg line is gorgeous, she has worked so hard over the years and I can definitely see the improvement. She doesn't need to wish she had the long legs that some have, her beauty out there on the ice is second to none, imo. Charlie looks so strong out there, their lifts are just so smooth and effortless.

Oh yeah, literaryfreak, let the gushing begin! :)

26. TanithandBenFan

Simply divine! :swoon: Love the new variation on the lift where Meryl stands on Charlie's leg, and also the move where she was in a split position with one leg resting on his calf. And the split lift is crazy! I wonder if it will be part of the SD.

27. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Beautiful routine!

(I think I'm the only person on Earth who prefers Sierra Hull's cover of the song. :) But it's pretty in any event.)

28. Sandypaws04

Sandypaws04 New Member

I love this program, partly because I love this song by Adele. The flow of the skating works so well with the music. One of the things I noticed after watching it a couple of times was that there are no twizzles. Even though D and W have the great twizzles, I really enjoy the smoothness of the program without them. And I too noticed Meryl's beautiful leg line in many of the moves, so pretty to see from her!

29. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

You're very welcome, glad I could share their gorgeous program :D This was the first live skating event I've gotten tickets to attend, and it was mostly to see D/W. I didn't think the photos/videos would turn out, so when they did, come hell or high water I was determined to get them up! YT = :blah:

I agree that sometimes they can look a little frantic, understandably w/ their fast-paced, jam-packed programs, but they are beautifully fluid here. The music, choreography...such a great combination for them! Also: they skated w/ great flow and speed, despite the smaller rink, and their edges clean and silent. Amazing.

Love the split rotational lift too, and the little hop/lunge combination at 0:54. SO FLUID. Boggles the mind!

Better save my fangirling for the GP...can't wait! :rollin:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I love the new exhibition!!! Too many beautiful moments to mention, but the split rotational lift is :swoon:

Thank you for uploading and reuploading dylnndao!! :respec:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.