Davis and White #27: "Phoning it in" for Meryl and Charlie.

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by shan, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

I'm more than a little hopeful, if only because DWTS has brought them out in a way that would let them continue to develop as ice dancers. And because none of the other US teams are ready to be Numero Uno yet, IMHO.

2. AnnieD

AnnieD Active Member

Thanks! I'll definitely report back - will be keeping my eyes peeled for Maks and Sharna too!

3. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

If Charlie keeps upgrading to bigger houses, they may have to. :D

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

5. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

6. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Great pix, RD - you got some fantastic shots of Gracie, Mirai, Meryl and Charlie, and I love the pic where Alissa and Jeremy are doing facing stag leaps.

7. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

8. cheriepopo

cheriepopo Active Member

so sweet! Tanith is absolutely stunning, she always is, but it's still very romantic that your boyfriend calls you 'the prettiest girl' :)))

9. missysays

missysays Active Member

10. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

11. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

Ummmm... yeah, Meryl and Maks' tango is gonna be the hottest ballroom tango in DWTS history :D

12. Ladida

Ladida Member

I hope for Meryl's sake that it will be at least as good as the AT Maks did for Erin in season 10.

13. Katha

Katha Member

Erin and Maks AT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVKXtpXLLQs

Brandy and Maks AT:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gshLtehSQC8

Tia Carrere and Maks Tango (one of my favourite dances on the show ever...but his hair is terrible :rofl:):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzMayfIAyT0

Meryl is doing the ballroom tango, so on DWTS that means no lifts and no breaking hold (Charlie got dinged by Len for this), which makes it possibly not as "exciting" as the AT. And they're doing it on "party anthem week", where the dances around them will be all about high energy and excitement. IMO it is a bit of a challenge, but it's perhaps also a chance to stand out a bit. We'll see.

And here's Sharna doing the cha cha with Andy Dick (I mean she's doing the cha cha, he's doing whatever, but who cares...Sharna is AMAZING. :hat1:):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IpO0EtEpYM

I'm glad that Sharna got a great partner this time, someone she can really dance with because she's so cool. :cool:

Doggygirl and (deleted member) like this.
  14. cheriepopo

cheriepopo Active Member

I still remember how Maks and Erin's AT amazed me four yrs ago!:D And Bruno was also surprised by Erin's flexibility. She and Maks had a lot of fights in those fluffs, but it looks like they still have a great friendship.

oh, since Meryl has already danced to AT with Val, does it mean there's no AT from Maks this season?:(

15. Spiralgraph

Spiralgraph Active Member

Probably no Argentine Tango for Meryl and Maks, unless they make it to the finals and do an AT for their free style. But. My hunch is Maks would not choreograph an Argentine Tango for their final freestyle, but some other freestyle that would wow us all.

16. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

17. Nadia2013

Nadia2013 Well-Known Member

I love the spontaneous applause that happens once Meryl and Charlie join the rest of the cast members for the "Don't Stop Believin'" finale. I've seen it in the videos from other SOI shows too.

Meryl and Jeremy were cute. :) 4-5 hours of DWTS practice and then skating for SOI seems to have no effect on Meryl whatsoever. She still seems like she has enough energy to keep going, and going, and going...Unless that's adrenaline.;)

18. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I thought I couldn't be more excited for this dance. Then I see this!

19. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

I know! Me too! I love it when Maks teases us like that. :D

20. skatfan

skatfan Well-Known Member

I loved seeing her cute dance with Jeremy - I think this show has been very good for her to cut loose a bit more. I think she's been so serious for so long (I mean, how else do you become an Olympic champ) and steely at competitions for good reason.

21. caitie

caitie Member

22. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

Isn't it about that time for wardrobe peeks! I really want to see what direction the costume department goes with this theme/dance.

23. jenniwren12

jenniwren12 Active Member

24. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

25. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

26. AlisonS

AlisonS Active Member

27. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So it's either not her wig, or that means the 'secret' is that it isn't her hair.

28. E.A. Week

E.A. Week Active Member

The Civic Center in Portland was more full than I've seen a SOI venue in some years. Not sold out, but the lower bowl was full, and the better seats in the upper bowl were all taken. Only the upper seats above where the skaters come out weren't full--though the kids who were sitting there made up for it with enthusiastic shrieking. :)

More details on the performances tomorrow, when I'm at a real computer.

Meryl and Charlie were divine! :D

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report E.A. Week!!

30. Nadia2013

Nadia2013 Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had fun, E.A. Week! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.