Davis and White #27: "Phoning it in" for Meryl and Charlie.

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by shan, Apr 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caitie

caitie Member

Seriously, lol. She's like "...I'm a little tired," and it almost sounded like she was just saying it to make Maks feel better about how exhausted he is. And also her toe is broken? She is bionic for real.

Poor Charlie seems to be having more difficulty with the schedule.

2. alexwoods

alexwoods New Member

PureDWTS is kind of bashing Meryl...It's sad I'm starting to see a lot of this. A lot of people complaining because she doesn't seem to be "struggling" and also implying that she isn't deserving of her high scores? A lot of the arguments are confusing and it's making me sad because I have a nasty feeling that if a male star was doing just as well, they wouldn't be getting bashed like this...

3. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

You have to ignore PureDWTS, they're run by crazed Derek Hough fan girls (seriously, they have a spinoff site called Pure Derek Hough) and they criticize anyone deemed to be a threat to him.

4. pinkmary

pinkmary Member

Exactly.

5. Muffin

Muffin New Member

There are hints of Meryl backlash in a lot of places, totally driven by the fact that she's a female and she's doing amazing all the time, and that makes people really resentful and want to see her taken down a few pegs. That's when you see these really vague accusations like "she seems smug" or "I just don't like her" with no reason behind it whatsoever.

6. alexwoods

alexwoods New Member

Yes, see like I have nothing against James/Peta but one of the arguments from his fan against Meryl was that she didn't struggle at all and it's "annoying." But, he wasn't struggling in his package this week either, the package was about his chemistry with Peta. Or I guess the "struggle" was keeping their relationship platonic according to him. Anyways, learning that Meryl actually hurt her toe weeks back is interesting but I can't decide if I would have wanted that included in her package or if I'm glad she did what she wanted and kept it to herself.

7. belladashwood

belladashwood Member

What else is new... it's like Meryl can't do anything right all because she's paired w/ the pro they hate the most, they wouldn't be complaining if she was paired w/ their Golden Boy. I mean it's okay for Amy to have the troupe in her Jive last week, but it's not okay for Meryl :rolleyes:? There's nothing I despise more than hypocrisy. Shoot, if the troupe is gonna be in anyone's dance, then it needs to be done like Meryl did it where she was featured front & center, and was also doing difficult choreography alongside & keeping up w/ them which shows to me that Maks has been upping his game & challenging Meryl.

It would be helpful, if people can refrain from mentioning that site along with them & their groupies opinions on there, except when it comes to spoilers regarding dances or song. The venom from certain mods & groupie comments that comes from that site makes my blood boil, and I'm really trying to stay in my happy place the rest of the season.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
  8. alexwoods

alexwoods New Member

Maybe it's because a lot of females on the show appear more emotionally vulnerable and are seen crying. You know I completely respect that, but Meryl shouldn't thrown under a bus for being different and for having a different mindset when she deals with her struggles.

9. Ladida

Ladida Active Member

You can't go to the other side and think that they will love Meryl. She is with C-brother so they will never really appreciete her.
    I was watching the interviews from AfterBuzz - poor Charlie he looks so defeated :( I hope the next dance will be better.

10. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Well, all this just makes me like Meryl more than ever, and feel prouder of her than ever. She can work hard and perform wonderfully without whining about every little ache and pain, and while some people don't know how to appreciate that, it's a rare and praiseworthy quality.

11. caitie

caitie Member

Honestly, I don't think it matters. People slam the women who are emotionally vulnerable too as whining or begging for sympathy votes. People are just incredibly critical of female contestants (and pros) moreso than the male ones. People want you to be nice and perfect, but then they say you come off as fake and plastic and they just don't like you. Candice is a prude and Peta is an s-word-I-don't-say. You can't win. :blah:

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Laura4

Laura4 Well-Known Member

Yes!

13. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Do the opinions of the women at PureDWTS matter? They represent 0.001% of DWTS voters. Not enough to impact the result.

14. Marlie fan

Marlie fan New Member

I do not think the anti-Meryl sentiment is widespread. It's primarily concentrated at that fanatical website and seems to be mostly a result of their entrenched anti-Maks feelings. Whenever I go on Instagram or Youtube, the sentiment is overwhelmingly pro-Meryl with a heavy dose of shipping for M&M.

I believe Meryl is doing very well with the fan voting, and she will at least make it to the finals. If i had to place a bet on any single contestant to win it, it would be Meryl. And if she does win it, it won't be because of any manipulation, but because she earned it.

15. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Wait. Meryl is dancing with a broken toe? Yikes! Shit that must hurt. And I totally could see her not wanting it to be mentioned, it's how she's always been. I'd bet good money she's had other past injuries that no one outside of her immediate circle ever knew about.

16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Which means she is also skating on a broken toe...

17. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

That thought just makes me cringe.

18. Terri

Terri Well-Known Member

Aww...Meryl's got a broken toe?! I could barely walk for about a week when I broke mine, then it took me several weeks to completely heal. In fact, I still can't completely curl my toes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.