Davis and White #14 - Better Late Than Sinatra

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by literaryfreak, Sep 11, 2012.

1. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

Not Gangnam Style :dog::scream::yikes:

2. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Finally just watched their freedance at NHK and what a great program and skate. I got chills at one part. V&M and D&W are stunning teams and whoever stands on top have programs that deserve to win.

Just WOW!

3. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

What would people like to see D/W do for an exhibition?

If they're never going to do Beethoven's 7th, Rach 2, or Tristan & Isolde, I would love to see these as an exhibition, even if they're on the serious side.
    Or Meryl could finally get her Beauty & the Beast tv show theme program. :)
    In more popular music, I love Keane's "Somewhere Only We Know", it seems fitting for D/W.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I'd love any of those or Beethoven's 7th or Keane's "A Bad Dream." I'll even take a reprise of Eleanor Rigby or Samson & Delilah. :)

5. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I'd like to see the ghosts of programs that never made it past Champs camp

Amelie Waltz OD
    La Strada FD
    Sinatra FD

6. literaryfreak

Oops, I meant Beethoven's 7th! Fixed.

I too would love to see the lost programs or reprisals of old ones. D/W wouldn't have to pay anyone for new choreography either.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Eleanor Rigby :swoon:

8. mollymgr

I agree with the first two. I had to read your response again because I thought I read "Ghost" :rofl::slinkaway
    I'd love to see a Sting medley.

9. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Fountains of Rome by Respighi

10. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

I'm still hoping that one day, someone will put together a program (exhibition or not) to Central Park from the King Kong 2005 soundtrack. It's my absolute favorite soundtrack of all time and this song is just so beautiful and depressing all at once. I'd be openly weeping the entire time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEa3sB-Zdxg

11. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Since we've discussed Florence + The Machine so much, I'd love to see them do All This and Heaven Too or Carry On by fun. (But then, these are two of my absolute favorite songs right now so I'm being a bit selfish)

12. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

"Volcano" by Damien Rice. :swoon:

13. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I would love to see them do "Somewhere Only We Know"...it is a good choice for them because of the criticisms they get about "connection". Eye of the beholder, imo, because I see a stronger connection in Notre Dame. I love how Meryl and Charlie strive to address their weaknesses and work so hard to improve always. They don't get enough credit for that around this forum (except on this thread of course).

14. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

I think it would be really cool if there was a way for them to end the dance with her in his arms/lap...I was thinking back to one of Tanith and Ben's FDs.
    http://youtu.be/_mLEp291-jE?t=4m31s

15. literaryfreak

It already looks improved to me in Someone Like You too! I am ready for a new exhibition, but the performance in this one still gets better each time.

This is just what I was thinking of! It shows togetherness.

16. Jessiebanana

Yeah I don't understand how their working on their weakness could ever be a criticism. It's mystifying.

I also think this song would be awesome. I think it addresses how private they are. It's obvious to anyone that they love each other and think highly of each other and are very close. It's the level at which they're comfortable putting their personal feelings and connection on the ice for show that I think they struggle with. They've always shown connection in interviews when they're just being themselves. I remember when Charlie said something nice about Meryl after they won Gold at Worlds and she just had that little suppressed smile. I just don't think they're naturally show-ey people. Even Charlie, he may be or have been more outgoing than Meryl, but that's only in comparison. I think they're both private people. Meryl may have even rubbed off on him. Either way it's not a crime and they are working on it.

http://youtu.be/z_9I7KQn1Oc?t=1m8s

17. mollymgr

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

19. Piper

Piper Member

Oh, it's really beautiful)))

I love the changes in FD - it's still not my favourite but I was really enjoying it especially their confidence on the ice I missed at SA.

I always wanted Grease for their EX)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oKPYe53h78

Or this song
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVdOQvx379Y

I mean, they're working so had on their emotional connection, why can't they also have some fun?)))

Oh my, I can't believe I'll see them live in less than two weeks...

20. liv

liv Well-Known Member

They performed that much better than at SA.

Watching their SD reaffirms my love for the polka section. The rest of the dance is good, but the polka selection at the end really ends that program with a bang. That was a brilliant choice.

21. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

i agree with seeing them do a fun exhibition for once

22. Jessiebanana

I know this makes me a terrible fan, but I'll never ever stop wanting them to an exhibition to this: http://youtu.be/nwZEcdBMLLU
    NEVER

23. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

That's my favorite song and favorite part of the movie. :) Not sure how it would look on ice, but it's one of the most adorable scenes on film!

24. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. That is breath taking...and loved the commentary.

I think it is the best FD of the season.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  25. rustyskater

rustyskater Active Member

26. DORISPULASKI

I'd love to hear what the Italian commentators were saying.

I'd like to hear what the Russian commentators were saying, too.

27. Piper

Piper Member

I seldom listen to them but I did that for you. :)
    *Damn, this bell in the dance really mezmerizes me...*

Tha commentator on Спорт admired their technique which lets them make all the elements on a great speed and he thinks it was a wonderful performance.

I heard a funny story about Eurosport commentators. One of them is a big fan of V/M and really dislikes Meryl and Charlie. He said they're good technically but don't put their soul in their dance and don't tell a story there.
    The second one, though, said that he would make a standing ovation with the audience.))

28. DORISPULASKI

3 days with Alex Wong can make that much difference to a program???? WOW. All the dancers should hire him as soon as possible!

The bells were a stroke of genius for sure :)

29. Piper

Piper Member

I really don't think it was only Alex, after all, they had 5 weeks to improve the program.) But he definitely did a great job. :)

30. DORISPULASKI

Yes, I'm sure you're right. But that's about the most improvement I've ever seen in a program in that short a time. Remarkable!