Davis and White #14 - Better Late Than Sinatra

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by literaryfreak, Sep 11, 2012.

1. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Those are great! Thanks for the link. :)

3. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Charlie!! :summer:

4. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

I'll second that wish and raise one to him as well.

5. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

6. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Charlie! I'll have a drink to your good health and fortunes for this season!

Also, love those pictures. Could Meryl be any more adorable?

7. mollymgr

8. CassAgain

CassAgain Well-Known Member

9. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, Charlie! And that pic..so cute...guess he was pretty much born with those golden curls!

10. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I think I've been unconsciensly deeply impressed and thinking about their performances. Last night I had a dream that Meryl the Giselle was a friend of mine and she looked absolutely breathtaking that I had some butterflies in my stomach even after I woke up! And I am a woman!

11. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

:lol: at Charlie's response:

"@CharlieaWhite: A big thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes! Also... Well played @meryl_davis well played..."

12. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

Meryl and Charlie will be on the Today Show tomorrow per Charlie

13. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I'll have to set my DVR!

14. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

They're playing the rhumba part of Davis and White's SD as background music in Skate Canada practice!

15. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

I love this part of the season, when everyone's rolling out their programs. My only complaint is how long it will be until the next time we see Meryl and Charlie!

Last night I dreamt they were doing their Notre-Dame FD to POTO and it made complete sense to everyone watching. I blame the costume color ahahhaa.

16. missysays

missysays Active Member

Meryl and Charlie in NYC prior to tomorrow's Today show appearance. They look so cute!

http://instagram.com/p/RONp3kMyhV/

I love, love, love her boots. Wonder where she got them?!

17. Jessiebanana

Jessiebanana Well-Known Member

So cute! I love their off ice pictures. Sometimes I do wish they were a couple...maybe when they retire :D. I'll never lose hope :p.

18. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I have a very similar pair that I purchased at Macy's.

Meryl has such fabulous off ice style (as well as on) that I would love to raid her closet just once.

19. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

And she has really great hair!

20. literaryfreak

The new boots were the first thing I noticed! She always has the best boots.

sk9tingfan and (deleted member) like this.
  21. circuscandy

circuscandy New Member

Her hair is legend.

22. literaryfreak

For the first time ever, I woke up in time to watch D/W on the Today Show. :lol:

They talked about this season, the upcoming Olympics, and the Classroom Champions thing. They then skated to a modified version of Die Fledermaus, Meryl in the blue costume.

23. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

24. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

I'm glad D/W have their PR machine going right. Hopefully they can build it up so that by Sochi, they are some of the stars the US really watches and roots for (a la Michael Phelps?). It would also be great if they revive the sport in the US! No title sponsor for Stars on Ice last year was ridiculous!

25. mollymgr

26. mollymgr

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  27. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

A bit late with my impressions about the FD. On the whole I do like the dance, although I still think that the music changes are too abrupt - probably they can do something about it to make them smoother. The new connection is nice, as are the many different holds. The only thing - I feel like there are too many of those little hops for Meryl. They've had them in other dances too, and they didn't bother me before, but now I am really noticing them, and it's a bit annoying. Possibly when the whole dance will become smoother, other things in there will make up for that.

28. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

I have read from V/M fans that D/W are so concerned about equaling V/M's "chemistry" that D/W are forcing themselves into fake chemistry, which is a waste of time because they will never have the natural chemistry of V/M. In return D/W are letting their technical aspects slip, when V/M's technical ability + chemistry can never be matched. It is also the opinion of some V/M fans that their Carmen program is so heads-and-tails above D/W's program that the only way D/W can win is with a catastrophic mistake by V/M.

What does everyone think about this? I'm a fan of dance but certainly not an expert to be judging nuances like this. Is it just bragging by fans or is it really something D/W need to be concerned about?

29. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

I think people should wait until Carmen is actually performed before saying how unbeatable it is.

shan and (deleted member) like this.
  30. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

Sounds like like a lot of delusional hoo-ha to me. :lol: That's exactly why I stay out of the V/M thread.

shan and (deleted member) like this.