Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

:cheer:
    Great job, Meryl and Charlie! Wonderful performance! and congrats especially on getting that pesky closed choctaw!

and of course, I am thrilled with Meryl's choice of costume--missed that dress at worlds!
  2. Bournekraatzfan

lol, I was thinking the same thing. That certainly stood out on the score sheets. But I agree, I think it was the same judge, and as long as the judges are consistent in how they score all skaters, I'm cool with it. I do wish we could know how each judge assessed each team relative to the others, but the anonymity of the judges doesn't allow for that.
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  3. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

4. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

I've been enjoying watching them doing team spirit things behind Adam & Jeremy.
  5. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

I have to watch it now, before i go to school!! yay!!:D
  6. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

Well, I was a bad uber and fell asleep but yay for on-demand! What a fun competition...love the team spirit!

And oh yes, Meryl and Charlie on fire again! Great job on the SD and it was nice to see Meryl in the dress we admired from Worlds. She looked amazing as always. And I love how the Japanese fans love M&C! The flowers just raining down. And great cheers. Of course, I really love that they are in first place...right where they belong. :cheer2:

I will have to wake up for the FD tonight!
  7. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

A good night for everyone in the thread title!
  8. ~tapdancer~

Yeah, what was up with that? :lol: And neg GOE's? Did he/she fall asleep during the performance? That those scores were so out of line with the others makes me just go :blah:. But who cares...they got a great score.

Those Level 4s really make a difference...makes me appreciate the score they got at GPF even more.
  9. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Where can I watch the videos from day 1? I missed the live stream, had to go to school :(

But anyway, so happy Meryl and Charlie had a good skate and are in the lead! Hope they stay there till the end of the competition ;)
  10. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Go to here http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesuite.net/isu/site/index.html, click on the drop down that says More Channels above the video screen and click on "World Team Trophy 2012." I think the SD will automatically start playing and you can choose the the other portions of the competition below.
  11. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link to the replay. I looked earlier and missed it. A great performance from Meryl and Charlie. I just love her saucy look on the ending pose!
  12. DORISPULASKI

13. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

:cheer2:The National's dress made a comeback. This WTT looks like fun :cheer2:
  14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Thanks!! Can't wait to watch!

Love the pictures of them stretching too. So cute!
  15. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I watched them and, as much as I love watching them skate and think they did great - I actually thought their SD from Worlds was better. I know they got more points for this one, but in Nice it looked more fierce, their flow was better, the circular steps were better, the twizzles too. The only thing that looked better to me here was the rhumba sequences.

But then again, what do I know? it's actually REALLY hard to tell the difference between an excellent skate and a good one in ice dance, in terms of TES.

Also, I'm not a fan of the brown/bronze/gold/whatever color you think it is dress :p I loved Meryl in orange, happy colors rule! ;)

Nevertheless it's such a pleasure to watch these two compete. I also agree with the statement someone once made that Meryl's hair needs a facebook page. It was the third partner in that SD :D
  16. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

17. DORISPULASKI

18. Bournekraatzfan

Thank you for the link to the broadcast, literaryfreak, and thank you for those awesome stretching pics and the GS article, Doris! You beat to posting the youtube link:)

I really wish you would stop saying things like this, ~tapdancer~, as it only furthers my obsession with a Meryl/Daisuke wedding in Japan...and Meryl would speak her vows in Japanese (which she will be fluent in by this time). okay, I need to stop.

so psyched to see one last rendition of DF! I hope they have lots of fun! Enjoy the rest of the competition, everyone! :cheer:

(sorry if my constant use of exclamation points is getting annoying--I just can't help it!)
  19. ~tapdancer~

:rofl:
  20. ~tapdancer~

I was a good uber this time and got up for the FD. So glad I did! This was worth it. Meryl and Charlie were fantastic...such a great ending to the season with a joyful dance to Die Fledermaus. The audience loved it...cheers and flowers and a full standing O. And wow, great score, they ended up almost 5 pts ahead of V/M.

The judges here so got it right. This was better than Worlds! :cheer2:
  21. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

22. CassAgain

CassAgain Active Member

What a great way to end the season! I wasn't even nervous waiting for the scores--well, not much any way. They had clearly done enough.

I love this event!
  23. rustyskater

rustyskater Member

Excellent job! I am so glad I woke up to see this performance of Die Fledermaus live! It was well worth it. The audience bursted with applause and cheer at the end and the judges rewarded them with marks they so deserved, beating out their competition technically and artistically (by a country mile). I can't help but wish this result had happened at Worlds - but I'll take it. This resounding victory bodes well for them in the coming years and I am especially encouraged about their prospects for earning the OGM!
  24. ~tapdancer~

Wow, so wish D/W had gotten these scores at Worlds (as they should have). It wasn't the levels here either...V/M actually had a 1.5 advantage in the base value of the tech score...the GOEs did it...D/W had all 2 and 3s (the rotational lift had all 3s) and V/M had quite a few 1s thrown in there. PCS...D/W all the way. 17 10s (V/M had 3) D/W had near perfect scores in Interpretation/Timing and Performance (9.96 in both).

Just a great skate all around for them, in the final step sequence you could feel their joy and abandon and the audience just went along with them. It was fabulous and I'm so happy for them.

So psyched for next season already...I love ubering for a team that never gives in and always gives one hundred percent.

Oh, and I believe Scott made another faux pas in the k&C...
    skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Meryl and Charlie!! :cheer2: They truly saved the best (of the best) for last!!

I feel for anyone who missed seeing it live. Fortunately, the ISU link will have the entire FD available On Demand for anyone outside of Japan and Korea to watch Die KickassMaus :D.

I posted this in the PBP thread, but I thought I would share it here as well:

26. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Scott just comes off like a sore loser sometimes. If he didn't want to be there then don't go. But guess the money was to much to pass up eh Scott?
  27. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

I absolutely loved it. The performance and the score :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:
  28. DORISPULASKI

I am so glad for Meryl and Charlie. They wanted to work on expression, performance & musicality this year, and they have done a great job with that in DF!

What a beautiful performance of Die Fledermaus to end the year on!

I will so miss DF, and I'm so glad to hear that they have created an exhibition version of it. It got standing ovations everywhere they skated, even in Canada!

It was a shock to see that V&M did not get a single 10.00 in PCS, and recall that there was a Canadian judge on the panel.
  29. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

Meryl and Charlie are such great representatives of this sport and their country now that's what i call leaders.
  30. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I am so happy I got to see this programme in Nice :encore:
  31. ~tapdancer~

I believe they did get 3 10s, Doris. But overall, quite a bit lower than D/W and I was surprised at all the 1s in the GOE's. V/M totally phoned in this performance, imo.
  32. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

And Die Fledermaus finally beats FF! They looked so happy when they finished. I thought it was very classy when Charlie gestured over to Marina and said she's the reason why.
  33. DORISPULASKI

I shouldn't count things when I'm half asleep :) I'm too old to be staying up all night 2 nights in a row.
  34. Sk8fun

Sk8fun Active Member

I'm so happy for Meryl and Charlie to finish the season with such strong performances. I would have loved these results at World's but am happy nonetheless. They continue to be a class act. What great representatives of the USA. Can't wait to see next year's programs!
  35. Bournekraatzfan

I tried to post this earlier but couldn't.
    Congratulations, Meryl and Charlie! That was magical! Definitely their best performance of Die Fledermaus! I love how they used the music and showed the contrast between the slower sections and the fast ones. They seemed light on their feet and completely engaged in the performance. Their projection was amazing! And the audience reaction was a reflection of these things, I believe. I'm absolutely thrilled for them! What a way to end the season. :cheer:
  36. DORISPULASKI

Well, althought WTT isn't over, it's now officially the off season.

And Meryl & Charlie have to pick to Grand Prix events. I'm sure they will be at Skate America.

Tessa & Scott will go to Skate Canada

Nathalie & Fabian will to TEB, I would suppose.

Worlds next year is in Canada.
    GPF next year is in Sochi
    Four Continents is provisionally in Osaka

NHK is in Sendai, Japan
    CoR is in Moscow, as always
    CoC is in Shanghai
    Skate Canada is in Windsor, Ontario
    TEB is in Paris
    Skate America is ?

Where will Tessa & Scott go for their second pick? Usually it's TEB, but I'm sure P&B will get it...

Should this be the year Meryl & Charlie do Cup of China? It's the only GP they have never, AFAIR, competed at.
  37. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Bravo Meryl and Charlie!! Beautifully skated FD!
  38. mia joy

mia joy New Member

That was fantastic! What a wonderful way to end a season! They were absolutely fabulous all season long, their FD was a winner all season long, one of the best masterpieces created under CoP, I dare to say (and I was so sceptical about it at the beginning of the season!). Also, it's one of the best skating programs in terms of timing with music I've ever seen! Every beat in the music is reflected in their moves, so wonderful. Also love the twizzles. Charlie is so wild and powerful, while Meryl is delicate and in control and yet they manage to be in perfect unision with each other. That's what I call a TEAM.

The only thing that makes me sad is that Meryl and Charlie usually get the scores they deserve everywhere but at Worlds. It's a repeating story - Worlds 2009, Worlds 2010, Worlds 2012. I hope it ends next year ;)

Really? what kind? I must have missed it.

Well, as much as I feel for Chinese people for that, I'd LOVE them to go to TEB. They've only been there once, quite a long time ago (the 2007/08 season) and it would be too easy to catch a cheap flight to Paris to see them live again. A girl can dream, right?
  39. Proustable

Proustable New Member

After V/M saw their scores, Scott said "I hate this event."
  40. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Watching the replay of this event certainly perked up my bowl of Cheerios this morning! This was a magical performance for Meryl and Charlie. That rotational lift gives me goosebumps every time..it is so beautiful. My favorite moment today was the hug they exchanged at the end. Such happiness, satisfaction and warmth. What a great memory for them to carry into the off season.