Davis and White #13 - Even Daisuke is a fan

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Apr 11, 2012.

1. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

This is priceless. That's quite a feat, beating Narumi and Alex who are dance monsters.

I wish we'd get video of the Meryl vs Charlie dance battle, but IIRC, the report said Charlie got crickets for applause, so perhaps it would be cruel. :lol:

2. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

3. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

4. jobelle

jobelle Member

Soooooooooo awesome

5. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Don't anyone ever tell me again that Meryl can't shake her booty to samba :)

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know! She was really shaking it! And Narumi was an intense competitor!

It's nice to see video at last, Go Meryl!! :cheer2:

7. literaryfreak

Where was that booty shake for the SD?? You get it, girl. :lol:

8. Shayii

Shayii Well-Known Member

9. ilovenyc

ilovenyc Member

does anyone know if they are doing any senior B competition this year?

10. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

11. Piper

Piper Member

I didn't find them in the entries for U.S. Senior International, but we still have a hope for Nebelhorn and Finlandia Trophy. Maybe...

Yes, I love it, too.)))

12. TanithandBenFan

13. mollymgr

Why can't we have dance battles for Nationals?

14. literaryfreak

It would make the galas so much more interesting! I've always wanted a twizzle-off, but dance battles would be even better.

We have a couple pics from Champs Camp so far, courtesy of John Couglin's twitter:
    pic.twitter.com/R5kFYZAo
    pic.twitter.com/RsKpxzrH

15. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

Love that 2nd one! I want to edit the other guys out and frame the picture of Charlie.

16. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

:rofl: I didn't notice the background before

17. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Ditto. That cowboy look really does fit Charlie! "Smokin" would be an underestimation.

And about the dance battle I have just one thing to say: Meryl's hair. WOW. That girl is just gorgeous in her own way.

Seriously, how hot/beautiful can a dance team be? The ice is gonna melt!

18. Piper

Piper Member

19. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the links, Piper! Those were two of my favorites as well. Can I just say...Meryl has the best style. I just want her outfits, all of them. Even the Western one :lol:

I guess we should be getting a music announcement soon, eh? ;)

20. carla.chalmers5

carla.chalmers5 New Member

21. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

That's an early practice video (1st one of 3) of a run-through of their Polovtsian Dances FD from the 2006-07 season, right? There was some discussion about it here earlier in this thread :): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3619617#post3619617
    ETA:
    Part 2 of the practice run-through: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPzfcg1K7DI
    End: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOfm8gsc0Ek

There's a shot of Meryl and another national champions' group shot from yesterday in this Tuesday at Champs Camp gallery: http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/gallery.jsp?content_id=37145750

Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  22. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

So did they pick their clothes, or were the clothes provided? I thought the "couple-y" pictures where Meryl's shirt said "We Are Young, But It's Real" were odd, especially in light of this quote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/11/f...-endorsements-follow.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

I really liked that quote of Meryl's because it seemed like she wasn't going to let the figure skating media/world force them to look like a couple just because that's the most expedient thing to do in ice dancing (if you're aren't siblings). I know it's not a big deal, but I thought it was cool that D/W were trying to buck that trend. These pics don't really jive with that.

Otherwise, thanks for the link!

23. TanithandBenFan

How are they supposed to pose - standing ten feet apart? :lol: They're an ice dancing "couple." I thought the shots were cute and didn't think they looked like they pretending to be in love or anything. If they'd be in each other's faces making googly eyes, then that would be a different story. ;)

FanofDance likes this.
  24. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Ditto. I didn't think they were pretending to be in love. They have to do a bit of "playing the character" if they are going to pose in ballroom dance poses. And I can't even read Meryl's shirt...

25. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Maybe like the way the posed in the other 2 sets? Obviously not 10 feet apart.

I don't have any problem with playing the character in ballroom poses. I just thought that particular set didn't seem very "them," but that's just my opinion. I really liked the other ones.

26. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

The pics are awesome. They look amazing. I don't care how they pose, we know what their relationship is like and I love the couple poses just because they look so incredible together!

Music announcement, please?

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. mollymgr

Thanks for the link. I like the photo shoot idea. They look great. USFS should do this every year :)

Last year, I believe there were interviews after the program. I'm not sure when those showed up on youtube.

I can't wait to hear about the FD music. I've been quite relieved that it isn't going to be Sinatra. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it isn't going to be anything remotely close to Sinatra. By this I mean anything from this list http://www.amazon.com/The-Ultimate-Crooner-Collection/dp/B0028FMG0C :scream:

28. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I expect they wouldn't rule out Sinatra and then go with something essentially the same.

29. shameless

shameless Guest

Maybe you've never had your picture taken by a professional photographer, Sap5, but I have and they position and pose you in different ways that they think will photograph well or create a mood or impression.
    i think you may be reading too much into a staged photo...Meryl and Charlie are very upfront and honest about their relationship, I don't think that means they can't have a little fun with their photoshoot.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Piper

Piper Member

I would never notice it without your post, and even then I had to look twice. :D
    If they wanted to point it out, it probably would be seen better at the pictures.
    I looove that they are posing as dancers here.))

I'm not sure about the skirt, but I adore the second outfit. :rollin: