Davis and White-#10

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Jan 30, 2011.

1. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

:cheer2: Thanks dlynndao for posting all the pics. Can't wait to see the video.

The first GP is about a month away, October 21-23, 2011 Skate America…it can't come soon enough…this off season feels like it has been exceptionally long.

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Thanks molly! I do think that this has been a long off season, which is strange since it was month shorter than usual. :rofl:

3. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

I just watched that one! Wow. The person filming it was sitting at one end, it was really a great view. What amazed me was their speed! They look even faster this season. They just fly across the ice. Loved their new exhibition, it looks to be a winner. They did a rotational lift where Meryl was in a full split but upright. So fast, just stunning. I like that they used their old move from S&D too, the one where Charlie spins Meryl around while she's low on one skate...just a incredibly lovely move. Can't wait to see this one again!

shan, the first GP is Skate America! With them...yes.

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I wish I could go to Skate America! Is anyone going?

5. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Ooh, I loved what we could see of it! The lift at the end was stunning.

6. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I'll be there!

7. ~tapdancer~

TanithandBenfan usually goes every year, right? Wish I could make it but I am working on going to Four Continents. Have family in Colorado Springs so it would be perfect. Especially perfect if D/W are there again but I'll take what I can get. :)

Oh, and looks like we'll be needing a new thread tonight! Any thoughts on a title?

ETA: We crossed posts, TABfan! I knew you'd be going, always look forward to your reports and pics!

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:cheer2: TaBfan!! Looking forward to great reports!

9. TanithandBenFan

I have a new website where I'll be posting all my photos (under the "Figure Skating Photography" tab) and if I feel ambitious, I might blog from the event. :) I posted an ice dance-themed blog today with a D/W vid as proof of ice dance's awesomeness. :)

10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Great blog! I love the Silverstein/Pekarek video as well as Meryl and Charlie's (of course)!

11. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

Sorry the upload took SO long! Enjoy! :D
    [[ URL removed -- faulty file, re-uploading and will re-post functioning link soon! ]]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2011
  12. ~tapdancer~

Nice blog! Great idea and it will be great for your pics and reports. I'd love some "live" blogging from SA! I agree with you about ice dance awesomeness. T&D started my love affair with ice dance but D/W are without question my faves of all time. But it's also nice to have so many fabulous ice dance teams to enjoy, too!

Looking forward to following your blog!

13. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Thank you so much dlynndao, I really appreciate you putting it up so soon!

While I wait for it to finish processing, I may be going to the GPF this year! I just hope, that with only 6 skaters in each field, we don't have lots of withdrawals as there tend to be...

Also, nice blog TABFan! It's a great idea to put more figure skating blogs out there, especially one that emphasizes the awesomeness of ice dance.

14. TanithandBenFan

Yay! This will be my first GPF and I'm so excited! I hope the field will include a few Canton teams. ;)

15. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Aww, the video is set to private! :(

TABfen, love your blog already and can't wait for your reports at events throughout the season!