Davis and White-#10

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by ~tapdancer~, Jan 30, 2011.

1. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

New thread just in time for 4CC and Worlds. Congrats to them on their 3rd US title!

2. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Title-Charlie says that even though they skate to the Postman, they can never just Mail It In ;)

I can't wait to hear what they are using for the new exhibition.

BTW, a copy of their FD in higher def format is now available.

3. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I loved seeing Meryl and Charlie live!!! They were great, completely exceeded my expectations! I'm so happy to see improvements in their FD and can't wait to see how much more they can improve by Worlds.

The exhibition looks fun from that one picture. :cheer2:

5. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Their free dance yesterday was STUNNING! The best it's been performed. Room for improvement, yes, but it's amazing!

I love that the knee-swinging lift looks seamless now, especially the transition out of it.

6. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

They use two songs in the new exh. One I think is by Feist and the other is "Rhythm of Love." (Jeremy used it for his exh too). It was a really cute program!

7. Pretty Vegas

Was it that "1,2,3,4 tell me that you love me more?" song....their exhibition sounds so cute! LOL that Jeremy skated to the same song though.

8. DORISPULASKI

Did the audience like it? (The Skate America audience were not fans of D&W's last exhibition number, I was told.)

And what did Ryan Bradley skate to.

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oh crumbs, that song gives me earworms! :scream: Cute outfit, though.

10. TanithandBenFan

It wasn't that song. I wish I could think of the name. It was on the radio.

I uploaded just my D/W pics from the exhibition. Too late to try to upload all right now!

Doris, Ryan did the Willy Wonka program.

11. mollymgr

mollymgr Well-Known Member

TanithandBenFan, thank you so much for uploading. This program looks all kinds of cute. Can't wait to watch it on TV next week.

12. Pretty Vegas

Oh my gosh, this looks too cute!

13. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

Was the audience SO OFFENDED?

(can you tell I doubt that was true ever?)

14. mollymgr

15. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Yes, that is the first song they used. I've never heard it before. It was a really cute number. And I don't believe anyone was offended. ;)

16. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

I love, love this new exhibition. You can kinda tell what it's about from TABFan's pictures - nerd boy in love with a pretty girl, or something to that effect, I've completely forgotten now. I think my mouth was half open watching it live, I couldn't believe how cute it was. It warmed my heart. :lol:

17. Pretty Vegas

Oh awesome! I loooove that song! I'm glad you guys liked the exhibition, I'm glad they got a new one and I can't wait to see it.

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm excited to see a fun, light exhibition. They've done more intense ones since Beyond the Sea. I can't wait to see it next weekend. Thanks for the reports! :D

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. literaryfreak

literaryfreak Well-Known Member

Oh and for the record, I threw socks.

I don't know if they showed them on the camera, but look for a red object on the judges' side (very near, since I am a horrible thrower). I am assuming Charlie will give them away to charity, unless he really wants red socks. :lol:

20. semogal

semogal Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!!

21. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

Hs anyone a link please for D/W SD ?

22. Masterbus

Masterbus New Member

Can I just say that I love Jacqui White's twitter wallpaper? It is like the most beast fantastical shipper wallpaper of Davis and White ever to be seen! She is so my idol, awesome parental support.

http://twitter.com/jacqwhi

23. ~tapdancer~

Back home from nationals! I'm so overwhelmed, I can't even begin to say how wonderful everything was. I met more skaters than I ever dreamed I would and best of all, meeting M&C and even getting a pic with them! Seeing them skate live was amazing to say the least. Both their programs were incredible, their speed and how they fill the ice is so much more wonderful to see live. I know I can't but I wish I could see them live every time they compete...:lol:

Their exhibition was so adorable, I sat there with the stupidest grin on my face! literaryfreak and I were grinning at each other like fools! They came out in those great costumes (Meryl was beautiful!) and Charlie looked completely adorkable. And the songs were perfect. Funnily enough, a few years ago I saw a fanmade vid montage for V/M with the song "The Way I Am", and always thought how I'd love to see D/W skate to that. And they did! Paired with the second song, "Rhythm of Love", it was a cute, fun, romantic number and I'm so glad to see them having fun out there with it. Charlie's black glasses were perfect...just like literaryfreak described...the nerd and the pretty girl. This was just a great exhibition for them.

btw, I know I've said many times how lovely I think Meryl is...well, she is even more so in person. She's just flawless. Her and Charlie both are so gracious to their fans, too. All the skaters I met were gracious. What a great time.

24. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

I find the word "shipper" a bit creepy when applied to real people.

25. mollymgr

Thanks for sharing your awesome experience ~tapdancer~. :)

26. ~tapdancer~

This is just a random thing... but I honestly was stunned by Charlie's speed when they take the ice for warmup before their programs. You know how he skates by himself to start? Well, he makes the other skaters seem like they are standing still, it's like a special effect! He flies across the ice and I was sitting at the opposite end from where they came out so he flew right towards me. It was amazing to watch. I was thinking it must be from his hockey days, he reminded me of a hockey player speeding to the goal, except he's much more graceful!

27. Pretty Vegas

Their speed really came across to me when I was watching the practice feed. After Meryl and Charlie would do their run-through, they would skate around by themselves and they were just flying across the rink. If it came across that way on that terrible practice rink feed, I can't imagine how it was live!

28. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

She's had that up almost since she set up her Twitter. I think someone asked her about it once and she tweeted that a fan had created it and sent it to D/W.

Add me to the list of those who saw Meryl and Charlie live at Nats. I saw them 2 years ago in Cleveland and it is still amazing to watch them practice and compete in person. I can confirm that yes, they do fly around the ice. ;) And thanks to TanithandBenFan, I was able to get a ticket for the FOFS breakfast (I'm a skating member of USFSA, we don't get invited to these things :() and meet Meryl and Charlie (along with the Shibs and C/Z). I'm sure they were all tired from the day before, but they were all lovely to talk to.

It was great to meet tapdancer, literaryfreak, and lovesdance, and great to spend time with TandBFan again. Her banners received many compliments from their target audience. ;)

Looking forward to 4CC and Worlds! (watching from home, that is....)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  29. TanithandBenFan

30. DORISPULASKI

I didn't make any of the practices, but totally loved Nationals this year. It was great to meet DebbieS, lovesdance, literaryfreak and Tanith&BenFan, and to be able to remember their faces while reading their posts. All 3 of the medallist teams were wonderful, but Charlie and Meryl were the very best--their hard work this year is so paying off.

I wish I had been able to do the gala, the practices, and such, but it just wasn't possible-

-