David Boreanaz sued

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, Jul 23, 2010.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/07/22/bones.sex.lawsuit/index.html?hpt=T2

I know its a serious issue and harrassment is never ok...but if it were me, I let the guy do whatever he wanted. He's seriously hot. :smokin::p Kind of shocked anyone would turn him down to be honest. Talk about throwing away a golden opportunity!

Some pics in case anyone isn't familiar-

http://www.tvboyfriends.com/wp-cont...writersundayeyecandy-11c8a1davidboreanaz1.jpg

http://megwood.com/archive/davidboreanaz.html

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/assets_c/2009/12/goopontheGirl-thumb-572xauto-41533.jpg

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I'm in love with him, too. Hope he's not a jerk!

3. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

well he has already cheated on his wife once iirc....I'd say that is sending him into jerkville pretty easily.

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

You're shocked anyone would turn harassment down??

Maybe I'm being thickheaded and that was just a joke. I hope it was.

Japanfan and (deleted member) like this.
  5. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

6. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

I don't know which scenario is worse or better. Actual harassment or an affair in exchange for a job that turned into a harassment allegation. This one could get very tricky and ugly.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wish I hadn't read that last article. :scream:

8. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

sorry :shuffle:

mpal I totally agree with you.

9. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Not to trivialize what allegedly happened to this woman, but if she was an extra on the show, it would be pretty unusual for the star of the show to hit on her on the set, and be taking pictures with her on set. At least not without a couple of dozen other people around to witness whatever was going on. Usually the only place the extras get within shouting distance of the stars is while the actual setup and filming is taking place.

10. haribobo

Well the part about him promising the job and being married is pretty crappy. Also, no means no, so he should have just cut it out. It's not as if there's a lack of options for him. Assuming any of this is true.

Just, if I were her, I wouldn't be able to resist a guy that hot...but that's just based on looks...but then, I'm a guy. :p

11. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

Something seems very odd about this whole thing, an extra is usually on a set a day or two, not for months, and they certainly wouldn't be hanging out in the star's trailer.

I agree it sounds more like an affair that went south, which has now evolved into a harassment suit.

pat c and (deleted member) like this.
  12. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

He's OK looking, but his acting skills (or lack of thereof) would be a big turnoff for me (aside from the fact that he's married). It's like when I sat behind a quite famous actor at the movies once and he lost all his charm because of his high-pitched, half human female, half hyena laugh.

13. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

BINGO. This woman got dumped after the wife and press found out about his affairs. Now she wants a piece of the pie. She should have just kept her clothes on instead. I bet this ends up getting dismissed.

14. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

He's still a decent looking guy, but I thought he was much better looking in his Buffy/Angel days. Had a huge crush on him then :swoon:

He's a cheating womanizer, but it sounds as if this woman is crying wolf because she didn't get what she wanted from him. If someone were harassing me I sure wouldn't be alone with them in their trailer or car.

15. calica

calica Active Member

There is an enormous difference between being an unfaithful to your wife and harassing a woman.
    I do not understand because the people mix these concepts.:rolleyes:

16. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Whether it's "just an affair"/him being unfaithful to his wife, or actual sexual harrassment, I think the "jerk" label could still be considered accurate....

17. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I understand turning him down because I'd turn him down too. I always thought he was unattractive and never understood his hype during his Buffy/Angel days.

18. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

'Let the guy do whatever he wanted' is troubling - suggests that even if he were abusive to you, it would be okay.

Just because man is good-looking/hot does not mean that he will treat you with respect and consider what 'you' want. Not a reason to give up what you want, which should never be treated as less important than what he wants.

19. haribobo

That's not what I meant. :rolleyes:

20. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Of course it isn't, but even though you prefaced it with "harassment is never okay", talking about how the man is gorgeous and you want him to do whatever he wants to you in a thread you started about him possibly sexually assaulting someone (even if it's untrue) completely undermines the struggle she would have gone through and totally undermines women as a people. Especially when you say you would let him do whatever he wants to you in regard to the sexual assault itself. It basically reads as, "Because I think he's gorgeous I would be happy to let him sexually assault me." What a novel thought.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  21. haribobo

I just posted that so you'd have chance to get on your high horse and tell me what a terrible a person I am. Looks like I succeeded. :D

Maybe my wording was a little um, off, I'm just shocked that even sex symbols get turned down sometimes. Though the whole married thing is pretty skeevy....so knowing that, it makes more sense.....if that's even what happened.

22. calica

calica Active Member

Although the harassment topics are very serious, bothers me that the people use serious problems only for obtaining money or fame; and really the lawyer of the claimant does not help to believe her.

Accoding as article :

"Ms. Hagan did her best to deter his sexual advances, but did so in such a manner that she would not offend him since he had offered to assist her in her acting career," the suit said.

"She claims he repeatedly promised to find her an acting role but never delivered."

the harassment was not important to her if she had obtained a role?
    and the "emotional and psychological distress" that she suffer now would have miraculously disappeared if she had acted in "Bones".?

23. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

:huh: Me specifically? Or any members of the forum? And really? What a strange thing to do. Well, I'm glad you got your kicks for the day.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  24. silverstars

silverstars New Member

I don't think that they were correlating the two--they were just saying that the guy seems like he's a jerk, regardless of the harassment charges.

This could end up being a sticky case. The way the woman is talking, it sounds as though she'd be okay with the advances if he got her the promised acting role--his lawyer could definitely exploit that. The fact that she spent so much time on set, despite the fact that she was an extra, seems a bit suspect too. I watch Bones, and there really aren't too many extras or even repeated scenes where the same extra would have to be used more than once for continuity's sake. I'm not saying that Boreanaz is nice or a good guy (although I loved him as Angel, so this is all a bit depressing for me), but she's going to have to present a stronger case if she wants to win.

25. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I watched Buffy, Angel and now Bones every week and have never missed an episode. What he does outside of the show is of no interest to me, unless what he did was actual harassment. I wonder how long she went after him about outing him before she charged him. Poor girl didn't get a plum role after sleeping with someone who promised you the moon. Welcome to Hollywood you nimrod! Unless they are minors, saying yes to sex for a favour happens every day...that this person happened to go after a television star whom she believed would offer her a role makes her pathetic IMHO. Maybe talk to the casting director? That would be where I would start...

David B is a jerk for cheating on his wife...but that too happens everyday. Not right or fair or good but it happens.

26. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Minchiruwater is on a high horse?:confused:

And she told you that you were a terrible person? :huh: