Danelle Kahle;

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by FSWer, Jan 19, 2013.

1. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what she is doing now? As we haven't heard much of her.

2. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

From Wikipedia:
    She hasn't skated in a while. I doubt we will see her again.

3. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Danielle Kahle's last competition that I know of was in November 2011 - she placed 5th at Pacific Coast Sectionals and missed qualifying for 2012 U.S. Nationals by one place (top 4 advance).

From an early 2011 local article on Kahle:
    "A Cal State Northridge freshman majoring in film directing, screenwriting and editing, she plans a career in front of or behind the camera."

4. FSWer

FSWer Well-Known Member

So she's Retired now? Who is Danielle coaching? Does she coach Basic Skills Learn to Skate? How old is she now btw.?

5. michiruwater

She is 23. I can't answer the rest of your questions.

6. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

She coaches at Simi Valley Iceoplex. I see her sometimes.

7. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Question, was she one of the three girls that was shown on television at Nationals sometime during the 2002-2006 quadrennial? :confused: Yep, I'm sure it was her, along with the one that looked exactly like Tara Lipinski (skated like her as well, forgot her name, but she wanted a pink Hummer, that I do remember :D ), and the last girl was the one & only lovely Kimmie Meissner. :) I recall the speculation of who among them would stand out, and it was Kimmie that panned out during that quadrennial. :cool:

Thanks for bringing it up, FSWer, brings back some wonderful cherished memories of that time...

8. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

The third girl in that trio was Katy Taylor.

9. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Katy Taylor was the one who wanted a pink Hummer, I think she grew out of that wish.

10. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

If you are talking about the show Ice Diaries, the four girls were Katy, Danielle, Bebe Liang and Alissa Czisny.

11. michiruwater

It was Sandy Rucker, not Katy Taylor, on that show.

But they're talking about what, if I remember correctly, was a fluff piece shown during Nationals. The only thing I distinctly remember about that fluff piece was Katy's hummer wish.

12. marysy

marysy Active Member

What is Katy Taylor doing now, anyone know?

13. michiruwater

According to Wiki, Katy gave birth to her first child in September, but no source is cited.

14. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody for Katy's name, that's the one. :D And, yes, I'm talking about the little snippet from Nationals one year during the 2002-2006 quadrennial, wherein three young junior girls were sitting on a couch giggling. :lol: And, no, never watched Ice Diaries nor any other ice skating reality show except for Johnny Weir's. :cool: