Dancing With The Stars

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 23, 2012.

1. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

OK so I have too much time on my hands between 4 CC's and Worlds. I know that DWTS returns on March 19 but I have not heard anything about who will be the "Stars" this season. Anyone know anything?
  2. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I've seen some of the rumors before.

Perez Hilton, I really hope it's not true. He makes me puke and I want to watch this season. Perez' claim to fame is being a nasty troll who draws semen on people's faces, and to think that he's being taken seriously by legitimate media. *gags* Of course, no one has ever asked him about it. "So Mario, what brought you to drawing semen on people's faces? Was it something you ever dreamed of doing? Your parents must be so proud of you."

I'll take another Kardashian (bleh), but no Perez, please.

Didn't Jenny McCarthy say that they've been asking her but she would never do it because they don't have enough A-list celebrities on it? Because she, of course, is one. :lol: Her claim to fame in the last 10 years? Being an ex-girlfriend of Jim Carrey.

Stevie Wonder, how exactly would that work?

Tori Spelling would be a perfect choice. I hope this one is true. I hope Tristan gets her, too.

Dolly Parton is painful to watch. Too many freaking plastic surgeries.

Herman Cain? Hahaha. I don't think so.

I like Lara Spencer.

Giuliana Rancic just bugs. I don't understand why she's famous and why we need to hear about every single thing that she does or goes through in her life. I would have said private life, but apparently that word doesn't exist in her vocabulary.

I would be curious to see how well Lisa Marie Presley can dance.
  4. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Interesting article. Thanks for sharing. I don't see Herman Cain, Dolly Parton or Paula Deen on the show :lol: The rest of them are kind of ho hum but I may learn to like at least one of them.
  5. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

If Pee Wee Herman is on, I refuse to watch. He was on Top Chef recently and it was just painful to watch. He kept trying to joke around and be funny, but everyone just chuckled politely and seemed uncomfortable. Of course, I never found him amusing back in his heyday, so...

Victor Cruz would be great. When I saw him dancing in the end zone and doing his Salsa moves at the Grammy's I thought DWTS would go after him.

Agree about what was said about Dolly Parton.

Paula Deen could spin it as a weight loss regimine to help her diabetes.

Another Jersey Shore cast member?? Seriously??
  6. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I will debate that last if Bruce Jenner counts as a Kardashian now. But seriously, gag.

More easily than it would for someone profoundly deaf.

That just sounds FAR too reasonable for the producers these days...

He's already said no.

Who?

No, I'm dead serious, who?

Someone on DanceForums was wish-listing and mentioned that they had heard Celine Dion's said she would WANT to do it. As long as we didn't get treated to "My Heart Will Go On" AGAIN, I could go with that...

And my favorite, could be MUCH better than it sounds suggestion: SHATNER.
  7. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Perez Hilton and Pee Wee Herman. Happy thought, indeed. :yikes:
  8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I know these are just rumors, but good grief this list is a trainwreck. :yikes:

I admit I'd rather watch PeeWee Herman than Kris Jenner. :scream:
  9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

how many times do all of the kardashians have to sit in the front row before (1) my punishment is complete or (2) the zombie apocalypse kicks in
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I believe I read in one of the NY papers that Victor Cruz says he was invited and would like to do it, but that his schedule didn't permit it this time.
  11. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

I'd rather have Bruce Jenner than any Kardashian. At least he's a legitimate celebrity. But I'll take any Kardashian, as much as it pains me (can't stand them all), if they don't get Perez. He's one of the people I would cross the street to avoid because he disgusts me so much. I don't think he deserves any attention in any media. His place in under the bridge, with the rest of the trolls.

True, but so what? He'd be better than a quadriplegic, too. I just don't see it, for many reasons. Plus, isn't he too famous to do it? (although I've heard rumors he wanted to do it)

He got Nancy Freaking Grace last time. He deserves a break.

Speaking of Nancy, I think I'm going to miss seeing her overweight and imperfect but completely natural body, if we're really going to get so many people with heavy plastic surgery.

Google her picture. I did. I guess I still don't remember her name even though her face (that bugs, too, it looks like some kind of insect stuck on a pin) is everywhere. She's some kind of a TV presenter and I think she had a reality show about her and her husband? The thing that bugs me the most about her is that she acts like she's so famous (or captivating) and it's completely natural to share every single part of her life with the whole world, because who wouldn't want to know everything about her? This BTW, is my impression of her, she might be the nicest and most decent person in the world. She just bugs me. Her whole aura and her weirdly shaped face.
  12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I can't see Stevie Wonder being on this show.
  13. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Is that, like, a pun? (My pun-radar is really bad!)
  14. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

If it made you smile, laugh or even groan, then yes. Otherwise, it was a totally serious comment about a superstar being WAY too A-list to appear on a television program such as this.

:D
  15. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, Stevie did try driving school. IIRC, he attended one of the performance driving schools out in the desert.
  16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

PeterG...pun....No ;)

I like the idea of Victor Cruz, but if it could conflict with organized team activies In April and May for an NFL team, I am not sure the newer players should be doing it. Cruz and Tebow are probably still new enough to be expected to turn up at everything. Remember that the veteran Jason Taylor got a lot of flack for doing DWTS instead of pre-camp workouts.
  17. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

In general I don't care who any of these people are. What interests me are the dynamics the stars have with the pros and watching them learn how to dance.
  18. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that Guiliana Rancic acknowleged the rumors about her doing DWTS but she just doesn't have the time right now.:rolleyes:
  19. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

:eek::eek: Blasphemy!! ;)

Dolly has been asked several times, but she keeps turning them down. There's no way she has the time. (Plus, she's not exactly a dancer...)
  20. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, she very recently was diagnosed with breast cancer and had a double mastectomy. I would think that cancer treatments keep her pretty busy these days.
  21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

22. Megansmom

Megansmom Member

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

TMZ is also reporting Maria Menounos from Extra is a contestant
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Just happened across an interesting conversation on Twitter:

@SashaCohenNYC “@Markette88: @SashaCohenNYC I hate that life gets in the way of you dancing with @MarkBallas ! :( Maybe next year?” I would love it!

@MarkBallas Make it happen sash ;)

@SashaCohenNYC @MarkBallas I'd free my schedule for you in a heartbeat ;)
  25. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

GK -- the link shows through the spoiler tab
  26. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I am sad that Alison Arngrim hasn't been asked yet. PERFECT contestant.
  27. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

They should have had Alison Arngrim and Melissa Gilbert on the same season. :respec:
  28. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

No way. If that happens, someone will inevitably get punched in the face or pushed down the stairs in a wheelchair.
  29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:lol:
  30. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:kickass: I'll watch that season. Sasha will win it going away.
  31. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Your eyes are better than mine, :lol: but I took out the link just in case.
  32. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Now THAT would liven up the format! :lol: That would be great casting.
  33. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Anyone watching GMA on ABC? Supposed to be announcing the Teams. No TV here. Someone's gotta be watching to spill please? :D
  34. Wyliefan

Switched over from the Weather Channel for a second. The only one I recognized at first glance was Jaleel White (and that's only because they said his name). So we know there'll be at least one Urkel-themed dance.

And Robin Roberts was sitting in a dancer's chair, so maybe she's on the show too?

ETA: Okay, we've got a list now, and Roberts isn't on it. Guess she was just sitting there for fun.
  35. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I hope Martina Navritolova is better than Monica Seles....she has to be.
  36. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Well, what a casting coup that Derek gets the pretty girl. That'll certainly be different. :rolleyes:

I hope Martina and Gladys :kickass:
  37. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

tres surprise:lol:
  38. Wyliefan

Not the only pretty girl -- Mark got Katherine Jenkins. :)
  39. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Underwhelmed
  40. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Sadly I have heard of only 5 of the "stars"!:eek:

Having a fan base is so important in DWTS so some of these folks will be goners soon.