Dancing With The Stars, Week 9, Semi-Finals

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Nov 14, 2011.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

My guess is they'll put JR in the bottom two because he had a not so good night, but he'll be safe.

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Yeah!! Queer Eye for the Dance Guy!! :D I LOVE me some Carson!

3. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I think you're right.

That is a BAD rendition of Lady Gaga... Glad to see Anna back though.

4. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Dear Design-a-Dance Voters: PLEASE, try to remember next time that while you may love a song, we have to listen to the DWTS singers, not the original artist.

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yay, it's the creepy girl/brother coffee commercial - it must be the holiday season.

6. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Wow, Karina was in tears even before she and JR were told they are in jeopardy. Does she know or feel that it's them going home?!
    I hope they stay...

7. Eden

Eden Well-Known Member

Yay, JR is safe and he didn't finish in the bottom 2!!! :cheer2:

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

How do we know he didn't finish in the bottom 2 (I'm on a call and can't watch live)?

9. danceronice

They said "Not necessarily the bottom two."

10. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

Is Hope gone?

11. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Yup!

12. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

Thank you Veronika :)

13. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yes, all Hope is lost. :lol:

14. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I'm just catching up, and yeah, that is a serious Lifetime movie.:yikes:

ETA: Her comments after her AT suggest that she inherited some of her father's mental illness. Talk about delusions of persecution.:rolleyes:

15. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Random note here, but did anyone see Shawn Johnson tonight? She was there at the show and I didn't watch, but I wanted to know if she got a camera pan or something. :)

16. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Of the 3 finalists, I find Rob to be the most precise with his arm movements and very sharp. Ricki the most 'smooth' and JR the best performer. This is the first season in a while where I'd be okay with any one of the three finalists winning. I kinda called it from about week 4, who the finalists 'should' be, and I was right!

Say what you will about Rob, he does seem to be putting a lot into this, and he seems to be enjoying it as well - when he smiles while dancing (like in the Samba) it seems like he's genuinely enjoying himself, which I find endearing. I also think his Samba was better than Ricki's who seemed to be focusing too much on her shoulders last night (though the improvement in her posture was amazing!)

In the Derek/Anna dance tonight, it really showed that Derek is by far the strongest pro on the show - it looked like he was dancing circles around Anna (who I adore) out there, making her seem like the 'star' to his 'pro'. The guy may be slightly annoying, but he is an absolutely fantastic dancer and choreographer.

JR - RICE your ankle so you can come out full throttle next week, Ricki - don't stress and just enjoy it! and Rob - just keep having fun and showing your dedication. It's going to be an interesting finale!

17. LuckyCharm

So much recycling of music this season. JR/Karina using the same song for their AT as Evan/Anna.

18. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

So the one with a combination of Nancy Kerrigan's looks and Tonya Harding's upbringing is gone.

"Why, why, why?!"
    :rollin: :kickass:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  19. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Hope was pretty classy in her exit--NOT! Glad she's gone.
    J.R. FTW next week, please! :cheer2:

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  20. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

I never thought that I would enjoy Nancy Grace more than Hope.

21. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

OK, JR miraculous recovery garners big scores and his lead is sealed with votes from folks who don't understand that he was never "in jeopardy." If there's a god, Ricki finishes 3rd.

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I wonder if Donny Osmond's comments about Rob winning (on GMA) may inspire the Kardashian fanbase to vote more.

I wonder if Hope/Maks declined the "morning after" GMA appearance?
    I want JR to dance really well in the finale, and win
    He was/is the wonderful "surprise" of a disappointing season, IMO.

23. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

No way - Tracy Turnblad for the win !!!!! :respec: :respec: :respec:

24. LuckyCharm

Agreed. The fact that KRob is in the finals and actually deserves to be there is evidence of how bad this season has been.

25. danceronice

I would love to see a Rob/JR final two. (Not JUST for the look on Derek's face.) The novelty factor of two men being the finals would be great.

Rob apparently got all the 'normal' genes in his family or something. He seems to be sincerely trying and enjoying himself. JR's got the best combination of technique and entertainment value. Ricki makes me wonder if Derek coaches his partners on what to say to try and sound either pity-worthy or unconvincingly self-effacing.

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  26. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

JR for the win but Rob has greatly improved.

27. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

most of the polls I have seen show JR way in the lead (before the injury). Here's hoping that it continues! He is such a natural talent, I wonder what he would have been like if his mama had put him on skates when he was little! Better yet, put him on "Skating With the Stars" - I'm sure he'd do great!

28. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

Rob can't win he has a big Kardashian butt!

JR for the win, but I will warn you ... I am always wrong about who wins this thing.:eek:

29. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Agree here, partially because I'm also getting sick of Ricki and her "humility". Case in point: "It's a MIRACLE I'm still on DWTS!!!"
    Yeah, right honey, you've either been in the lead or near it from the start. It still comes off to me as "I know JR is a war hero, but don't forget about MEEEEEE!!!!" http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20545886,00.html

I could personally do without most of the Kardashian clan, but Rob has worked hard, been pretty low key, and he earned his spot. I think it would be fun to have a JR/Rob final.

30. danceronice

Rob is not the greatest dancer I've ever seen on the show (not even in the top five) but he seems to try hard and he seems like a generally nice guy. I have never seen the Kardashians' show so I don't know what he's like there, but he seems normal compared to the rest of them.