Dancing With The Stars, Week 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

That said, someone occasionally surprises. (Apolo).

Chaz's message has been sent, and received.
    It should be time for him to go; but, Cher's fanbase is huge.
    They will probably keep him in.

2. WindSpirit

WindSpirit OmnipresentAdmeanistrator

Who cares about Nancy Grace? It's all about Tristan. And his chest hair. :swoon:

Bye Chynna. I think people didn't like the fact that she was so overscored more than that she screwed up so badly. If she got poor marks, I bet more people would have voted for her out of pity. So I think the judges hurt her more than helped her.

I was hoping it would be Rob's time to go, though. BTW, Bruce Jenner looks like a different person. Again. A few more cycles and maybe he's going to get his original face back. His family must miss him, they haven't seen him in decades.

As much as I enjoy watching Derek, his sister, not so much. She did all the moves but I was waiting for her to start dancing and she never did. I can't remember the last time I felt such disconnect between what someone was doing and what they were supposed to be doing.

Carson's reaction to not going home was sweet.

Chaz is out of his element. I wonder what difference would it make if he wasn't so fat.

3. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Thank God I was just LIFTING the mug of hot coffee when I read that and hadn't actually taken a sip. I have a lecture to give this afternoon; I can't short out the laptop with the power point on it with spewed coffee.

Though one of the 'hidden gems' this week was apparently Jenner lip-syncing along with Tom's teleprompter and I couldn't recognize him the picture, so you may actually have a point...

Given some of the aside comments from some of these photo bloggers, I somehow think Nancy is staying less on the strenght of her show viewers and people who hate Casey Anthony (not that there isn't a gigantic overlap in THAT Venn diagram) than on the strength of people who want Tristan and his chest hair to stick around another week. (When I mentioned I was voting for Nancy or rather for Tristan, my new pro actually said "Ooooh" like that and I had to explain, no, no, just good old fashioned ballroom nepotism.)

4. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I skimmed the dance and results shows on my DVR. Looks like Derek can do no wrong. They really should rename this show "Dancing with the Houghs."

Maybe - ala MK - Derek will win so many times that they'll rename the Mirrorball Trophy the Derek Hough Mirrorball Trophy. :lol:

As for Chaz, I can't get worked up about it. Every season there is always some awful dancer who overstays his/her welcome because of a crazy fanbase that wants to make a point. It infuriated me when Bristol Palin was around, but now I'm just resigned to it. Whatever.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

lots of people here voted for bristol because they liked her in spite of her mother, not because of her

every lady in my office is voting for chaz. i can assure you none of them is doing it to make a point. they just really like chaz as a person.

6. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Even though he's still a very large guy, he looks like he has lost quite a bit of weight around his middle. You can see it if you compare last night's episode to the first episode. The first episode is also the only episode where he danced and was not bad. It was kind of surprising--a lot of us were all for him at that point. I went back and checked the thread. :p

So while I agree that his weight is probably an issue on the faster dances, I don't think it's entirely or even mostly because of his weight. Unlike the other stars, he doesn't seem to enjoy being there AT ALL. He seemed disappointed that he wasn't in the bottom and was the only one in the package last night who didn't make some comment to the effect of as hard as it is, it's worth it and I'm glad I did it. Chaz seems so defeated, and that IMO is a bigger issue than his weight.

7. love skating

love skating Clueless American

I didn't mind Kristen leaving last week since I didn't care for her, but I loved Chynna. :(

8. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

On the way to work this morning, the radio station I was listening to mentioned, "our two favorites were safe last night, Carson and Chaz," in a way as though she was speaking for the whole listening area, like the general consensus of who likes who based on people that have called in to talk about the show.

9. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Yes, but even though she wasn't that great, she could still dance circles around Chaz. :blah:

10. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

:EVILLE:
    OOH, let's have DWTS do that and just like with the USFS Michelle Kwan Trophy he would never be allowed to win it again!!!!! :EVILLE:

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I get the impression he wanted to do the show to make a point, but planned on leaving early on. I agree that he's not invested in staying on the show.

12. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

But the USFS didn't remove MK's eligibility for the award until she had won it 7 times. Could you really stand Derek winning another 4 times?!? :p

13. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Watching some of the people who, to me, look like thirty-somethings, but are actually in their 40's, I wonder how much of this is the physical toll this is taking, and how much pain and discomfort they are in.

14. skatesindreams

I wish that his "supporters" would realize that; and send/allow him to go home.
    The point he was trying to make could be lost, if he becomes a "joke".

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I think he made his point: has anyone, anywhere, not called him a "he" since day one? He's a he, he dances as a he, we all view him as such....but he's not fun to watch dance!

Bristol was nice, tried hard, and like Nancy seemed to actually learn to dance (not do showy stuff, but dance well, which which was down to Mark teaching well.) Kyle didn't have Jennifer Grey's technique, he wasn't getting votes for being hot, but he was good and he was joyful. EVERYONE left besides Chaz is a better dancer except possibly Carson, and Carson just brings sheer delight. He's like a kid who can't believe he's at Disney World and having a great time.

16. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Too late. :scream:

17. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I spotted SYTYCDancer Kayla Radomski, Tucker Barkley (SYTYCD Canada choreographer), and SYTYCD green miler Paula Van Oppen in the Footloose number. I guess Kayla got some work on the film, and Allison Holker and Comfort Fedoke made the credits.

18. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

But then you need to contrast that with Kirstie Alley, who was overweight and 60. After seeing what she accomplished, I have little sympathy for the "stars" in their 40s. I'm pretty sure my mom could do at least as well as Carson, and she's 61 and pleasantly plump.

19. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

It takes a physical toll on everyone, even people like Evan, who was in prime Olympic condition.

Kirstie Alley may have been overweight, but by the time she came on the show she was no longer obese. She'd also been adhering to a consistent work out routine for more than a year. Maks still joked that she almost passed out at their first rehearsal.

Chaz isn't fat, he's huge. Like nearly 300 pounds huge. I think the only part of a gym he sees is the juice bar.

20. rfisher

Poor Chaz. He was doomed from the start. Mother is Cher who he couldn't compete with as a girl, father was a US Congressman and his brother Elijah is hot in ways Chaz will never be. He's also musically talented.

21. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

On Monday night Cher looked like a drag queen, so Chaz can't even keep up in the GLBT sweepstakes.

What I admire most about Elijah is that he maintains a very private, low profile life. Does he still play in Cher's band? He dispels Chaz's bogus assertion that everything he does is public. It's public because he makes it public.

22. rfisher

According to his wiki page, no, he's not playing in Cher's band. He's working solo and living in Germany.

23. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:shuffle: I didn't even know Cher had another child!

24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Elijah Blue is her son with Gregg Allman.

25. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Chaz's medical transformation is pretty boring in comparison to JR's. Choosing to ingest male hormones and growing a beard as a result? Not interesting. Undergoing three years of skin grafts after a landmine attack in Iraq? Intriguing.

If some people are voting based on the the contestant's perceived courage, JR should get those votes.

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

27. rfisher

DWTS ratings have really dropped this season. Apparently, most people are complaining about the lack of any celebrity to really care about or get behind. Or that can actually dance. Apart from Carson, who is at least funny, and JR who can dance, I don't care about any of the *stars.* I vote for the pros I like.

28. my little pony

i agree with you both and if we were in season 1 she might have a point

but unless she never watched the show, she should be aware of all of this by now

29. skatesindreams

Doubtful.
    I guess her fanbase wasn't as big as she thought!

30. my little pony

this is the most exposure she has had in years which is probably the real reason she was on it