Dancing with the Stars, Season 17

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DaveRocks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

We have another hour before we can watch. :(

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

im watching. this season doesnt inspire snark in me. although jack still has the posture of a toddler.

3. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I got a late start tonight, just watched Leah's dance. Did anyone else notice that they used the original Katy Perry song and not the craptastic singers? I've noticed a few other songs this season, particularly the ones that are on the radio today (Blurred Lines, Applause, etc), they've just used the original instead. Anyone else notice this or know why they are doing this? [NOT complaining though..]

4. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Omg...I loved Elizabeth! Jesse Spano lives!!

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Is there a reason all the dancers looked so grim at the end? I turned on the TV just as it was ending, to watch Castle, and I swear I thought they were all at a funeral.

7. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I think they were in shock over the star that was eliminated.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity, who was eliminated?

9. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Christina Millian, who was the first to get a 10, and was atop the judge's leaderboard tonight.

I'm not really surprised, when they mentioned the lowest vote-getter last week was female, I thought it was either her or Leah. Throughout the season thusfar I've continually forgotten about her, and it took me 3 weeks to learn her name. She's a good dancer but completely forgettable. Except for the neon boob tassels.

10. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Mark was pissed. Real pissed. I don't know what Christina's fan base is but they obviously didn't vote.

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice they had the phone numbers wrong when they put that list up at the end of the show? I know at least 2 numbers were wrong, because Bill & Emma's was wrong, which means someone elses was too.

12. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

I wonder if people didn't vote for "Mark" because of what Julianne said. (I don't vote, but it sounds like some people vote to keep the pros they like too?)

13. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I hadn't noticed the numbers on the screen as they showed the couples but Tom said there was a "small technical glitch" and they put the full list up on the screen at the very end. What I noticed about it was that it still included the number for Mark & Christina (it was in order by scores from last night).

14. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Tony is way more popular with fans than Mark, or at least it seems to me based on what I've seen online and heard in conversations with casual viewers. I expect that since the stars didn't have huge legions of fans to carry them through, the pros' voters were the ones who decided the outcome.

15. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

I think Christina Milan was just too much of "who????" for most fans, and her dance last week didn't help. And good for Julianne for calling Mark what he really is, a self-centered egotist who frequently choreographs dances that show him off more than his partners.

I enjoyed Mark in his early DWTS days, especially those with Kristi, but his head has really swelled with his success and was overdue for a bitch slap. It says a lot about the pro when he just stands there and majorly fumes after a loss instead of sucking it up and being a decent sport.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Christina talked a lot about being a singer and performer, but I knew her only as the somewhat annoying social media girl on The Voice. My guess is that is how most viewers know her, if at all.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The result really proves how important it is to have a "fan base"; and to make people want to vote.

18. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I had (and still have) no real idea who she is.

19. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

It's turned into a very odd season, after starting off with such a blast. So many of them have major issues to deal with, health, religion, a parent who died, etc. I don't have a favourite. I like Bill E. for his laid back approach and I hope Amber sticks around for a while as I find it interesting to see how Derek is bringing out the best in her. I'm liking Snooki more than I thought I would.

20. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I saw Mark and Christina on both GMA and The View today. Both times Mark wore a knit cap on his head. Very ghetto.

21. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

I think Snooki is going to completely turn her image around on this show. She is doing great, who would have thunk it??? Let's face it, we expected her to either crash and burn or like the "Situation," just be pretty bad as a dancer. Good for NICOLE!!!

22. TalentedButHumble

TalentedButHumble Well-Known Member

Chris Colfer from Glee tweeted this last night. “My cell phone number is 1-800-868-3407.” (Amber’s vote #.) LOL I like how he was screwing with his (obsessed, obsessive) fans for the good of Amber’s cause.

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's funny that I didn't even realize that she's not been on the Voice. (Or does she usually show up in the later rounds?) I remember her for singing some song about time or a clock.

24. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

She shows up for the live shows, and they aren't there yet. If she has fans from The Voice, they are probably watching The Voice on Mondays.

25. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

Missed the show (work). Where there any good dances to catch on you-tube?

26. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Corbin was AMAZING! But I'm not surprised. Those Disney kids go to boot camp to sing, dance and act. He sure has grown up from HSM days :)

27. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Oh hell - if Christina's off DWTS does that mean that she'll be back to wrecking The Voice with inane comments? :scream:

28. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

According to this from last summer - no.

29. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I never did know what Christina's claim to fame was and was not surprised she didn't have the fan votes to stay on.
    Did they say or do anything interesting in The View / GMA interviews?
    Kind of nice to see Len back. Does it seem they have told the judges this season to be more "Positive" in their critiques?

30. DaveRocks

DaveRocks Well-Known Member

I used to like Mark a lot. Now, not so much. Blech. He needs a swift kick in the ass. Julianne Hough's comment certainly hit the nail on the head! And Mark really, really didn't like that! :lol:

Brant is just adorable. Yeah, he may not last much longer, but I like him on this show.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.