Dancing with the Stars, Season 17

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DaveRocks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ita julianne was a good judge. i'd like to see julianne and len judge w/o the other 2.

i loved having rhoda on this season. i'm glad she is leaving before they start 2 dances a week.

2. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Agree! Agree! Sameness of scores was really blandifying (new word). Julianne was a good judge in terms of content but she really did deteriorate into Valley girl speak near the end. Every other word was "like". And before somebody jumps up and calls me Grandma, yes, I know it dates me but language is special and I admire those who can use it well.

3. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Can the producers pretty please give Tristan a ringer next season! Or at least someone who is under the age of 40 so he can be on the show longer!! No offense to Valerie, Nancy, Pamela, Gladys, but come on! He has been on five seasons now! He deserves a younger partner. That new guy got Snooki who, like her or not, can dance well and will likely be in the Top 4 (and has a big enough fan base to maybe win). Tristan has put in his time. He deserves a bigger shot at the title!

:soapbox:

4. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Totally agree! The same thing happened to Karina in the beginning. I think her worst partner was the hip hop guy who refused to wear dance shoes and was quite rude to her.

5. my little pony

do you mean master p? his partner was ashly

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Karina's worst partners were Billy Ray Cyrus and probably Steve Wozniak. I think. She's had good partners overall.

Tony and Jonathan had the older lady partners most of the time before Tristan filled the role.

7. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

I think you're right. My memory is off here. I do remember cringing for her. He kept on talking about how he was doing it for the brothers in the hood until Tom cut him off. The only one worse was Kate Gosselin dragging poor Tony down. And now that I've said that somebody will find worse ones!

8. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Tristan is the New Tony--hand him the elderly, ailing, and space cases, apparently.

9. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I didn't feel sorry for her at all. She pouted and threw him under the bus before there was a list of people wanting be on the show and while the show was grasping for demographics. He came in as a last minute sub for his son, who was reported injured and danced very well on a later season, and he could/would only practice very few hours a week. Instead of saying, "Hey, he was great to sub in at the last minute, but didn't and still doesn't have the time to put in, and this is what you can do in six hours a week [or whatever ridiculously low number it was that the producers should never have allowed unless they gave him a seasoned pro]" her attitude was "poor me."

If Karina had done that, Louis van Amstel would have slapped her across the head and told her to be professional.

10. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

The Bachelorette, Trista, was shocked--shocked, I tell you!!-- that ballroom dancing involves touching a man who's not her husband. Apparently she did not notice that her partner, Louis, was more likely to be interested in her husband than her. She was actually kicked off before Master P, which speaks volumes.

11. my little pony

master p and ashly reminded me of that part in frankenstein where he hurls the little girl in the lake

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yes she was, because she was in Season 1 and Master P was in Season 2.

13. heckles

Yes, he did have a rather Herman Munster quality about him. I recall he said he planned to give it "150 percent." Guess that did not happen.

14. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Louis was really butch during season 1. When Len criticized one of Trista & Louis's dances for not having any sexual chemistry, Louis looked at Trista and openly declared, "For the record, I felt the heat between us." :lol: Unless Trista assumed that Louis was gay because he was a dancer, or Louis was openly lusting after her husband, I doubt that Trista knew that he was gay back then.

15. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

Best comment of the night: Julianne saying 'I used to dance with Mark and you have to stand in front of him to be seen'. And then the look on Mark's face .. he was not pleased. :rofl::rofl:

16. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Well I guessed the exact same scores - it seemed pretty obvious to me.. if they were really, really good they got 9's.. quite good 8's etc., they do submit their scores prior to them being announced - so the paddle is a few minutes later so not like they can change their score?? I agree about Julianne - I thought she was good too.. part of me is glad that Valerie has gone because it seemed like such an effort for her to do the dances - better that she is sitting in the audience enjoying the 'party' with everyone.. Looks like Bill Nye was also enjoying the evening as an observer too

17. BaileyCatts

:rofl: I rewatched the show so my mom could see it, and I was going to come here and post that exact same thing, and here you done already said it!

18. heckles

Correct, she was the first contestant ever sent home in the series. In Season 2, Master P somehow managed to survive until the fourth elimination.

19. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

And he may be the worst dancer they've ever had! :dog:

20. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

He didn't work very hard, but I think Kenny Mayne was far worse. I think I would have eliminated him second to Kenny Mayne.

I also found Monica Seles, Macy Gray, Kate Gosselin and a few others far more painful to watch than Master P.

21. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

The best reaction was George Hamilton, who kept using Master P's lines for himself with comments about doing it for the people in the hood and campaigning in nursing homes, etc.

Ashly was in a tough spot that she should have never been in on the show. She had no way to make him rehearse more and he got more publicity for doing poorly and acting like a jerk than he would have for having done his best.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I've met Tristan a few times and he's a class act.

He's not like some of others who hit the clubs in Hollywood all the time and will go to the opening of an envelope out here.

23. heckles

Mayne was pretty bad, but he seemed to try to learn to dance, and there were a few good moves in there. Master P just seemed to not care at all, and he did nothing interesting.

24. BaileyCatts

Speaking of Kenny, was there ever a DanceCenter spot on the last season this past spring time?

25. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I didn't see one.

26. danceronice

Maybe if she's blind. (Believe me, everyone has always known. He's never kept it particularly secret.) I think he just plays it up more for TV now that he knows it's more a bonus for the average viewer than a turnoff. It's never affected his ability to play to a female partner. I think Trista was more likely trying to keep up HER persona...too bad that plays more as "How stupid are you?" than "Aww, she's so naive."

27. danceronice

Hey, Mark, if the Cuban heels fit...

We worked for the same studio in Boston so I knew him pretty well back 'when.' He really is a sweetie just like on the show. SO CAN YOU MAYBE GIVE HIM A DECENT PARTNER PRODUCERS AND STOP GIVING HIM THE ONES YOU'D HAVE STUCK POOR JONATHAN WITH? (Also I'm still moderately peeved they gave him Miss Gladys Knight and didn't arrange things sot hey could dance to "License to Kill." COME ON SHOW...)

28. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

October 14........they start off the show by saying that a woman got the lowest viewer votes last Monday. How is that for building confidence?

29. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Best line of the night was Leah to Tony........."So you want Corbin to choreograph our contemporary dance!"

30. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

With only two more couples to dance I have to ask. Am I the only one watching or the only one posting?