Dancing with the Stars, Season 17

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DaveRocks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Well, I'm gonna vote for Bill Engvall for now because I like him. The best dancers usually weed themselves up into the top 5 or so anyway, so I just vote my favorites at the beginning. :)

2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

This is the first season in awhile that I've actually been interested in keeping up with. The cast is great! And I will vote for Bill Nye all the way. Gosh, now I miss his show.

Was pleasantly surprised by Nicole, and impressed by Brant, Amber and Corbin. This is going to be a good season.

3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Only Sharon was crying. Sitting next to her was a wax figure of Ozzy. :yikes:

4. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Good Lord.... Amber's dress:scream:

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

athlete whose name i cant be arsed to learn was worse than last wk

6. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Steven Tyler in the house:D

7. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Does anyone know which dance choreography that Derek won the Emmy for?

Good for Len tonight agreeing that Bill (the comedian) is double the age of some of them out there and he is giving it a shot.

I wonder why nothing much that I can recall has been mentioned about Snookie/Nicole being a competitive gymnast and a high school cheerleader? Not the same as Ballroom but it does help. What did you think of her attitude when getting her scores and comments?

8. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

So Julianne will be judging her brother?

9. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I am sure she won't give him a tongue bath any worse than the other judges.

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I wasn't watching. Why is she becoming a judge? Is she filling in for Carrie Ann?

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

I loved the segment of Tristan & Valerie when he was sitting on the floor watching her dance and saying he was in awe of her. She looked great in that paso dress and really gave it her all. I'm happy to see her back next week.

12. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

I didn't like her as much this week, found her attitude to be snotty..

yep that should be fun :)

Len is going to be in GB for a bit doing his other dancing show so there will be guest judges for a few weeks including Julianne

Yes that brought a tear to my eye.. I'm glad she is going to be back too - hope she dances better though

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

shoot me, i accidentally gave 1 vote to snooki

14. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Well she is a good dancer PLUS you don't have to worry about getting her death stare.

15. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I love Bill Engvall and he's getting my votes. No, he's not going to win, but I'm hoping he'll at least make it to the midway point or better.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  16. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I believe it was for two dances with Shawn Johnson, the quickstep and mambo, and the dance with Jaimie Goodwin.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

She certainly looked quite frail. I wonder how long she'll be able to last. Hopefully, a few weeks and she can go out on a high note. She doesn't look as if she can go the distance. What a gutsy lady.

18. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

:lol:
    I have a similar thing with Mark Ballas and partner. She doesn't register with me.

19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

That Valerie is!

I was surprised by Keyshawn's exit. I assumed that the "football player fans" would keep him in for a few weeks.
    He talked about how much hard work went into dancing, on GMA.

20. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

When I saw how awful his dancing was last night (after an equally bad performance the week before), I was hoping that the judges wouldn't try to prop him up. I assume that the "football player fans" were similarly unimpressed with his dancing -- there have been several very good dancers among the footballers and some at least middle-of-the-pack ones, but Keyshawn's dancing rivaled that of "World Peace" among the previous athletes on the show.

Keyshawn was the only one who I actually hoped would leave first. There are a couple others about whom I am not really enthusiastic, but was glad that they stayed on for a week longer than Keyshawn. I hope Valerie's health/strength holds up and that her knee improves. I noticed that Val seemed visibly nervous when he and Elizabeth were still among those not announced as "safe" well past half of the group.

21. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Keyshawn jumped around too much in his career, so he wouldn't get the 'core fan of the team' votes like Emmitt and Hines did. Plus, he wasn't a humble player, so he didn't have the casual fan goodwill going for him.

22. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

I certainly admire her both in ability and determination. My guess is that she will continue for a few weeks and then bow out of the competition. I don't think she is the type who would want someone going home before her who was doing well and had a chance at winning. I also don't think she is the type who would want to stay safe each week based on her story and challenges rather than her performance.

23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yes definitely not the beloved player. Kind of a brat for a lot of his career. And his superbowl was a while back. Not to mention that his dancing wasn't so great.

24. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm so proud of Valerie going after her dream. I don't know how long she'll be able to continue. I feel she'll continue as long as she can, and it just makes my admiration for her even stronger.

25. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Since I don't follow the NFL very much, I was unaware of these facts, but he didn't have a really engaging personality displayed on DWTS. I was actually pleasantly surprised at how nice he was in talking about Sharna after he had been eliminated.

Rob, you are much, much too kind.

26. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

If only.

I think he's more than giving it a shot: I think he was, again, under-rated. It is not easy to get those sharp contrasts between full out and dead stop.

I didn't think anyone could pry a vote from Bill Nye out of my hands, but Bill E. got all of my votes last night.

I think Tom Bergeron called it returning to the mother ship.

I don't even remember what she does.

27. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

28. halffull

halffull halffull kind of day

29. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

POP DAT TANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

The only thing I remember about Mark and WhatsHerName's dance is that whenever I hear that song they danced to, all I can see is those chubby little rats getting a shape-up makeover from the Kia commercials. :lol: