Dancing with the Stars, Season 17

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by DaveRocks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Omg, Amber rocks that song. Like that better than original.

2. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

OK, for next season, I want Gleb, Tristan and Val to get ringers, Marc and Derek to get the older ladies as someone else suggested. I am a Derek fan but I do want to see the others now. Is it 5 times he's won now?

3. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I'm perfectly content with Gleb staying in the troupe. It suits him much better. I want to see Henry become a pro. I love Derek, but I want to see him sit out next season. Let him rev up his creative juices. A ringer didn't do Mark much good this season, so he can stay and get whoever he gets. Maybe it will be someone without apparent dancing skills that he can develop. Tristan deserves a ringer. As for Val, he made the finals with Kelly followed by ringers in Zendaya and Elizabeth, so he can get whoever he gets. He's hardly been stiffed. I hope Sasha gets another try at being a pro. He did great with Snooki. I hope Sharna gets a ringer. She is the one who truly deserves it and Emma too. Both such amazing dancers and creative teachers/choreographers.

4. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

I'd like to see Derek get "the older woman", because I actually think he could even win then. Ok, maybe not a Cloris, but a Jane Seymour, for example. I'm not the hugest fan of his persona, but I think his work with his partners and choreography on this show are brilliant. I would love to see what he would do with someone less of a ringer, not to see him lose, but because of the possibility that he might just not.

5. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

Jennifer Grey was 50 when he partnered her and had a fair amount of physical issues (not to mention the psychological ones). She wasn't a dancer. She was an actress who did some dancing in a movie. She hadn't danced since. So Derek has partnered an older woman. Ricki Lake was also over 40 and overweight. Also, not a dancer. Yes, Derek has had an embarrassment of riches with the likes of Nicole Scherzinger and Kellie Pickler, but he's also had some partners he's made great. Amber Riley may be on a musical show, but she's hardly a svelte beauty. Still, Derek got her a mirror ball. He's gifted.

6. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I love the story of how the song came to be, though. They planned to make a stupid song that would bomb, as promotion for their talk show in Norway. Suddenly it became a huge youtube sensation (when the meant to entertain just the Norwegians who watch their show). Their plan failed spectacularly and now they have this whole craziness around them and the song.

No surprise that Amber won. In the end I was rooting for Jack, even though there was no way he would win. I much preferred Corbin's dancing to Amber's, but ah well. What do I know - my favourite of the whole season was Snooki.

7. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Let see if Derek can win with someone like a Wyonna Judd or a Kate Gosslin for a partner :p . He is an outstanding choreographer though. I'm sure he'll be hired to do choreography for award shows and more.

8. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Seeing as how I am turning 53 years old this Monday, I don't view 40 or 50 as old. :drama: In a few short years, I won't see Jane Seymour as older when she was on either. :lol: