Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Lisa has done some TV acting before, so to me she is no more or less qualifed than some of the other 'celebrities' they get.

2. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Anna tweeted awhile back that she wasn't going to be on this season. :(But I looked for it and can't seem to find her tweet again. Maybe she had to take it down? Or I skimmed past it.

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It would be hard to be less qualified as a "celebrity" than some of the people they've had on the show. :lol:

4. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Where is Edyta Sliwinska?

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

They probably also have to have a Disney contestant because ABC and Disney are in the same TV ownership group :p

Does Wynonna still have much of a fan base? She had some great albums back in the day, but lately she seems to be more famous for getting divorced and remarried, and for promoting different kinds of weight loss schemes.

6. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I will admit to watching RHOBH just for Lisa. The woman is fabulous, loves sparkle and pink, and is a freaking hoot to watch. Incredibly rich, very hard working, and her sense of humor is snarky - she'd fit right in here. :lol:

So, I guess I'm in this season too. :shuffle: But, I will be annoyed if 'Disney ringer' makes it far. :p

7. Norlite

Norlite Well-Known Member

She did have a large group of fans at the reveal this morning. Andy Dick made a comment about a group screaming her name and no one was screaming Dick.

8. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

She hasn't been on since Season 10.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If that's an example of what we can expect from him; I hope he departs quickly.

10. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Reality Steve is saying that Sean is doing DWTS, but they are waiting until after his finale to announce it. And Steve guesses that his partner is Peta. I forgot that Peta is missing. I thought that she was pretty popular, plus Maks is not doing it.

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And yet again Andy Dick shows why his career has faded away.....

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

That wouldn't be a surprise.

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i cant see andy dick training hard 6 hours every day or whatever the schedule is. he's more suited for the dr kevorkian i mean dr drew house.

14. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

She left to finish her education and try for a family with hubby Alec Mazo.

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Article about Maks not returning, it also discusses what some former pros are doing now

I didn't know that about Alec, good for him!

16. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Alec and Edyta still do shows together at competitions (most NDCA comps will get some pro couple or other, competing or retired, to do a show for the Saturday evening session.) They were at Harvest Moon, though I didn't stay for evening.

Considering the show's had a Kardashian and someone from Jersey Shore, I cannot see why they'd have ever said they wouldn't have a Real Housewife on. If anything that's a step up.

17. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Sean is doing it, according to my sources.

I love Lisa Vanderpump. I interview her all the time -- we chatted just last week. She oozes glamor but is really likeable. She's a core member of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and her spin-off "Vanderpump Rules" just wrapped.

I interviewed Zendaya probably two years ago when she was really young. She's a beautiful girl, but just 16. She's really popular with the younger set, and her costar Roshon (also a nice kid) made it pretty far.

The show has had two Kardashians btw: Kim and Rob.

I'm really lucky because Louis has taught dance at my gym.

18. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

Before there has even been any dancing I am hoping Andy Dick goes first. He usually lives up to his name...:scream:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  19. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I am thrilled that Dorothy is on this season! 2 Olympic gold medalists on one show should make this good! Maybe Kristi and Evan can give Dot some pointers!

20. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Can Peggy be next? :)

Thrilled for DH, but this cast as a whole is not going to get the show's ratings back up again. I think DWTS is a bit too long in the tooth for that.

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I am curious to see what Aly can do. She'll probably rock the jive, but posture/dance are not her strengths in her gymnastics.
    She is doing really well though with the endorsements and now this. Funny, after 2011 Worlds, most of us (in the gym thread) thought she was crazy to go pro, she probably wouldn't make the Olympic team, if she did, she'd get dinged for form and not get any individual medals, and she'd miss out on NCAA. Boy were we wrong. She looks beautiful in her Pandora ad, which is plastered all over the malls in this area.

22. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I think she's lucky that she got Mark as her partner. As irritating as he might be sometimes, you can't deny he's a good teacher. Anyone that can teach Bristol Palin to dance, and dance with very good technique, is a good partner to have. I think he was wonderful with Shawn as well (even if he got too spastic with her in some dances) and gave her the foundation to do so well in All Stars last season. I'll be rooting for Aly to do well along with Dorothy.

23. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

maybe Michelle next.

24. heckles

heckles Banned Member

I sure hope he doesn't start to "feel rapey" for female cast members as he did on Celebrity Rehab, or yank down yet another female's shirt. Don't know why they hired this clown.

25. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Mark really impressed me with Bristol--he got basically a normal person off the street (ie most like a real dance student) and TAUGHT her, instead of "teaching" her to do tricks to look flashy. If he's got a partner who's at all willing to learn, they'll learn!

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  26. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I was just watching America's Funniest Video's.......a stall tactic to keep from fooling with my income taxes.......and host Tom Bergeron introduces "my good friend, Andy Dick". Hmmmmm......

27. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I read that Dorothy was surprised to be older than the other contestants. I thought Lisa V. was around her age or maybe just a few years younger. Dorothy looked great in the introductions and I hope she can get through it all without seriously aggravating any arthritis or injuries.

28. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

Has Aly done better with endorsements than Gabby Douglas? I just seem to see more with Aly.

29. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I think so --at least for products I notice. There is a Pandora in the mall near my office so I see her ads for that around here. I also have seen her in Poland Springs water print ads. And now DWTS. Maybe Gabby is in shows or ads for things that appeal mostly to the young folk so I don't notice them.