Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it worked for TV, I was interested for about 30 seconds.

2. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Sean is the third one in jeopardy.

3. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine that Jacoby or Kellie would go home before him. :scream:

4. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

They better not.

Come on voters, get it right please!!!

5. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Kelli & Derek are safe. Not necessarily the bottom two... going home is Sean.

6. shan

shan Well-Known Member

So if Jacoby and Karina weren't really in the bottom 2, then which couple was? Ingo?

Goodbye Sean!!! :cheer2:

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

now maybe his fiancee will get more than 5 minutes alone with him and run screaming

8. Lilia A

YES!! :cheer2:

9. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Shall we take a moment of silence to reflect on this?

10. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

I thought it was really cool. :lol:

11. my little pony

i was so excited to see jamie goodwin on my tv, they could have done cartwheels and i would think it was great

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Glad that Sean is gone.
    I doubt that either Kellie or Jacoby were in the bottom two.

13. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

I saw Sean and Peta on GMA today. Peta will choreograph the couples first dance at the wedding. She is thinking a Viennese waltz. Peta spoke quite a bit about what a natural dancer Catherine is....nothing about Sean's dancing ability.;)

14. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

^^Does that mean Catherine will be in the next DWTS?- Anyway, I'm glad to see the last of Sean. Aside from poor dancing, he was trying too hard to be funny and it was getting stale.
    Now the next person who has to go, in my opinion, is Jacoby's mother! The first two times she took on Len were funny; now I wish she'd shut up and let Len say what he wants to say. Boo afterwards, if you must, but let's hear it first. It's bullying and I wonder if Len's losing it with Kellie/Derek was partially due to that. It could have been a scripted meltdown, I don't know. Sure made for interesting tv! I liked Val's calm, measured response to the whole thing.
    I am liking Val more and more this season. His first appearance with Kelly M. last season (the fake romance) was nauseating (to me) and left me completely disinterested in him. This time, he seems more genuine, more thoughtful about the choreo and very respectful of his young partner but never patronizing. Very refreshing!

15. my little pony

i'd get rid of jacoby just to get rid of his mom. she needs to sit down and shut up.

16. skatesindreams

I wonder what Jacoby's mother will do if he doesn't win; or fails to at least make the finale?

17. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

oh good, i'm not the only one tired of mom

18. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

The first time it seemed more spontaneous. Now, the camera keeps going over to her. Enough.
    I wonder if each season there will be a "Mom" or someone in the audience who wants the same kind of attention and camera time.
    The camera also always flies over to Shawn's fiancée when it's his turn. Enough of that too. Glad he is done and not sure what the 2 ladies shaking their behinds together had to do with showcasing his dance.

I still wonder if Wynonna would have lasted a bit longer if she'd had slower style ballroom at the start. I mean, a quickstep right off the bat for her?
    Zendaya and the 2 guys were wonderful. I am surprised more isn't made of her training in dance. Not sure what to make of Aly and Mark's dance last week where she was crawling on the floor making faces. Mark had a sore back, yet they had to come out and redo the dance on elimination night.

19. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Since they were given hip-hop, her style, for next week, I bet it will come up. (I suspect it also helps that she's been very gracious about taking criticism, hasn't whined about how HARRRRRRRRRD this is, and generally not tried to act like she's a complete n00b.)

Meanwhile some of the others..."Afro Jazz"? Really?

20. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

^^This!!! I love him this year. He seems more professional and is really appropriate with his treatment of Zendaya. They are amazing together.

21. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

His first season wasn't last season. He did two seasons before that. I loved him with Sherri Shepherd. He treated her with so much respect. They were charming together.

I enjoyed when he said to Gleb, "Not too sexy. This is age appropriate." Then, of course, both of them had their shirts open. So much for age appropriate.

22. skatesindreams

Joining the praise for Val.
    He's a terrific dancer; and has been great with Zendaya.

23. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for Zendaya and Val to win this season. Not only because they're very good, but because I can't handle Derek winning again. Plus, it'll give Val bragging rights over Maks. :EVILLE:

24. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Tonight is the fan voted dances. I only remember that Zendaya got hip-hop and Aly will be doing Afro Jazz ....whatever that is.

25. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

There's a rumor going on TWoP that Mark's definition of AfroJazz involves jungles and monkeys. I really, really, really hope this is a rumor because if not, this could rival Domnina and Shabalin's obtuse offensiveness.

26. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

The 10s are sure coming fast and furious

27. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Kelly really looked like Derek's prop there.

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

How convenient for Zendaya that she got a dance where she already had her own teacher.

29. Lilia A

These were Twitter picked dances. She asked her fans on Twitter to vote Hip Hop. Aly asked her followers to vote Afro Jazz. I don't know if the others did the same thing (though I'm sure Karina did NOT want Hip Hop again :lol:.)

30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I wonder if they need a visit from Linichuk to tell them to tone it down.