Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What did Len say that was so :wideeyes: ?

Aly was :yikes: in that jive. That jive was missing something. She looked like she was marching in place.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  2. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

there was mention of a thumb up something

3. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

I think Derek is always trying to push the envelope and Len is not always a fan. What is it with these gymnast, they start out slowish and then pick up speed. Ali was good tonight. Hope Sean goes this week and then Ingo. The final four can fight it out, that should be good.

4. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

Here's how they're doing percentage wise based on judges scores only (aka 50% of total) :
    Zendaya: 18.65%
    Aly: 18.01%
    Kellie: 17.68%
    Jacoby: 16.72%
    Ingo: 15.43%
    Sean: 13.50%

So 2% separate Ingo and Sean. Hopefully the viewers' votes will keep it that way or push Sean even further down. It doesn't matter really, I just would like him to go home.

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I had the rank tonight as:
    Zendaya
    Kellie
    Aly
    Jacoby
    Ingo
    Sean

6. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

When Donald Driver was on I really felt the Green Bay Packers love. I'm not getting the Baltimore Ravens love for Jacoby. Am I missing something? Are Ravens fans power voting for him?

7. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 Well-Known Member

He's not my favorite, but he's been the best of the male 'stars' all season long. He's doing a respectable job and will most likely go out 4th...Most of his critiques have been fair. It's not like he's outscoring Kellie/Zendaya, and everyone who has left before him wasn't as good as him.

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Lol! That does seem to be his trademark move... :lol:

9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:lol: How the hell does he do that! From a standing position, Karina doesn't even drop her head, and he doesn't push off her shoulders, yet he leaps completely over her!

10. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

When Sean said he was too much man for Peta to manage I gagged.:rolleyes:

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I'm sure he was just kidding, but eww anyway. :scream:

12. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Agree! Maybe we could get rid of Brooke and get mlp to do the job!

13. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me! I was just hoping that mlp would invite us over to watch the finale at her house.

14. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I had a meeting last night so I missed the broadcast, but I just now threw all my online votes Ingo's way -- I didn't have to watch the performances to know that I wanted Sean gone! :lynch:

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Zendaya and Kellie are far superior; and more enjoyable to watch, than any of the other celebs. IMO.
    It's time for Sean to go.

16. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Yes they are! That's why the judging confounds me. I feel like they are pushing Aly. IMO she is at the same level as Jacoby, not as Kellie and Zendaya.

I agree that Sean needs to go. :)

17. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

At first Sean's dancing was just a big yawn. :yawn:
    But then his DWTS stint went on and on ... and on. :mad:
    Who were his supporters that continued to fawn? :confused:
    While the rest of us muttered "Sean, begone!" :lynch:

18. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I would have cautioned everyone against throwing all their votes Ingo's way...if Sean really is getting a lot of support and Ingo got an influx of votes, it's entirely possible that someone like Jacoby could dip down a bit. Stranger things have happened.

Are we due for a double elimination soon? Because we've got too many dancers and not enough episodes. They say next week is the semi-final but there will be five people dancing, not four.

19. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

There's going to be 4 people in the finale which is really stupid. There should only be 2.

The Sean supporters were voting like crazy yesterday so I'm worried that he's going to stay.

20. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

Yea, I thought so too. In fact, I thought he was making fun of himself. I find him to be immensely more likable than Sean.

21. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

They may be pushing Aly to get an all-girl final (given Kellie and Zendaya are almost foregone conclusions.)

22. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

So I've been reading this theory elsewhere and I'm curious if others are feeling the same way: was Len's hissy fit last night after Derek and Kellie's paso real or scripted? Some people are absolutely adamant that Len was following a producer's script, that his fury was planned ahead of time, and this was a scheme to siphon votes so that there would be fewer voters for the others (but mostly Sean and Ingo). So I'm not sure if he'd really come off his rocker and got so fed up he felt that last night was the time to finally tell Bruno how he felt about his constantly jumping up and flailing about if he liked a dance (said Bruno's vocal cords were in his arse!) or if this was theatre performance of the highest art.

Personally, I kind of agreed with Len and I kind of didn't. There's no doubt Derek is a fantastic choreographer and the theme he'd dreamed up was really great, but as someone else pointed out, it was literally smoke and mirrors. You couldn't see Kellie's feet. The strobe lights and bombastic music were, IMO, taking away from the actual dance. As a performance, I loved it. As a "judged" dance, it was really irritating.

23. cruisin

cruisin Banned Member

I've thought that about every dance that used smoke. It should never be allowed for competition. It doesn't matter if the competitor is one of the best or the worst, it hides the feet.

Whether Len's hissy fit was staged or spontaneous, it was out of line. Bruno can be irritating, but there was no reason to go ballistic like that.

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Ingo and Kim safe!!! Does that mean what I think it means for you know who?

Kellie and Derek in jeopardy?? :huh: Really? I somehow don't buy that.

25. Lilia A

IF they reveal the bottom 2 (they might do the "not necessarily the bottom 2" thing) I'll be surprised if Kellie and Derek are in it.

26. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Zendaya/Val safe
    Jacoby/Karina in jeopardy

I think that leaves Sean for the last team to be in jeopardy.

27. Lilia A

OMG pleeeease let Sean go home. I don't want neither Jacoby or Kellie (or Aly, but I'm sure she's safe) to go home.

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Jason Derulo! I'm not familiar with him but that was great!! :)

Did Peta just spell Sean's name S-h-e-a-n? :lol:

29. danceronice

Personally I'd say Bruno (or the producers egging him on, which is where my money is) is long overdue for a 'sit down and shut up.'

And I was in a community theater "Brigadoon" where we used a fog machine and if I were on DWTS I'd want it in my contract, NO FOG MACHINE. We spent the first verse of "Come to the Fair" or whatever that opening number was called trying not to hack on the dry ice air. Not to mention I'd want to see the edge of the floor, thnx.

30. danceronice

Also, Fred Astaire called from the other side. He says the ceiling schtick is old. Also I suspect this ONLY works as a TV number, and as far as the live audience goes....