Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Dorothy and Tristan will be my obsession. I think Wynona's fan base will keep her and Tony in a for awhile. Jacoby Jones and Karina will be contenders since Ravens fans will vote heavily and his "end zone dance" was pretty good.
  2. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

What's Disney-Girl's name?

(And Lisa VanderWho?)

Geez, Maks REALLY meant it?
  3. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Zendaya Coleman is the Disney girl. Her whole show is about kids who dance professionally on a show of some sort. Total ringer there. I only know this because my 7 year old watches her show. :eek:
  4. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

Now that little AYS the younger is grown up and off at college, I no longer have any idea who the Disney "pseudo stars" are. :lol:
  5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

They have to have a "Disney" contestant to get the "teen/tween" vote.
    It doesn't matter that most of us have never heard of her.
  6. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

It looks like a good cast this time.

I feel back for the cast members who include skaters and gymnasts, they have such more of an advantage and do very well. Kellie Pickler and Andy Dick don't stand a chance. It's more fun to watch stars who have two left feet get good over people who already have musicality and agility.
  7. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

I thought Sean from Bachelor was supposed to be one of the casts? don't see his name. I don't know many of the names.. who is Tristan?
  8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Tristan McManus is one of the pro dancers.

No Sean, no Bobby Flay, no Tiffany, no Dina Lohan.

Dorothy could be a ringer at least in the ballroom stuff. But doesn't she have bad arthritis?  
  9. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Consider yourself lucky!!
  10. skatesindreams

The "rumors" weren't very accurate this time.
    I'm happy about that, since I wouldn't have been interested in seeing any of them dance.
  11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Yeah Dorothy!!! This Gleb Savchenko guy looks pretty hot. Too bad he won't last long with one of the housewives as a partner.
  12. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

In the past, haven't the producers said that they would never cast any "Real Housewives" people? I remember reading that several times in the past when people on those shows were lobbying to get on the cast.
  13. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Well, thank someone! I would not have watched.
  14. AYS

Luck has nothing to do with it, I paid my dues!

Actually, she just told me a couple of days ago her plans for spring break are to catch up on TV, since she has no time to watch anything at school. But these tend more toward CW network (eg, Vampire Diaries) than Disney these days :lol:
  15. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

There is a video out of Chellsie Hightower talking to a paparazzi (TMZ?) and she doesn't seem happy about not being included this year.

Lacey has not been on in a long time.
  16. AYS

I don't think Chellsie is that effective as a pro. She seems to be a better dancer than coach.
  17. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I think she's still on Real Housewives, but I've seen promos for a different reality show that features her and the people who work at one of her restaurants. Maybe that's how they're distinguishing her from other "Housewives"
  18. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Lisa is pretty non-annoying for a reality star--maybe it's the British accent? :shuffle:
  19. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Where is Anna? She's always been my favorite pro!

Maks can stay gone as far as I'm concerned. And what happened to Derek saying last season he wouldn't be back? Yet, there he is.
  20. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Aren't they supposed to be announcing one more male "surprise" contestant? That may be Sean.
  21. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Lisa has done some TV acting before, so to me she is no more or less qualifed than some of the other 'celebrities' they get.
  22. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Anna tweeted awhile back that she wasn't going to be on this season. :(But I looked for it and can't seem to find her tweet again. Maybe she had to take it down? Or I skimmed past it.
  23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It would be hard to be less qualified as a "celebrity" than some of the people they've had on the show. :lol:
  24. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Where is Edyta Sliwinska?
  25. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

They probably also have to have a Disney contestant because ABC and Disney are in the same TV ownership group :p

Does Wynonna still have much of a fan base? She had some great albums back in the day, but lately she seems to be more famous for getting divorced and remarried, and for promoting different kinds of weight loss schemes.
  26. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I will admit to watching RHOBH just for Lisa. The woman is fabulous, loves sparkle and pink, and is a freaking hoot to watch. Incredibly rich, very hard working, and her sense of humor is snarky - she'd fit right in here. :lol:

So, I guess I'm in this season too. :shuffle: But, I will be annoyed if 'Disney ringer' makes it far. :p
  27. Norlite

Norlite New Member

She did have a large group of fans at the reveal this morning. Andy Dick made a comment about a group screaming her name and no one was screaming Dick.
  28. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

She hasn't been on since Season 10.
  29. skatesindreams

If that's an example of what we can expect from him; I hope he departs quickly.
  30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Reality Steve is saying that Sean is doing DWTS, but they are waiting until after his finale to announce it. And Steve guesses that his partner is Peta. I forgot that Peta is missing. I thought that she was pretty popular, plus Maks is not doing it.
  31. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And yet again Andy Dick shows why his career has faded away.....
  32. skatesindreams

That wouldn't be a surprise.
  33. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i cant see andy dick training hard 6 hours every day or whatever the schedule is. he's more suited for the dr kevorkian i mean dr drew house.
  34. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

She left to finish her education and try for a family with hubby Alec Mazo.
  35. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Article about Maks not returning, it also discusses what some former pros are doing now

I didn't know that about Alec, good for him!
  36. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Alec and Edyta still do shows together at competitions (most NDCA comps will get some pro couple or other, competing or retired, to do a show for the Saturday evening session.) They were at Harvest Moon, though I didn't stay for evening.

Considering the show's had a Kardashian and someone from Jersey Shore, I cannot see why they'd have ever said they wouldn't have a Real Housewife on. If anything that's a step up.
  37. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Sean is doing it, according to my sources.

I love Lisa Vanderpump. I interview her all the time -- we chatted just last week. She oozes glamor but is really likeable. She's a core member of "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" and her spin-off "Vanderpump Rules" just wrapped.

I interviewed Zendaya probably two years ago when she was really young. She's a beautiful girl, but just 16. She's really popular with the younger set, and her costar Roshon (also a nice kid) made it pretty far.

The show has had two Kardashians btw: Kim and Rob.

I'm really lucky because Louis has taught dance at my gym.
  38. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

Before there has even been any dancing I am hoping Andy Dick goes first. He usually lives up to his name...:scream:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  39. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I am thrilled that Dorothy is on this season! 2 Olympic gold medalists on one show should make this good! Maybe Kristi and Evan can give Dot some pointers!
  40. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Can Peggy be next? :)

Thrilled for DH, but this cast as a whole is not going to get the show's ratings back up again. I think DWTS is a bit too long in the tooth for that.