Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Zendaya was amazing! I missed Andy's score. Did the judges like him?

2. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

6-6-6 for Andy.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. nursebetty

nursebetty New Member

I just love Zendaya and Val. This was the first week I have really liked the football player (have forgotten his name). Kellie is very good, but I miss her fun personality. It's all business with her and Derek. Andy got 6's. Everyone else is a bit forgettable.

4. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Zendaya and Val were so incredible. She is a joy to watch each week. I am not sure of her fan base but she can go the whole way. Jacoby was just delightful......Baltimore Ravens fans will keep him in until the end.

5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I felt like Andy got lowballed. He tried, he really did. DL, meanwhile, just has no idea what he's doing and doesn't look pleasant doing it.

Kellie's okay but she's a bit stiff and hasn't done anything with real 'wow' factor (not counting 'jazz' as that's not real partner dancing, and it wasn't jazz, either.) Jacoby is not as good as either of them but he's certainly having fun trying. Sean was surprisingly good. Victor, Ingo, or DL could all go home now but it really ought to be DL. Someone please put him and Cheryl out of their misery.

6. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

I want Maks back, but if his little brother can win this, I'll be so so glad :)

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

I totally agree!

8. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Len must be off his meds. If Zendaya's Argentine Tango isn't a 10 we won't see one this season!

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

10. Nan

Nan Just me

This is really Val's season to shine as a pro and he seems to be taking every opportunity he's given to show what he can do. Seeing Z and Val on the floor with Anna ad Max was pure delight! :)

11. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

Val .. sigh .. :swoon:

12. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

I think it's amazing how Val could choreograph something that hot and fierce for Zendaya, yet delicately work around her age and never make one move look inappropriate for such a young woman. That is hand's down one of the best routines EVER seen on DWTS, and Len's an old poop for not giving her a 10.

13. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

DL is beyond lucky he got Cheryl for a partner because it's her fans that have kept them out of the bottom two every week. But there are only two newbie pros left and their celeb partners were never going to win this anyway so I think if DL lasts more than two weeks after tonight I'll be surprised. I'm hoping he'll get the boot tonight but I'm not counting on it.

I do think Anna's dancing last night proved that making her sit out in favor of Lindsey was a giant error. I could watch Anna dance all day.

14. danceronice

I rarely disagree with Len as far as underscoring goes (I often think they ALL overscore) but geez, Len, what the heck were you looking for in that? She kept up with Anna, she made lifts that would be tricky with a teeny girl look easy, she had snap, she was in character, good body lines, great feet...what the heck would it take to get that extra point?

I have a feeling they're trying to get rid of Andy--his pros were both unknowns from the troupe, he got ripped to shreds when he was not THAT awful while others got passes (Aly should have gotten dinged harder for the side by side work as I found her weaker THERE, Ingo and Victor were forgettable.)

I have to wonder if she requested some time off so she wouldn't have the stress of competing on top of the whole thing with the divorce.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I typically hate tango and they were all amazing!!! I agree Zendaya deserved a perfect score.

16. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Kellie safe; Ingo in jeopardy.
    Zendaya safe; Victor in jeopardy.
    Jacoby safe; Alie safe.
    Shawn safe; Andy safe. DL in jeopardy.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

if one must lip synch, try to get a recording that at least sounds like a live person was in the room with the equipment when it was made

18. my little pony

i can't get over how unflattering panda face's bangs are

19. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

It's always nice to see a smiling Dorothy in the audience.

20. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Ingo safe; Victor & DL are the bottom 2.

Out tonight is DL.

21. danceronice

Please, please, voters...get it right....THEY DID! YEEHAH!

22. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Tom Bergeron announced that Sean and Catherine will be getting married on TV this August. Creepy.

23. danceronice

Well, he said it would be shown on TV in August. I'm sure it will be a carefully-produced production. And he also said they would, thought with all that stuff with Tristan now he doesn't know! ;) All of which was a setup to announcing they're safe with "Also safe with voters, but maybe not with Catherine...." Which should have been a giveaway but given they didn't react, I'm starting to think the dancers really can't hear the safe/not safe announcements very well.

24. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

If Catherine had half a brain, she's run like hell from the Mr. Reclaimed Virginity. I don't watch the Bachelor, but something about Sean is so calmly controlled that I find him totally creepy.

25. Nan

Nan Just me

I'm glad Andy gets to stay for another week. He can't dance at all, but I enjoy watching him for whatever reason.

Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  26. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It was a shame that we didn't get to see a reprise of Zendaya's tango.
    DL was ready to go; so, hardly a surprise.

27. danceronice

He just tries so hard---he's not a great dancer, but he's really working at it without whining about it.

28. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching at all this season but I just met Gleb Savchenko and he is painfully good-looking in person.

29. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

It's Stevie Wonder night!:)

30. my little pony

dear god no