Dancing with the Stars Season 16

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by jkl, Feb 15, 2013.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

my guess is it's about it's harder than she thought and she hates it
  2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Splitting time between this and the voice.
    :yikes: at Victor's paso.
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  3. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Jacoby's son is adorable.
  4. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Gabby Douglas and Kyla Ross sighting!
  5. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

You know, Andy did...really good. Nice solo turns with good centering, he didn't look nearly as lost as some celebs have when required to dance alone (especially the guys.)

I feel about that SONG the way the late Roger Ebert did about the movie "North" (I hate hate hate hate HATE that song), though.
  6. danceronice

Wow, musical flashback to Indiana Challenge, watching a showcase with "A Thousand Years" like Ingo's using...

"This is such a good song."
    "Yeah."
    "Shame it's from that movie and everyone would think that's why you're using it."
    "Yeah, too bad."
  7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Is this supposed to be a rhumba from Kellie and Derek? I don't get the song with this style (other than the personal meaning).
  8. danceronice

It was kind of a stiff rumba. I'm not going to say anything about the flexibility stunts (I know a lot of people who do that) but she didn't have a lot of movement through her body and her feet weren't very soft, not much interesting leg action.

Audience: Please sit down. The cameramen can screw up the angles themselves.
  9. my little pony

why is lisa flying to ny to rehearse for a show that takes place in LA?
  10. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I agree. I thought 26 was a bit generous. But I admit I haven't caught all of the scores so far. Who's in the lead?
  11. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Really? I found her dance to be a bit :yikes: I would have pegged her for mid pack.
  13. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

lisa looks like she has the flu, bad. i'll give her points for that
  14. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Aly did "contemporary" with a lot of gymnastics. Of course it scored high.
    I thought Zendaya and Val rocked it!
  15. danceronice

I really liked Zendaya and was pleasantly surprised by Andy. Ingo, Bachelor Boy, or DL could go and I would be fine as the first two were forgettable and DL was kind of lame with almost no content.
  16. Alixana

Alixana recovering Oly-holic

Holy smokes, you can see how *great* a dancer Val is when he doesn't have to dumb down his choreo for his partner. :swoon:
  17. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I truly, deeply, and sincerely hope Andy means every word about wanting to make amends for his past and stay drug and alcohol free. Because he's winning me over and I loved his dance and I want to see him succeed.
    Gypsy and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

^^^ This. He was one of those people I was sure was going to be annoying and obnoxious. I find myself rooting for him every week.
  19. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Andy is, sort of, having the same effect on me that Kelly Osbourne did. It really makes you feel good when you see someone who has struggled break free.

I think Kelly Pickler is better than the dance she did last night. Though, in past dances I also thought her knees were a bit stiff.

Zandaya is just amazing.

I liked Ali, but I thought they relied too much on her gymnastics. I don't know that that was fair to her.
  20. Gypsy

Gypsy Thunder & Lightning!!!

I feel the same way too. Voted for the first time last night...all votes for Andy. (And before this I couldn't stand him!)
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  21. danceronice

Lol...that was actually kind of dumbed down. None of them are dancing full-out (well, maybe some of the older pros are maxing themselves out more, but not the young ones who could still be competitive.) The difference is most of the stars can't even dance up to the pros on half speed, and Zendaya wasn't playing catch-up, she was keeping up! And it did rather lack some samba content, I give the judges that (no real bounce.) But Zendaya's just so quick it's hard not to like it! I just wish they'd dress her a little less like an old woman. Age-appropriate doesn't mean "matronly" for a sixteen-year-old (who's actually old enough to turn pro or dance Open adult amateur, with no costume restrictions.) I'm not saying she needs to show a lot of skin, but give her something a little more colorful and fun. Who the heck is the costumer now? I don't think it's Randall any more, and whoever it is, some stuff is a hit and some is an OMGWTFBBQ miss....
  22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Me too!
    What a surprise he has been, thus far.
  23. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I hope Andy is able to shed his demons, but I don't feel the Andy love at all. I find him cloying.
  24. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I don't think that Andy should/will win, by any means.
    However, he hasn't been vile, or the trainwreak I expected.
  25. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

It was painful seeing Carrie Ann apparently being hoodwinked by this guy. If learning to waltz could instantly transform a habitual predator's character, one would think the prisons would be teaching it by now.
  26. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

So you don't believe a person has the ability or capacity to change? That they can't break free of addiction and try to make amends for what they've done in the past or ask forgiveness from those they hurt? I do believe trust has to be earned back after it's been abused, but if an individual is sincere and is making public strides to change their ways, then I could start to believe them when they say they're sorry. Yes, Andy Dick did some reprehensible things in his past, which is why I said I really hope he means it. And if he does, he's just as worthy of a second chance as anyone.
  27. heckles

Sure, but it takes more than one waltz to demonstrate that.
  28. Alixana

Alixana recovering Oly-holic

To be clear .. dumbed down by DWTS standards for partners who can't dance, not by dancesport competition standards. That is a whole different level! :)
  29. my little pony

i just figured she missed her premarin that morning
  30. heckles

Carrie Ann's father recently died and Andy's dance was for his daughter, so I'm thinking that is what triggered her.