Dancing With The Stars, S 14 Week 9 Semifinals or "Heartbreak Week"

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, May 15, 2012.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Music wretched for William's Tango, but he's mechanical and must watch his facial expressions.

Scores:

9 9 10

Wonderful Quickstep from Katherine. Does she have the fanbase to get her in the finals?

Scores:

10 9 10

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2012
  3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Katherine seemed to stutter a bit during some of the moves at the very start, but the footwork in that seemed incredibly difficult and didn't let up from when she started. Given how much posing some of the people do in their dances, I was impressed.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Well, good for the judges! Katherine and Mark got 29. I think that's quite impressive! :)

5. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Donald's Waltz was okay for me. He had a bit of a wild move at the end, smoke makes it hard to see the footwork.

Scores:

9 9 10

6. jkl

jkl Well-Known Member

Ooooh. Aaron Rodgers sighting!

7. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Maria's Argentine Tango looked good to me....now for the tech. stuff.

Scores:

10 10 10

8. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Heck, I hate commercials. Now we have to wait for their score.

9. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Yes! Perfect score of 30!

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Maria and Derek were very enjoyable, but it didn't really seem that Maria's technical content was very demanding during that number.

11. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Me either, but I've wondered about that since the beginning.

12. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Some good hip action in William's Samba.

Scores:

10 10 10

13. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I think she just got dizzy. I didn't like it anyway. First dance of Katharine's I didn't like.

Scores:

9 9 9

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I love Katherine, but I have the feeling she's not going to be able to compete with the guys when it comes to sob stories.

15. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Those costumes were a terrible idea. Love Tom Bergeron's caring though.

Everything in between, she gave it her all, but... meh.

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Not my favorite dance for Katherine, but it was sweet how uncomfortable she was when they were all paying attention to her and she just wanted them to go on and ignore her. And love how genuinely concerned Tom was.

17. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Donald's scores:

10 9 10

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

didnt we already see maria's fluff piece? or something really really similar?

19. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

It's just that she makes it all look easy! :D

20. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that jive reminded me of the corny collins show

21. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Maria's Jive did not feature the usual difficult flicks and kicks. I don't know if it matters on a night like this.

Scores:

10 9 10

22. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

Too much showing off by Derek, bet he won't get taken to task for it though.

23. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Wonderful showboating by Derek. Maria looked nice standing there.

24. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Maria is much more likeable to me than Nicole or some of Derek's others partners. She seems relatively drama free which is a nice change. But there was a lot of non-dancing in that number.

25. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

So like able that I wish they would fire Brooke Burke and replace her with Maria. She seems sooooo much more approachable and personable than Brooke.

26. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Maria is quite good as a TV personality and can keep/get better gigs than reminding people to vote on DWTS. :p

I thought Katherine's quickstep was the dance of the night and she HAS to be in the finals. Among the other three I'm agnostic, they're all pretty good but I like Maria better than either of the guys. Donald is probably a better dancer than William, I guess.

27. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

If Katherine doesn't make the finals, I'm going to be pissed! If I'm recalling correctly, she's the only one of the four who's not scored a perfect 10 (is that right?) if so, that's just frong!

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Wasn't she one of the cohosts for Eurovision one year when it was in Greece?

AYS, I think you are correct re the scoring.

29. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Neither William nor Katherine have gotten 10s from Len, but they've gotten them from Bruno and Carrie Ann.

I enjoyed Donald's samba the most of any dance tonight, but I think the song had something to do with it (though I always pictured someone doing that song while partnered with Maks - Mr. Big Stuff). His waltz was just kind of forgettable.

William's Tango I found quite heavy footed. And his samba had a lot of standing there, and then I thought it looked like he had to wait a few times for Cheryl to catch up before he did his booty shakes.

Maria had one quite ugly lift in her Argentine Tango, and IMO her legs weren't quite extended. I enjoyed her jive as a dance, but agree it wasn't overly jive-y.

I didn't mind Katherine's quickstep - I thought her mugging looked really forced at times. As for her other dance - Mark learned from Derek when doing something a bit different, make sure you do the actual style! My dad asked 'didn't they do something like this last week?' And poor Katherine - when they were doing the final telling of the top and bottom, you could see her back was twisted - one shoulder was way way lower than the other. Hope she's okay!

30. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

William Levey got all 10s on a foxtrot this season.