Dancing With The Stars, S 14, Week 6 Motown Week

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Apr 24, 2012.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Gladys charms in her Rhumba, and no complaining about the music. I don't know if Len will have a problem with some updated moves. I'm puzzled by Tristan's outfit. Is it 50s?

Len is being a pain.....pulls back.

Scores:

7 7 7

3. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Tristan is a grape nerd. Maybe he's a California Raisin.

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Gladys did have a number of mistakes, but she just comes across as such a nice, appealing lady and I like having her on the screen each week. She really makes you want to root for her.

5. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

Sadly, the 7's were generous. I love her, but that wasn't good. I'll keep her over Jaleel

6. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Fun foxtrot from Maria, should score well with a couple of very minor glitches.

Scores:

8 9 9

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2012
  7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Maria did all the steps very well, but somehow the spirit and her expression didn't seem to match the steps very well. It seemed more mechanical than joyful, but she looked great doing the moves. But I expect good scores for the dance.

8. soxxy

soxxy Guest

You can see the effort Roshon put into his Rhumba. The extensions were good, his fluidity could improve. Yes, some of the his movements were too exaggerated.

Scores:

7 8 8

9. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Carrie Ann stole some of Len's grumpiness tonight, and left just enough left over for him too.

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I actually was more bothered by Chelsie than Roshon in that dance. I agreed that her movements seemed really jerky and almost violent. I found him more pleasant to watch in that dance.

ETA: Carrie Ann, did you really think Roshon was the same as Gladys?

11. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

well the lift police struck

12. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I didn't love Katherine's Samba like last week's Tango. Good movement, she needs to relate more to her partner. Judges love it.

Scores:

10 9 10

A bit high, IMO.

13. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

I heart Katherine.

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Katherine seemed to be thinking through a lot of that, but she just comes across as so charming and nice that, like Gladys, she makes me want to root for her.

15. screech

screech Well-Known Member

I didn't really like Katherine's samba, but I did really like Roshon's rumba. And Gladys (and Tristan) - so darn adorable. And loved the tiny bow in her hair.

ETA - I just wikipedia'd Katherine and wow!!
    and
    And also no surprise that she used to model. She is stunning! I find her so adorable and likeable.

16. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I find Donald flat footed and he made a mistake. But these judges love football players so who knows.

Scores:

9 9 9

17. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Donald isn't as smooth as some of the others, but he comes across like a number of the football players - like guys who aren't perfect dancers but would be the guy you'd want to dance with at a party because you know you'd have a good time. There's a confidence that helps carry the number

18. Lilia A

Lilia A Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I still can't believe he was given a 10 last week (and I can't believe he thought he was UNDERscored, what???)

19. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

The bad part about this week is my husband knows all the words to the songs. It's kind of a constant drone.

20. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Melissa probably got the best piece of music ever played on this show. She should have just floated through in it her Vienese Waltz, but it was good enough.

Scores:

8 8 8

21. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Can he sing well??

22. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

note the word 'drone'. it's a clue

23. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Well, I'm sure he's happy hearing these old tunes. :)

24. screech

I'm not a fan of Donald's dancing, but I did have to smile at him tonight, loved that he was singing along to the song.

And lol at Maks. Nobody could accuse of him having false modesty - he's a cocky ass, but I do respect and admire that he doesn't pretend to be anyone other than who he is. And also love him calling out the producers (in a nice way) for focusing so much on him with the frustration and not other pros, and Melissa for saying most of their time is not what's shown on TV.

25. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Perfect rhythm for a cha cha, Jaleel's movement was good, I wish it had been more "traditional."

Scores:

10 9 10

26. screech

Anyone else lol at Kym basically telling Jaleel to change his personality?

And the first kind of hint (from Brooke nonetheless!) about the discord between Jaleel and Kym.

27. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Cheryl did most of the work in William's Rhumba. He's hot, but I'm not enthusiastic about his dance.

Scores:

9 8 10

the 9 and 10 are high

28. mrr50

mrr50 Well-Known Member

I didn't think william did much

29. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Oh, no, Gladys out first.

Katherine wins, and she looked best to me. I did not like William's knee slides.

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Katherine going for the symbolic chartreuse, just like Peggy Flemming.