Dancing With The Stars, S. 14, Week 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by soxxy, Apr 2, 2012.

1. soxxy

soxxy Guest

What danceronice said, and she said she'd like to take a lesson from Corky, which makes me think he has a style I haven't seen.

2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

I can't handle Melissa. I'm not Bruno. :)

Scores:

8 8 8

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2012
  3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she tries hard but i thought that was too fast for her

also not her fault but she is dressed like a magician's asst

4. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I wonder if Kym is thinking that her partner can biff it tonight after the way he treated her...

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed Melissa for the first time tonight.

eta: What the heck is going on with Jaleel? He seems unstable...

6. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Jaleel's scores:

9 8 8

7. hlp728

hlp728 Active Member

With the scoring being so close tonight, I hope there is not a shocking elimination? And when I say that, I hope Roshon gets the votes, because, I have been voting like crazy for him. His MJ tribute wasn't what I was expecting but I loved it.

8. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

There looked like a few slips from Cheryl in that dance... :shuffle: That being said, William Levy, with a shirt undone... :swoon: Me? Please? Can I have him for Christmas? The sex that he is!

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I thought William's Salsa was kind of awkward. I don't get the love for him...

10. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Davis and White's music! William's Samba was hot, could have been neater.

Scores:

9 9 10

11. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Bruno only gave that a 10 because he was thinking with his little head :lol: Are there any gays that pretty?

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

:blah: at the overscore...

13. my little pony

maybe william got extra pts for not roughing up the cast

14. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Donald's scores:

9 8 9

15. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

What Corky's got is a stack of world Latin titles even Louis and Karina can't match. Plus years of teaching and coaching experience. He is perfectly capable of turning out dead-serious dancers, not the stuff he did with Cloris, but the show only seems to call him in for people in the AARP (unless they've go a young pro who needs to do the whole paying their dues thing.)

Gee. William got Salsa. The only person to do so. What a coincidence.

16. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Jeez, if William got one 10, then Maria should have gotten 3 of them instead of 9s. IMO she was really underscored tonight.

This was actually my least fave dance of Katherine's, but still miles above the competition. And you could tell her emotion was truly genuine. Compared to Jaleel, who's tears I still don't understand.

I still don't get the William love. I enjoyed his story, but his dance was very 'meh' and I hate to say it, but I was expecting more out of his body. My favourite dance of his so far, but still not even worthy of 9s IMO.

Melissa looked so much better in the rehearsal - her kicks and flicks looked good there, but during the actual dance she looked so clunky. And I hate to say it, but she doesn't have the legs for that outfit.

I'm cheering for Maria and Katherine. I did like Jaleel before his fake tears tonight, and now I like him even less after the big blow up.

17. danceronice

So far, I like Roshon, Katherine, Maria (except the laugh...I hope Derek has earplugs or doesn't tell jokes), with Jack and Gladys as my 'dark horse/crowdpleasers.' And what's his name the football player.

18. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I thought Maria/Derek were great, but could have done without the floor action.

Jaleel's tears were so fake, it made me cringe. It looked like he realized his "story" was bland compared to everyone else's meaningful stories, and figured he needed to come up with some tears. But tears for what? A character transformation on a 20 something year old show? And this was before I heard about his tantrum. He went from likable to scheevy in one show.

Katherine's dance was lovely. Her choice of music (To Where You Are) really effected me, as that song helped me with both of my parents passing. I knew, as soon as they were done, that they would be criticized for not being in waltz hold enough. But, it was still lovely.

19. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

You spoke for me.

Sending someone home from this group will be difficult.
    All of them seem to work hard and have a fanbase.
    Gavin might go tonight.

20. cruisin

I hope not. I'd rather see Melissa go. Or Jaleel, after his melt-down.

21. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I didn't care for Jaleel's behavior either.
    Her dancing may be lackluster; but, Melissa's "TV icon" status may keep her in for a while.

22. mpal2

mpal2 Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's a very stark turnaround from where he started. I was looking forward to him being on the show and now I just don't care if he shows back up again.

23. danceronice

I couldn't figure out what the heck he was talking about. I mean, I normally blow off all the sob stories unless they're REALLY INTERESTING (I still think 'caught in tsunami, lost fiance, founded a charity' is hard to beat, likewise the fact that JR's started 'I was driving a Humvee in Iraq....' pretty much demolished hte competition) and it's kind of annoying that it turns INTO a competition for 'who suffered the most' but his was even more vague.

And I didn't really expect them to do any coverage if he and Mark really almost came to blows over his verbally abusing Kym but if true, dude...hope that he's gone. No one likes a jackwagon.

24. my little pony

they asked sherri about it today on the view. she tried to be sort of non committal, like she said she had heard that too or something, but she didnt deny it so i assume there is at least some truth to it.

25. cruisin

White came out with a statement that the incident was overblown. He did not deny that there was some sort of confrontation, but that it was not to the degree reported by US. Sorry, he's toast for me now.

26. MLIS

MLIS Active Member

27. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I hate to say it, but Jaleel seems like there's something wrong with him. His eyes look strange to me. Like he's high or ultra-paranoid or something. Or maybe it's just his personality -- another child star who never grew up.

Donald Driver on the other hand? Love! [Packers drum beat] Go Donald go!

28. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Results should be interesting tonight. Sometimes people are really in the bottom, or, it's stated, not necessarily the bottom two.

29. cruisin

His eyes do look odd. But, I was thinking mild thyroid condition.

30. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

What tantrum? Do tell!

Oh, I just read about it, so never mind.