Daisuke-san!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by aftershocks, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I love Daisuke Takahashi. I want to see him win at worlds this year (it will be his second world title).

sk8fan88 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Would be nice to see Dai and Mao win in Nice one year after the tragic earthquake in Japan which forced the 2011 World Championships to be canceled there.

Also it was a lovely gesture by Savchenko and Szolkowy to have their 2011 Rostelecom Trophy auctioned to benefit disaster relief in Japan.

Mao, Dai, Savchenko/ Szolkowy -- great champions who consistently demonstrate class and character.

3. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

4. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Adorable!
    Dai and Adam seem to really like each other.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Can't wait to see him at Worlds

6. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Not that I don't love his programs for this season, but I can't wait to see next year's programs and how they're going to top this years, which were phenomenal

7. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the video, so cute!

8. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

I don't even think Jeremy could do as well as Dai -- he is in a class by himself and I want him to win Worlds and the 2014 Olympics!:swoon::)

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Buds from the Sticky Nicky days back in Hackensack.

I like you, Dai.

10. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Here is another vote for Daisuke.I want thim to win worlds in 2012 and Olympics in 2014.

11. aftershocks

ITA -- Dai is such a wonderful skater and person. He's also a great ambassador for the sport in the way he carries himself with such grace and charm, and sportsmanship.

Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I?

ETA:
    The video clip was very cool -- love the camaraderie among these athletes. Funny and kinda sweet how Dai kept moving closer to Adam when Patrick was talking. (Thanks for reminder kwanette about their shared days of yore with Nicky ;) ).

Patrick handled the questions well too considering the fact he has such a high margin for error in the judges' minds at least. How is it Patrick will not win in Nice? :rofl: when Patrick said that this season was tougher for him and last season was smoother. In terms of his actual results, I don't see any difference. Hilarious too when Patrick said that he owes his success to watching Dai, and that his own skating style and technique are similar to Daisuke's. :huh: Uh, not really. Dai seemed quite amused at the comparison, but perhaps also somewhat flattered by Patrick's attempt to give him some props, since the judges seem to have only eyes and rewards for PC's quads and SS.

Too bad Dai's Japanese interpreter was very unclear in translating what Dai said re the first question directed to him. I preferred seeing Dai speak for himself. :lol: when Patrick helped Dai find the right word in English: "choreography." Now, wouldn't it be something if Patrick could learn to rock choreography the way Dai can do so naturally, so superbly.

Adam and Ross are so exceedingly cute and uber-talented. So happy for their success this season. Another laugh riot when Patrick handed the microphone to Ross to respond to the Worlds preparation question, and Ross deadpanned the obvious ... "I'm not going to Worlds." Really funny too when Patrick said he would answer the high altitude effects question for everyone. He answered it quite well too. "You feel dead, but you're still alive." Hope Dai can rise, summon magic, perfection, mesmerize judges' panel, whatever it might take to overtake PC for gold in Nice. :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  12. aftershocks

Dbl post --

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  13. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Another vote for Daisuke in Nice. His long program is one of the strongest of the season (right up there with Chan's) and his short is the best period. He's way too talented a skater to only have one world title to his credit.

14. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

^Ditto! His exhibition program this year is a masterpiece too. I'm hard pressed to think of another skater who can perform this quiet piece so sublimely. Dai + Miyamoto = :swoon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvNSdSA22l8

15. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

[QUOTE aftershocks]Definitely, I'd love to see Dai Jeremy Adam on Worlds and Olympic podiums!!! -- Chan in 4th and Javi in 5th Oh please, skate Gods!

Well, I can dream, can't I? [/QUOTE]

Now, that's a plan that I get behind! :lol:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  16. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Congratulations for a really good (although not perfect) skate at Worlds :)! Of course, that (and silver) was what I expected and hoped for (to hope for gold seemed too unreal in the given situation). But good anyway that it really did happen :).

17. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Love watching him so so much!
    Congratulations Dai - on your skates at Worlds, your silver medal and on regaining the quad!

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

So what do cats think?

My cat showed no interest in his performance, but his name is Joubert.

19. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

My cat is called Daisuke & slept all the way through Chan's skate. But he did wake up for Carolina :D.
    Did not get Chan winning. He does nothing for me but I'm kinda leaning to be more like my nan. Never watch the marks & just enjoy the skating. I get way to angry :mad:

20. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Aussie Willy & PashaFan -- your cats are toooooooo funny. Fortunately for me, I only have dogs but once gets a bit upset when I get excited whether it's good excitement, bad excitement or nervous excitement. Poor dog, he's had it a bit rough the past few days.

My congrats to Dai on a job well done this weekend.

21. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I love ANIMALS. Your animals are all sooo cute. :D
    Dai ...congrats on a wonderful skate as always.

22. YukiNieve

YukiNieve Active Member

23. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

24. ostile17

ostile17 Well-Known Member

25. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

26. Dilng

Dilng Well-Known Member

What a nice interview he just seems like such a great guy!! His approach to skating is so smart. I love everything about him!!:)

27. iris81

iris81 Member

Any news about Daisuke? Is he in Japan now?
    Artur Werner (who is NOT very reliable source of information) says that from this day Takahashi trains with Morozov again :scream: Also he writes that Nikolai himself told him this info yesterday and gave permission to post it on his site.
    Don't know whether to believe it or not, maybe it's some kind of joke :confused:

28. vodkashot

vodkashot Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

29. Marta24

Marta24 Active Member

That's really disappointing, if true. I guess, this means no more Camerlengo-choreography for him.

30. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Especially with that.