Daisuke-san!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by aftershocks, Nov 13, 2011.

1. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

2. crystalice

crystalice Banned Member

Finally! Dai thread! :kickass:

Those who are here for bitching- next door please. :shuffle:
    IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  3. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

He's truly one of a kind! :swoon:
  4. Jenny81

Jenny81 Member

Sorry but, why you call him like that 'Daisuke-san' ??
    'san'? :confused:
  5. Hedwig

Hedwig Rarely here anymore but I try to be better!

"san" Japanse way of refering politely to a person. Dai-San or Asada-Mao-San.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. os168

os168 Active Member

Or Daisuke-san-quad ;)

I love Daisuke and think he is the bees knees, and am so incredibly happy to see he absolutely killed the field, he deserve everything!

The Patrick Chan rule should not apply just to Chan but to anyone who's best at something. And Dai absolutely deserve his bonuses for being the most artistic and musical men's skater today, followed very closely by Hanyu (and Jeremy), and weird they both came from Japan who's not know for showing their emotions, yet they have 2 of the most expressive mens skaters around, plus Akiko.

Just to say, stereotype doesn't apply much in figure skating :) Hard work and talent does!!
  7. Icetalavista

Icetalavista New Member

Yep, count me in too. I might have to become an official Dice-K Uber (TM). He cleaned everyone else's klook at NHK.
  8. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I seriously need Dai on the top of the 2012 Worlds podium. I need it so bad!

There are so many things to love for his skating, but for me the biggest is his willingness to try different styles and really commit to the programs. Would any of his peers (save maybe Jeremy) interpret Blues for Klook (B4K) so amazingly well?
  9. aftershocks

:lol: :lol: You can say that again, even "san quad flip."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsJ76QRDy0Q Tribute Montage

At: 2:00-2:24 ... To me, these are the guys this season!

At: 2:26 ... 2 halves of the Worlds podium I'd like to see (cut out that smaller guy on the far right)
  10. Roxanne

Roxanne New Member

11. sre10000

sre10000 New Member

12. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

Someone posted this on GS, and unfortunately I believe it's geoblocked :(.
  13. sre10000

sre10000 New Member

Woops! I'm sorry I didn't realize that. It's shame we can't share the beautiful programs :(
  14. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

15. os168

os168 Active Member

16. Judy

Judy New Member

That was a great performance :)
  17. burntBREAD

burntBREAD Active Member

18. aftershocks

^^ :rofl: :rofl: :lol: :lol:

Who was this filmed by, a cat breeder? :lol:

Very cool! Not your usual fs groupies!
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  19. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

20. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

:lol:

But yes to everything said above- Daisuke is a great, diverse artist, a true rock-star and an amazingly strong individual. The videos from his knee rehab were so painful to watch. And here he is now! We are very lucky to have him.
  21. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

22. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

23. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear New Member

He is just so amazingly versatile. I didn't think he could top his SP from the Olympics, but he sure did. Really hope he continues to skate well this season.
  24. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

:lol: That's hilarious. Do they love him or hate him? Some of them seem to be trying to interfere with his skating. Maybe they prefer Chan. ;)

I never could get my cat interested in skating. She preferred football.
  25. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Active Member

My cat never had interest in skating at all but used to try hard to catch skaters. :lol:
  26. aromadezaki

aromadezaki New Member

27. aromadezaki

aromadezaki New Member

28. Aussie Willy

My cat did watch Patrick Chan on the TV. Was quite interested.

I thought it was funny that one of those kittens tried to catch Dai every time he landed a jump.
  29. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah! :D :encore:
  30. aftershocks

31. os168

os168 Active Member

I usually don't like cats, but can tolerate kittens.

But for some reason I think I am psychologically intuned with these fur balls in the Daisuke videos, especially the middle one who kep hobbles up and down after Daisuke :shuffle: ... too Kawaiii... !!
  32. aftershocks

Dai certainly makes it look fresh and new, but his fp music has been used often in figure skating, which I didn't recall.

The below program may be familiar to many, but I'd forgotten that Usova and Zhulin skated to Blues for Klook in 1992.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Txih0umNOo

If I'm not mistaken, one of U/Z moves from this program is famously one of the sketches of skaters performing their programs on FSU home page.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  33. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I loved U/Z in that program! I like Daisuke's program a lot, and he gets in the mood of the music like no one else can, but that's a music for dancers, IMHO. The jumps take a bit from the music, even though Dai's jumps come from nowhere most of the time.
  34. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I just realized I have not commented on this thread yet.

Daisuke skates two of my three favorite competitive programs this year. The other is Jeromy Abbott's. Dai blew me away at NHK, and I am so pleased for him!

Whether it is his choice of music or the way he interprets it, I am simply blown away. Some of his musical choices are not ones I would have seen coming. In past years, I would watch him practice to music I despised, but when it came to the competitive performance, that music and Daisuke's interpretation somehow became "soup" and I fell in love with the music, too! :D
  35. Aussie Willy

That is a sign of a good skater or any performer for that matter. On SYTYCD a few years ago there was that couple who did Bleeding Love which is a song I hate. But that performance was amazing and it made the song work.

It is something also you have to look at with judging. You may hate the music but you have to give a skater credit for how they use it and whether it works.

Dai really is so in the moment with Blues for Klook. And his SP was just outstanding for musicality. Particularly in his straight line step sequence, where he stopped, moved his head and then continued. That tiny moment sucked me in totally. I have no idea why but it did.

I know one of the judges who actually judged NHK and sent her a message to say how envious I was that she got to judge his programs. She just responded that he was amazing.
  36. Proustable

Proustable New Member

A fully rotated quad flip is worth 12.3 points. With the +2, he would've had 14.3

His attempt garnered him 4.6 points (5.6 points and then the fall deduction), so he would've gotten 9.7 points more for 179.02 (presuming his PCS remains unchanged, which is doubtful)
  37. os168

os168 Active Member

Thank you :) I just wonder if Patrick can be beaten, and my hope is a maxed out Daisuke with good momentum include the 4F might!!! *finger crossed*
  38. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Daisuke just scored the 4th highest Short Program mark (after Patrick / Plushenko / Plushenko) without a quad-(the others had quads) so there really is no question that he can beat Patrick IMO.

But I adore both of them for different reasons and - as I said on another thread I am ecstatic with men's skating right now!
  39. aromadezaki

aromadezaki New Member

40. Aussie Willy

I definately think Dai has what it takes to beat Patrick. I would love to see a perfect Patrick and Dai up against each other because as much as I love watching both, for me Dai's musicality is greater than Patrick's. And that could give him the edge.

I have to say it is so nice to say that though because the quality of what both those guys do is outstanding.