Czisny NOT to retire

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by arakwafan2006, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

2. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

Good for her. We don't know what the future holds but I'm glad this one setback isn't deterring her. I hope she is able to get back on track next season.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. mkats

mkats New Member

I guess it's not FSU she's reading :shuffle:

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

:D

5. jlai

jlai Title-less

I never thought for a moment she would

6. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

To be honest, if I were a skater, I wouldn't read FSU either after an experience like Czisny's.

7. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:cheer2: I hope she comes back strong next season.

8. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Good for her. Next will probably be a good year for her... once the rollercoaster goes down.. it then goes up!

9. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

Good for her. I hope she reclaims her US title next year, and I'm glad she was at least offered WTT.

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Good for her. I wish her all the best next season and hope she comes back stronger than ever. But whatever her results, I admire how she carries herself with grace even in difficult times.

11. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

EXACTLY WHAT I SAID...

I dont think that people were malicious but they damn sure werent warm fuzzy either. poor girl

12. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Some posters (coughNEIIIIIIGHcough) were malicious, but it seems to be their natural state, sadly for them.

13. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

She doesn't seem to have any explanation for her failure to land jumps at Worlds, as if it was something apart from her happening over which she had no control.

I have serious doubts that she will ever again regain her US Championship.

14. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Isn't there a support thread for Czisny here on FSU? (Just sayin'...)

Well.....apparently you do :yikes:

(sorry, couldn't resist!)

Well, if she's not going to quit, I wish her the best of luck and hope she can exit on a stronger note. However, I will be throwing my support behind other American skaters for next year's Worlds as I think the #s speak for themselves, and other folks are just as, if not more, capable of doing well (or at least competently) in Ontario.

FunnyBut and (deleted member) like this.
  15. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I wish her well, and appreciate her qualities.. But I didn't think USFS should have invited her to WTT after two embarrassing back to back disasters :rolleyes: , unless it was to drive the World Team Zamboni. They should have gone straight to Gold or Zhang. This does not bode well for future team selections.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  16. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Well atleast she has guts coming back. I will give her that much. Too bad she didnt show any of that same guts on the ice this season. Even if she isnt blackballed by the USFSA Flatt style she will only make it to London if one of Wagner or Gold bombs at Nationals or in the events leading up to it. More likely she will receive Flatt like treatment from the US judges at Nationals and have to skate extremely well to come even top 5.

17. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

In case you haven't noticed, despite her "back to back disasters", she is still the US ladies' silver medalist, which means she placed higher at US senior nationals than either Gold or Zhang. Inviting her to WTT was appropriate IMHO given that fact.

18. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

WOW!!! I am so happy! Good for her. (And good for me). What a spirit she has.

19. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I'll be surprised if we ever see her back to worlds. I get the feeling the USFSA will make sure GG and Ashley are on the world team.

20. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Agreed. Makes me think they'll give her chance #5 without thinking about it if she gets in the top 2...she'll bomb again and we'll have 2 spots for the SECOND straight Olympics.

At some point you have to start looking at the numbers and asking questions.

this...

21. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

While things can change quickly, and who knows one of them might falter next season, if those two hold their form they have a heavy advantage over the others for Worlds next year (and probably for the Sochi Olympics too, especialy should they be the magic duo to get the U.S 3 spots back for London).

22. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even call AW/GG a "magic duo" or "dream team" to get 3 spots back. remember Nagasu/Flatt in 2010. Besides, as you pointed out, things can happen between now and then that may not even make them the best possible team to send.

23. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I find this commentary on her performance odd. Alissa makes it sound like she was having great practices (contrary to practice reports on this site) and then for some odd reason the jumps didn't happen in the performance. Certainly she is not obligated to publicly disclose the reasons for her struggles, but this makes it sound like her seven-fall disaster came out of nowhere.

Good luck to her next season, though.

24. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

she can say all she wants- bottom line is that if she cant get it together she wont have any comps to attend! i really wish that she woudl come forward and talk about her issues at worlds- was there a death in teh family as was rumored? or was she just that out of it to focus? i know i have good and bad days on the ice.....but that seemed very odd- there has to be more to it

25. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I was watching warmups and she seemed ok- she was landing a few jumps in both the SP and FS warmup IIRC. Don't know about practices but I've heard conflicting reports- some say they were terrible, others say there were good ones.

26. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

It seems like with all the tweaking of her jump layout throughout the season it would have been silly to expect her to go clean or have only a few falls at a high pressure event like Worlds. :shuffle: Should set things up and stick with it if you're a skater like Alissa. It's a shame.

27. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

actually I also found this rather odd.. typically skaters will tell you that they didn't feel balanced over their blades, or feeling 'off'.. I'm more concerned with the very fact that she has no concept as to why her technique failed her - it's not like she even 'sat' down on jumps - which is typical when confidence issues - she didn't fully rotate any of them and her whole centre was off?? I think I would make her watch the video in slow motion and take a part each jump to cognitively understand the physics of why she fell.. it wasn't for ' no reason'.. and how can she move forward if she doesn't understand how and why she fell 7 times? Absolutely baffles me.. then again I'm really glad she is not retiring and I actually do think she has the potential to be on the worlds podium..

FSfan107 and (deleted member) like this.
  28. mgobluegirl

mgobluegirl Well-Known Member

Go Alissa. I was heartbroken with her performances at worlds this year, but I completely understand not wanting to go out on that performance. Good luck to her next year.

29. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Sounds like she needs to redeem her dignity - I hope she ends her career on a high note, whenever it may be.

30. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Yes, because Wagner and Gold are guaranteed to remain consistent next season.

Oh wait, they're not. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.