Cycling continued

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Garden Kitty, May 7, 2009.

1. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

2. lash

lash New Member

Tour of Oman. Boasson Hagen! :swoon:

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

4. lash

lash New Member

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

If you like Haussler, have you been following the adventures of Barbie Barbie (they took his nickname literally). If you're not sure of the story behind a particular episode, click on the picture for some annotations.

softlip and (deleted member) like this.
  6. lash

lash New Member

duh

7. lash

lash New Member

my computer flipped out :(

8. lash

lash New Member

I haven't seen that. Thanks! :lol:

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Tirreno-Adriatico starts tomorrow, with live and highlight coverage on Universal Sports.

In addition to having Evans, Cavendish, Hinapie, Cancellara and others, this "race of two seas" also has a very cool publicity poster. (although the Milan San Remo poster is also pretty cool)

It's a race that the sprinters tend to like (Boonen and Bennati will be there too adding some nice scenery to what is already beautiful Italian scenery), and is usually a nice weather alternative to Paris-Nice, although the weather at the start this year seems pretty dodgey.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  11. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Want to feel like you're joining the riders in today's Milan - San Remo? Juan Antonio Flecha put on a helmet cam while descending The Cipressa, one of the big descents on the route and Michael Barry put it on his site.

ETA: Laurens Ten Dam who is riding in Milan San Remo tweeted this lovely spring sentiment:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  13. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Lots of sniping on twitter. Giro announces its teams and the invite list includes BMC, but not Radio Shack. Lance and Johan indicate that the team never intended to go to the Giro because the Tour of California is at the same time this year and that is more important to them.

Garmin's Vaughter's suggests that Johan is re-writing history, and others suggest the Giro snub was a result of Lance's bailing on Milan-Sanremo at the last minute. Garmin/Vaughters and Johan/Lance - can't they all just get along?

Congrats to Oscar Freire on his Milan-Sanremo win. He seems to be one of the more liked riders in the peloton.

Boonen slogged it out for second place

14. lash

lash New Member

With Radio Shack as it's main sponsor there is no way Lance could skip ToC. It's the biggest race in the country. They have to do right by their sponsors, no one in Italy cares about the Shack. Tho I am sure not getting an invite to the Giro was pretty insulting.

15. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

They claim that they informed the Giro a long time ago that they weren't coming. So it doesn't seem insulting so much as redundant.

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  17. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

18. lash

lash New Member

Taylor!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2:

I have seen him race and train in person (as has kedrin) He's a total rockstar!!!

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

22 teams for the Tour de France announced, including 4 US registered teams which has to be a first. It's a shame none of them will probably do very well. BMC just doesn't have enough top level GC riders to do a good job at both the Giro and the TdF.

Sky makes the wild card invite list, but that's no surprise, especially with Wiggins on the team.

Sorry Skil-Shimano didn't make the list. They were really aggressive and fun last year. But it's hard to leave Cadel Evans' team off the list.

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Velonews celebrates April Fool's Day with this article about Contador.

They also describe "changes" to the Tour de France

ETA: Tour of Flanders (aka Ronde van Vlaanderen) this Sunday :cheer: and Paris Roubaix next weekend :cheer:

Here's Team Radio Shack previewing the infamous Koppenberg climb

ETA: tweet by Garmin's Danny Pate about David Millar who won de Panne by winning the time trial on the last stage:

visual proof

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  21. lash

lash New Member

Ya for classics season!!! The Finger Bang article was awesome. Do you read Bikesnob NYC?

22. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

I do occasionally read bikesnob. and Fat Cyclist. I also like team estrogen board.

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I saw that Bikesnob finally identified himself. I don't read him regularly, but I do read some. I didn't read Fat Cyclist a lot, but it's impossible not to be touched by his columns in the last year or so discussing his wife's illness.

I've visited Team Estrogen a few times, but it seems like a really great place for practical advice - none of the attitude that you sometimes find at other cycling boards.

24. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

that's why I like TE- there's definitely a lot of attitude at other cycling boards.

25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

26. lash

lash New Member

He's written a few entries about the "Fingerbang" the April Fools article borrowed heavily from it and reffered to inside jokes! If you've read Bike Snobs articles on Fingerbang it made the velonews one that much more entertaining.

I don't know if you ride or not, but I think a lot of his posts probably don't make much sense if you don't.

27. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

Cancellara is a superhuman from another planet!! Better than Merckx!

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

A very casual, vacation rider - the kind that likes a basket on my bike (and maybe a bell :shuffle:)

29. kedrin

kedrin Active Member

with little pink plastic flowers? ;)

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

and streamers! But there is no way I'm putting cards in the wheel spokes - I have my standards!