Cycling continued

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Garden Kitty, May 7, 2009.

1. lash

lash New Member

yeah, I've read some interviews with him asking him how he felt about being a rishing star in cycling. He seems very "meh...yeah. I ride bikes. So what?" I wish I could tell if he was being funny in a dry way or is just like that. NOthing wrong with being shy tho :) I'll watch the vid when I get home from work.

TG, you should read Boy Racer. Cav's book. It's light and fluffy (got thru it in a day) but it's good stuff. Esp if you are a fan. Yeah, Wigo looks about 45. What happened?

If I only had 3 million Euros ;)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I've got Cav's book but haven't read it yet. This three day weekend may be a good time to read it.

3. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Australian cycling blog started a contest for pictures taken by cell phones that relate to a cycling theme ("what you missed this morning"). A few pro riders, including FSU fave Mark Renshaw, got in on the fun and started sending pics.

Here are the first set of pictures from contestants, with a separate category at the bottom for the pros.

4. lash

lash New Member

oh cool! I take pics all the time when I am out riding :) You see totally different thing on a bike then in a car. I almost posted one of my race pictures here, but I felt silly.

itsartemis, I watched that video with Edvald. Awwww, he's so shy!! Poor thing look terrified of the camera. When Wiggo was like "do you want to say anything to your people" I was expecting him to start speaking in Norwegian (norsk?) but he kept speaking in english. He looked like he wanted to go hide. awww. :saint:

5. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

These are really cool pictures! Thank you for the link.

He is almost just as shy when he's speaking Norwegian. When he came to the scene, we were thinking he'd get used to it, but it really does not seem like he'll ever do that. He's the most uncharismatic athlete we have, but we still love him a lot, what's not to love - his cycling is fantastic! :D

And yes, it is norsk. :)

6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Taylor Phinney takes the prologue at the Tour de l'Avenir and tweets with delight that the jersey was presented by Hinault and he got a stuffed lion.

7. lash

lash New Member

8. Theatregirl1122

Theatregirl1122 Well-Known Member

:swoon:

See, I think this is Cav's problem, really. Because even once the tour de france was over and they were doing there victory lap, and even though Renshaw wasn't even in the race any more, Cav was still following Renshaw when I saw them. Clearly it is hard for Cav to go places if he doesn't have Renshaw's butt to follow. (BTW if there are any "following Renshaw around" positions open, I am available)

(Which reminds me, I forgot to mention this earlier because it took me a while to get them uploaded, if anyone wants to see my TdF final stage pictures, just PM me. I just didn't want to post the link to my facebook where everyone could see.)

9. lash

lash New Member

:lol: That could be it, (and nice pic btw!) but it's not like he still didn't have a nice...wheel to follow. I mean....Eisle is a good lead out ;-)

Ahem....what was that about jobs? I am more than available! :swoon: oh! I already PMed you. Please PM me with your facebook!

10. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Pippo Pozzato's blog at Cyclingnews talks about the Vuelta, his tax investigation and Worlds, althought it's this paragraph that made me chuckle.

11. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  13. lash

lash New Member

They need helmets to pet a donkey? I am sure they were riding a bike but it's just funny since you don't see on in the pic. Well, the pic is just :rollin:

14. Theatregirl1122

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Watched part of the Pro Tour race in Quebec. I was really rooting for Ryder but great last minute attack by Voeckler for the win. Looked like a nice turn out on the streets and great to see the pro tour in North America. And kudos to the organizer for a great live feed on their site.

16. itsartemis

Thought it was a great race - entertaining few last laps. I was hoping Ryder would win (if EBH could not) but at least he colored the race in the end and the commentators and spectators got really excited. :D Already looking forward to Sunday's race.

17. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

18. lash

lash New Member

19. Theatregirl1122

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Per Gazzetta, the Italian team for Worlds: Pozzato, Visconti, Nibali, Oss, Paolini, Gavazzi, Bruseghin, Tosatto and Pinotti.

21. lash

lash New Member

22. Theatregirl1122

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

24. itsartemis

25. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

There are some rumors about a possible sponsor for Team Schleck/Team Luxembourg/Team Schlux/whatever you want to call them....Mercedes Benz. Not too shabby. Maybe they can pay to buy out Cancellara's contract in cars.

Cancellara decided to pass on the rest of the Vuelta and focus on worlds, but he's actually not sure if he wants to go for both the time trial and road titles at Worlds since he's not sure about his form. Hey, Cadel won the Worlds road race in Switzerland last year....Cancellara should try to win the Worlds in Australia.

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Contador is visiting Kazakhstan (wonder if his contract required it), or if it's a goodwill gesture to thank the sponsors. I'm sure those meetings are very comfortable :lol:

This pic that Steephill tweeted had me :rofl: It's sort of like Dick Button and Irina Slutskaya 25 years ago.

Also excited for the US nationals races this weekend. Go everyone I like :cheer:

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Time Trial at US nats spoiler:
    Taylor Phinney beats Levi Leipheimer by 14 hundredths of a second to become the new US time trial champion :cheer:

Podium pic

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  28. itsartemis

Fabian Cancellara is released from his contract with SaxoBank. Bjarne Riis did not want to say how much money he wants for agreeing to this - it's between him and Fabian. To Danish TV2, he said he was disappointed in Cancellara's behavior and wish they could have parted in a more classy way befitting of their successful partnership over the years.

29. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

30. Theatregirl1122

:cheer: :cheer2: :cheer: :cheer2:
    Yay Taylor! (I follow him on twitter. Not sure how this happened, but he is amusing.)
    Is US Nats going to be on anywhere?