CTV Olympic Documentaries To Celebrate 1 Year Anniversay of Vancouver Olympics

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by manhn, Feb 8, 2011.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

CTV will be airing two documentaries to commemorate the one year anniversary of the Vancouver Olympics. It is practically guaranteed there will be a feature on Joannie, and probably on Scott and Tessa too.

http://www.ctvmedia.ca/ctv/releases/release.asp?id=13461&yyyy=2011

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  2. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I think that's a pretty safe bet - they've narrowed the memorable moments to the top 10 and now we get to vote for the most memorable moment - Joannie's Bronze and Tessa and Scott's Gold are two of the 10.

If you want to vote, go to http://shows.ctv.ca/2010Anniversary.aspx

3. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I really, really wanted to vote for Joannie, but Men's Hockey Gold was just so, exciting and absolutely perfect. :shuffle:

PVR is set for both shows...I can't wait! :cheer2:

4. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

I voted for Joannie.

In the poll, the most memorable top 4 to me were...
    -. Joannie Rochette
    -. Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir
    -. Charles Hamelin
    -. The Golden Goal

5. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

My top 4 were:

- Joannie (no one comes close to me)
    - Golden Goal
    - Bilodeau
    - Hughes

6. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

For the FSU Vancouverites who may be Downtown tomorrow: Patrick will be at the McDonald's on Granville and Smithe tomorrow at 2pm to celebrate the 1st year anniversary of the Games. I hope to finish work by then, so maybe I'll check it out...

kimkom and (deleted member) like this.
  7. tapper88

tapper88 New Member

thanks for the heads up on PChiddy. I'm not finished work till after though :( I'm so upset! It would have been really cool to meet him..

8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Well, talk about a waste of my time. I waited 30 minute in the pouring rain to get my PChiddy waterbottle signed but the McDonald staff told us that there will be no chance to see him before he had to leave. Another reason to ban McDonald's!

On the bright side, I got the Oly Hockey Gold dvd set at HMV 20 bucks off!

The weather was awful but still a lot of people.

9. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

According to the press release, I should be watching the documentary 17 Days right now at 7pm eastern on Saturday February 12th.

I'm watching W5 which is featuring the group of students that survived a sinking ship last year.

10. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

I don't know what the problem is, but piss me off! :mad:

11. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I glad I'm not the only one where it's not airing... I looked all through my digital listings and its supposedly airing tomorrow morning in Kenora... I emailed my local CTV station either way I'm really not impressed...

12. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Patrick just interviewed on CTV. Said the disappointment of his Olympics prepared him for this year. Asked about his skate at Nats...very proud to say the least and says he's ready for Worlds.

Weather's dry but very windy.

13. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Replaced the display under my name

No wonder I had so much trouble finding a listing for 17 days on my cablebox guide - it wasn't happening. Wonder what is up with that?

14. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

According to the Press Release linked in the first post...

15. Skate Talker

those listing for 17 Days do not agree with my cablebox guide. Wonder what was going on.

I thought it was kind of strange that they have been promoting the heck out of the Anniversary Special on all their tv channels but not a single mention of 17 Days. I wonder if it has anything to do with the story that broke this week about the luger's death since in the link provided the discussions on how to cover that story at the time it happened were part of the documentary. Maybe they decided they needed to do some additional editing?

16. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Fool me once, fool me twice...

http://shows.ctv.ca/17Days.aspx

17. Skate Talker

It might actually be on this time - they may have had time to edit new segments regarding the new controversy. They definitely made some last minute changes to the other special. I guess they wanted to be sure to do a cya.

18. Parsley Sage

Hopefully this is on tonight

19. Skate Talker

Well this time it is actually appearing on my service-provider's guide.

20. Skate Talker

So was it on - and was it worth watching? I was out so didn't get to see it (forgot to record).

21. karen

karen Member

I'm watching it right now. It's on the CTV website. So far, the attitude is a little bit "YAY CTV!" That's okay though.

22. kimkom

kimkom Two Pot Screamer

It was interesting to see how CTV handled the ups and downs of the Games. I enjoyed seeing the highlights from the Press' point of view.

There was a segment on Joannie with an interview with Liz Manley.

23. karen

karen Member

Yes, I'm enjoying it now that it's into more of the behind the scenes of the Olympics material. I'm especially enjoying hearing from the CTV staff who weren't on air and so weren't really recognized during the games.

24. Parsley Sage

Yes, it was a different perspective on the games.