CSOI Vancouver pre-show dinner

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by alilou, May 6, 2011.

1. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

kwanfan1818 and I are going to dinner before the show. Midori please join us :cheer2: and DFJ you've said you're going to the show. Come have dinner with us. :cheer2:

And anyone else who's going (or even if you're not) come join our pre-show party :40beers:

Jojo do you know if you have the box yet? If so that means you and manhn and sandraMGfan and overedge (and some others) too ? :cheer:

I haven't picked out a place yet. Anyone got any ideas? I know there's some restaurants within walking distance of Rogers arena and the skytrain. And we're also within walking distance of Chinatown and there must be some good places to eat there.

Once we've picked out a place to eat I thought it would be good to meet at about 5 or 5.30 to give us plenty of time to eat/visit/snark/:40beers: and get to the arena in time for the 7.30 start.

:cheer: See you all there!!!!!:cheer:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

My daughter is coming with me (sort of kicking and screaming, but she's such a sweetie she'll put up with me) and I'm assuming that she would be welcome since you're all so fabulous! I'm taking that day off but not sure about Danielle. I'll ask her and then get back to you. Any place with Stadium Station would be great as we'll be taking the train.
  3. alilou

Of course your daughter is welcome!

I just found this place as a possible place to eat
    http://www.pivopublichouse.com/

It's 5 mins walk from the skytrain and 5 mins walk from the arena.
  4. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Perfect for me...any place with onion rings on the menu!
  5. alilou

And I'll be in heaven with pesto prawn flatbread (which I think/hope is a kind of pizza thingy) and key lime pie :swoon:
  6. SandraMGfan

SandraMGfan Active Member

You had me at Pesto! :p
    I'm in for dinner as I work right next to Rogers Arena! So I can make it for 5-5.30 :cheer2:
  7. alilou

Sandra does Jojo have the box or do you have a ticket?
  8. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I may or may not attend csoi but I won't be able to go to the pre-show dinner as I work too far late and away. But have fun!
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  9. midori

midori Well-Known Member

Thank you for organizing the dinner, Alilou! I am in :cheer:

I think I will be there by 5 because I'd like to leave for the arena rather early, about 6.30, and I also would like to have plenty dinner + talk before leaving!
  10. alilou

Midori - looking forward to seeing you. And I'll have some DVD's for you.
  11. SandraMGfan

I haven't heard anything from JoJo and no tix for me. But where's there is food (and snark), there is usually me :shuffle:

Sorry if I gave people false hope...
  12. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Sandra, am I reading this right - do you not have a ticket?
  13. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Sandra doesn't have a ticket and neither do I - there was a possibility that one of the local gang might have access to a box for the show courtesy of her work. Don't know if that is still a possibility.

I might buy a ticket at the last minute and if not, can probably come for dinner.
  14. alilou

Just bumping this thread so people don't miss it. It's getting close :cheer:
  15. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

Please count me in - thanks for organizing this Alilou!
  16. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Just wondering what time (5:00, 5:30)? Outside the restaurant?
  17. alilou

Let's go for 5 as some people want to get to the arena quite early (for :sekret: reasons of their own).

Rosaleen is also going to SOI so I'm going to find out if the restaurnt is wheelchair accessible.

Yay Wild Rose! :cheer2:
  18. SandraMGfan

alilou, I can go and ask tomorrow at lunchtime.
    Is that 7 people so far? I can also book for 7 and if there are more, I'll go and update the booking on Thursday night.

Jojo said she would come. I don't know about anybody else...
  19. alilou

That would be great. And if it is we need to add Rosaleen to the list. Is Jojo coming to the dinner or just the show? If she's coming to the dinner it's 10 so far. There are others who may be in the box but we don't know if they'll be at the dinner or not.

alilou
    DFJ
    DFJ's daughter
    Japanfan
    Wild Rose
    kwanfan1818
    Midori
    SandraMGfan
    Jojo
    Rosaleen
    :cheer2:
  20. SandraMGfan

I will check if it's accessible and if it is, I will book for 10 people (5 p.m., Friday 13th).
    If others show interest in attending the dinner, I can stop by again (it's really just 2 min away from my work) and change the booking on Thursday or worst case scenario Friday at lunch time.

DFJ has kindly offered me her daughter's ticket, so I will be attending the show :) that makes 9 of us, but there's no hurt in booking for 10!

Thanks again DFJ :cool: You rock :40beers:
  21. alilou

Let me know asap if it's accessible (you can email me if you like) and I'll phone Banfield to arrange handydart for Rosaleen.
  22. SandraMGfan

Pivo can't accomodate wheelchairs or a 10 people group. :(

Nuba (lebanese food, West Hastings and Hamilton St) is really good, but only accessible by stairs. There is also a Moxie's on West Georgia (and Hamilton), but never been there.
    Any other ideas around Rogers Arena?
  23. alilou

I've been looking and looking. There seems to be lots of fast food and breakfast/lunch places.

Moxie's is wheelchair accessible. They don't take reservations when there's an event at the arena but said we should be ok at 5pm. It gets 66% good reviews. It's 15 mins walk from arena.

Then there's East Fusion Food in Tinseltown. It's wheelchair accessible. It gets 86% good reviews. Although they call themselves fusion according to the reviews it's really Chinese. It's only about 10 mins from arena. I went ahead and booked it :shuffle: I hope people are ok with Chinese. If not I can cancel it and change it to Moxie's. Can't think of anywhere else.

East Fusion Food (on urbanspoon - they don't seem to have their own website) http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/14/1432706/restaurant/Gastown/East-Fusion-Food-Vancouver

Moxies http://www.moxies.ca/menu
  24. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

Chinese is just fine with me...5:00?
  25. alilou

Yes, 5pm
  26. WildRose

Looks good to me! I'll be there at 5:00 :)
  27. DFJ

DFJ Well-Known Member

alilou: What name is the reservation under?
  28. alilou

29. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

have fun gang! i dont have a ticket this year! i am sure we willl hear all about it from you alll! i would love to Vm's free dance (show version)!! but sadly i will be at lacrosse games instead!!!
  30. Jojo

Jojo Active Member

I'll be there for sure, and I'll probably bring a friend as well. Looking forward to seeing everyone - we'll be there at 5 pm.

Jojo
  31. SandraMGfan

I'll be there just after 5, time to walk from work :) keep me a seat!
  32. WildRose

I'm home safe & sound after an absolutely gorgeous drive through the mountains today. Rain & fog coming out of Vancouver this morning but sunshine & blue skies all the way from Kamloops to Edmonton :) It was great meeting up with everyone - a big thank you to Alilou for organizing dinner!
  33. alilou

Good to see you again WildRose, and glad you had a safe and enjoyable trip home. Sunshine and blue skies? What's that :confused:

Also wonderful to see Midori and DFJ again too after so long :cheer2:, and all you other guys too who I see all the time :lol:

It was a good dinner, and fabulous night of skating :cheer: