Cringe Worthy American Television

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Cachoo, Apr 5, 2012.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

floskate, it sounds as though the British have their share of "dreck" TV, too.
    No matter, you've given us enough great programs to compensate for that!

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I hope you didn't catch the "bad plastic surgery" bug that seems to have infected all the women on this show...

3. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I sent my British friend a link to My Super-Sweet 16. She responded with a link to My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

We called it a draw.

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

I once watched 5 minutes of the Kardashian show. Don't recall a thing. I want those 5 minutes of my life back though.

5. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I hate pretty much all reality tv outside of a few competition ones like Amazing Race and Survivor. Jersey Shore is by far the worst though. Not only are they glorifying stupid drunk behavior, they get paid an insane amount of money for it. It makes me sick.

6. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I have never been a big fan of reality television and stopped watching soaps years ago.

7. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

Fox News, Jerry Springer.

8. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Prancer thanks for the list. I'll never know why we do versions of perfectly enertaining British shows such as "Touching Evil." The PBS shows or home/garden shows seem to do well although sometimes we see both the British and American versions and that is fine with me.

About British soaps: For a short time our PBS station aired "Emmerdale Farm" before the name change. I loved it but apparently it did not find an audience and it disappeared after several months. I wish we would bring them all over for those of us who think our soaps ridiculous.

9. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Dance Moms, Bad Girls Club... :yikes: :yikes:

10. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Any 'reality' TV. The talent versions aren't so bad (AI, DWTS, etc), but the rest of it is just forced, pretentious dreck.

11. skateycat

skateycat Minecraft Widow

That reminds me! Extreme Makeover and/or the shows that depicted plastic surgery on tv.

12. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I did realize I chose the wrong profession. The dentist-slash-botox-injector sounds like a fabulous job!

I am disappointed that the women went to places like Earl's and Cactus Club Cafe. I mean, these are places we would go to! Heck, FSUers went to an Earl's after the Olympics Ice Dance event! Why in the world are these women mixing with the lowly commoners? What next--Christina The Golddigger eating a burger at Tom & Jerry's?!?!?!