Criminal Minds Season 8 ~ New Unsubs and a New Profiler

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Sep 26, 2012.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I know those of you guys in the States don't see it until tomorrow night, but we got the Season Premiere up here in Canada tonight. I haven't seen the entire episode as of yet thanks to a me having a very low dip in my Blood Sugar and needing to make a PBJ sandwich during the last twenty minutes, but what I have seen I was happy w/. I'm about to fix that w/watching it on CTV Edmonton right now.

I won't give anything away, but I will say this. Unlike the mess of two years ago when AJ Cook and Paget Brewster were let go w/no warning and then a quick and awful new addition to the team which was due to fail anyway. That was due to the fact the writers being hijacked by CBS for the mistake that was CM : Suspect Behaviour. The mistake IMO was the way CBS handled the entire thing BTW and not the actual concept or the cast of CM :SB. Anyway...

This time around, so far that is, the addition of Jeanne Tripplehorn is more in line w/when Paget's Emily and Joe Mantenga's David Rossi joined the team. It's so far a much smoother transition IMO. I also like what I've seen so far too.

Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks tomorrow night. Oh and I didn't get a chance to say it last season, but it was so lovely to not have to deal w/a cliffhanger Season Finale *and* also a happy ending too. :)

2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I liked CM: Suspect behavior. :(

3. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Me too.

4. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

I liked it better than the original and am still pissed that they ended on a freaking cliffhanger!

Anyway, I am looking forward to the premiere of Criminal Minds tonight.

5. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Forest Whitaker really had it:(

Ugh, I was so upset with Peget being let go the first time, and now she's gone with her own will! She was my favorite character in CM. I'm really looking forward to seeing what/who writers/producers brought into Emily's seat.

But, I do love Jeanne Tripplehorn, so, really mixed feeling, here!

6. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I watched it too on tuesday night and the addition of Tripplehorn was ok. She didn't detract from the usual crew. So far so good.

7. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:wall: Law and Order - SVU starts tonight, too and it's a 2 hour premiere that starts at the same time as CM. Usually I watch CM and then SVU. What do, what to do? :drama:

8. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Happy to live in Canada where I could watch CM last night and L&O:SVU tonight :)

9. MacMadame

You don't have a DVR? :shuffle:

I rarely watch anything live any more... I watch it when it appears on my DVR and fast-forward past the commercials.

10. milanessa

:p

11. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

The season premiere of SVU is being shown again Sat night.

Carol

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  12. milanessa

Nope. Don't need any more gadgets.

Thank you, thank you!

13. MacMadame

It's part of my cable box. So it's not another gadget but a feature of a gadget you have to have to have cable.

14. milanessa

Maybe I should have said I don't need another cable service. Around $200 a month is as much as I'm willing to pay.

15. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

Those who watch CM and watch L&O:SVU opener will see a familiar face. I thought she was living happily in England :)

16. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well it would seem she's morphed into another American citizen crime fighter. Colour me pleasantly surprised to see her.

17. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

$200 is pretty expensive. Are you getting all the premium channels? You might want to shop around a bit.

Another note - Criminal Minds is usually available on the web after 24 hours.

18. milanessa

No premium channels at all. We do get sports packages like MLB Extra Innings, though. No shopping around, BrightHouse is our only choice for cable. Satellite TV is something I've had in the past and don't want again, at least not right now. The $200 does include our internet and one of our phone lines.

Watched CM since I can watch SVU on Saturday. :) (Thanks CDANN) Not their best but it was okay. I don't watch TV on my computer.

19. AragornElessar

I liked CM : SB too and I also hated they ended it on a Cliffhanger. However, as I said, I don't blame that on the cast, the crew or anyone that worked on the show. My beef is w/how CBS handled the entire thing, which was badly and messily, which in turn doomed the show kind of from the beginning sadly.

Anyway...As I said last night, I really liked the start to things. Gave us a good look at the newest member of the Team and also has given us a tease to obviously something big coming up this Season. So long as it's not drawn out, then that's great by me. I also like Jeanne Tripplehorn and looking forward to watching her develop Alex Blake.

It's a good start to Season Eight IMO.

BTW...I loved how we saw Garcia and Blake immediately huddled into Tea Chatter at the end. I adore my tea and have an entire shelf in one of our kitchen cupboards that's just and only tea, tea, marvelous tea!!! :D So I could so very much relate to Blake finding someone who understood just how important that one type/blend of tea can be to someone. :)

What? :D

20. Angelskates

Good episode. But it made me feel sad. I hate it when I can't hate the unsub.

21. KCC

KCC Active Member

Our phone and Direct TV is billed together and the cost kept inching up. DH kept paying that bill, so I was not aware of the up-creep. When he told me what we were paying, I called the phone/tv billing company just 2 days ago and re renegotiated a bill that was $70 less/month. Might be worth a call to see if you are on the optimal plan and see if there are any discounts that might apply. But unfortunately, if they are the only game in town, your chance of success will be lower.

22. MacMadame

I guess I'm in the minority. I didn't like Jeanne Tripplehorn's character or how they introduced her. I thought she was way too prominent for someone new to the team. She kept acting like she was in charge!

Plus she seems to have done something to her face and I found that distracting. Why do so many female actors of a certain age have work done that is so obvious? Is it that hard to do good face work or do they just not know when to say when??

23. mag

mag Well-Known Member

MacMadame, that is exactly how it felt! Both the role and the face. I love Reid, but I'm not sure it is going to work with two Reids. I also found the way she presented stuff to be annoying. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Side note: one thing I find annoying about SVU is that I can almost always figure it out long before they do. I started watching half an hour into the show, and within 15 minutes I had it figured out. Won't say more now in case people haven't seen it yet.

24. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

25. Angelskates

Loved the SVU episode, but it was weird seeing "Emily Prentis" in another role...

26. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Well they are back! Episode of Reid and his girlfriend. Guest was none other than my favourite Buffy the Vampire annoyance aka Dawn. Yeppers, that would be Michelle Trachtenberg.
    Not saying anything more about the episode except to say I'm glad I caught it without having to PVR cause I'm already going to be having to PVR a number of things while away in Mississauga this weekend.

27. MacMadame

Do you see the show on Tues. where you are? I have to wait for tomorrow. Pout.

28. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Didn't Michelle star in a skating movie a few years back?

29. AragornElessar

Canada gets it Tuesday nights, so I think it's only fair those of us up here if we're going to post should be using the Spoiler code until after our US friends get to see it tomorrow night. Not only not fair, but showing courtesy too.

I missed it tonight, but interested in seeing where they're going w/this tomorrow night. :)

30. Norlite

Norlite New Member

I was heartbroken at the end for Reid.

I wasn't sure what happened at first, but I think the bullet went through the stalker's head into Reid's girlfriends?