Criminal Minds 2009-2010 Season ~ Where The Cool Cops Work

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by AragornElessar, Sep 28, 2009.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Not sure about the title, but it's all I could come up w/.

Anyway...Here's the thread for those of us CM FSU'ers. Saw a promo for this week while watching TAR on CTV earlier tonight and looks amazing!!

BTW, w/a Birthday next month, I've got both Seasons Three and Four DVD's on my list. Season Four was just released the last week or two and while I haven't seen it in a store yet, I do know that the Gag Reel is back on the Special Features portion of them.

The Season One GR cracks me up everytime I've watched it. :D

Anyway...Here's the thread, so have at it!! :D

2. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

Penelope Garcia is the best character on TV right now. That is all there is to say about that.

3. victorskid

victorskid Skating supporter

I really enjoy the show and try not to miss an episode. I agree about the Garcia character - she's fab!

4. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Did anyone else think that Foyet was going to be back at the end of this episode when Hotch was returning to his apartment??

Anything going to happen between Emily and Hotch??

5. AragornElessar

I'm thinking we won't be seeing Foyet again for awhile. They'll spring him on us when we're not expecting it me thinks.

I hope nothing happens between Emily and Hotch. That's one of the things I like about the show. There's none of this will they or won't they get together stuff. While they're all friends and they care about each other, it's still all professional.

Watching tonight's run on A&E. Forgot just how much I despised the character of Erin Strauss.

6. Angelskates

Yeah, I think we'll see Foyet for the milestone episode, it may even end there, but not before. I hope nothing happens between Emily and Hotch too.

I really liked the last episode, slightly rushed and lots of improbables, but like feeling sympathy for the killer as well as his victims (that poor doctor).

7. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

Love this show!!!!! Just got into it last season, so I need to someday catch up with earlier episodes.

8. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

One of the few shows to suffer the loss of a major character and be at least as good, if not better, than the original.

I think this was largely in part to such strong writing and developing all of the characters in great depth.

Can these writers give classes to writng teams on other shows?

9. calica

calica Active Member

I saw the first chapter of the 5 season and I liked it so much :rollin::rollin:. I was so scared about Hotch .....:(:(

PS: I am falling in love of Reid... :swoon::swoon:

10. Callisto

Callisto New Member

I am already there! And I lurves Garcia, too...

(This show does bring some serious creepiness, though. And it is beginning to frighten me that I often know what real-life serial killer they're basing an unsub on.)

11. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Which character are you referring to? Gideon or Elle? Why were they both written out, anyone know?

12. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I was referring to Gideon

13. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

Aww.. I just saw a repeat of the episode where Gideon left the other day. So sad.. he was such a great character. Helps that I love Mandy Patinkin.. he's awesome!

14. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I loved Mandy and Gideon, so I was VERY surprised that the show is actually still a really great show without him. I was very worried about the show when I first read he was leaving but thankfully, it was for nothing.

15. tracylynn

tracylynn New Member

Mandy Patakin (Gideon) left the show on his own. There were many rumors speculating why he left but he stated that he thought the show was starting to get a little too dark for him and he really didn't want to go down that path. Though the way he left was surprising to all on the show, he left the show on good terms.

As for the actress who played Elle, well, I am not sure why she left the show. I don't know if it was her decision or the producers. Personally, I never got into her character but I think that is because I didn't start watching the show until the third season due to my work schedule so I became more accustomed to Paget Brewster's character.

I love this show and I thought last week's episode was guite good. While watching that episode and seeing how Hotch acted and thinking about what happened to him in the previous episode, I was wondering if he might have been raped by Foyet, whether with his knife or with his penis.

16. Angelskates

I've always respected Ed Bernero.

tracy - I think he was raped psychologically and not physically, though I wouldn't mind the writers bringing male rape into the story line, it doesn't happen so much on TV, even in shows like SVU.

17. calica

calica Active Member

I thought that Foyet mutilated him. :wideeyes::wideeyes:

18. Angelskates

He stabbed him 9 times, but I don't believe he castrated him. Though some do, I don't.

19. calica

calica Active Member

Maybe castrated him probably not, but to hurt him in this zone, yes.:slinkaway

20. AragornElessar

Wow!! My respect for Ed just went into the Quad Zone. That's an awesome statement!!

Second, ITA w/Angelskates. I think that Hotch was raped emotionally, but not physicially.

Now...Does everyone know about the Cookies? Cookies are things that are dropped into a show/script that only us fans would catch. Like, the only one I've ever noticed (And awfully proud of it too) was during a show last season there was a truck beside a building the team were at that had Bernero's Dry Cleaning on the side of the truck. Or some of Garcia's pens, those are actually sent in by the fans and they try to show them off whenever they can.

Stuff like that. Anyone pick up any cookies before?

21. tracylynn

tracylynn New Member

Is it me or does anyone else feel that the show has gotten girtier/more tense lately? I guess what I am trying to say is that some of the scenes/subject matter have been stronger than ever before. I don't have a problem with it because I love the show, but after watching tonight's episode I couldn't help but think, "wow!"

Oh, I know Garcia worked with victims of crimes but it looked a little jealous when she saw that woman touching Morgan.

22. Kruss

Kruss Well-Known Member

My stomach is still in a knot after that episode!! I really felt for those poor victims!!! Great episode but yikes!!!

23. libby

libby New Member

I like this show, but I can't help wishing there was some more realism to what the Garcia character can do. The idea that the FBI can find out any type of information on anybody just by looking it up on a computer is silly. Elementary school records, yearbooks, private medical records and many of the other things that Garcia is able to access online are just not realistic - there is no one uploading every school yearbook in the US onto a computer.

Computers are great, but there is no "magic computer" out there with every bit of information on every person in the country, all ready to be cross-referenced so a list of possible suspects can be generated in minutes.

24. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

They do the same thing on all these kinds of shows. I bet real CSIs wish they had the technology they have on the CSI shows as well.. I'm sure it would make life much easier for them. It's just kind of the way these shows roll..

25. loopey

loopey Well-Known Member

Yes, last night's episode was particularly disturbing. They usually rescue at least one victim in the show which leaves you with an ok feeling. This episode, there was no "ok" feeling for me. Did something happen to "Reid's" leg/foot in real life? Why the crutches? And did Garcia always travel with the team, I always thought she worked her cyber magic back in Virginia?

26. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

I've seen Garcia travel with the team from time to time, depending on where I guess.

I couldn't help but think of the Manson Family/Murders during last nights episode, I'm guessing with the media that has surrounded Atkins and Fromme over the past year, that it was at least in part based off on this episode. The house scene in the beginning definitely read similar to the photos from the Tate House.

27. tracylynn

tracylynn New Member

Yeah, Mathew hurt his knee while dancing and he has to be on crutches for awhile. That is why he was shot in the first episode so that they can incorporate the crutches into the show.

28. calica

calica Active Member

I wait that Matthew G. Gublerrecovers soon of the operation of knee. Because Reis goes 2 weeks without appearing in series. :(

29. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

What do you mean he goes 2 weeks without appearing in the series. He was shown - in a limited role - both this week and last. Actually I got a chuckle with last week's with Reid answering for Garcia while the team was videoconferencing. Then one time they thought Reid would know the answer and instead Garcia jumps in with the correct one ... I was :lol:

30. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Crater creator. :lol: