Courtney Hicks

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Flying Camel, May 8, 2011.

1. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

I think Courtney is an American version of Polina Shelepen (but worse to be honest). She has big jumps but not much more. Her 3-3 were << in both programs at JW, her skating skills, posture, lines, spins need a lot of work and she doesn't seem to know how to use her arms. It's still questionable if Polina will be able to do well at SGP, but at least she can rotate her 3-3s and improved her presentation, for Courtney it's not even a question, it's better for her to do JGP. She will have a tough competition there even without Liza and Adelina, there are still more than enough strong Russian and Japanese skaters

2. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Courtney was impressive at nationals, but at Junior Worlds, I thought a handful of other ladies were more impressive, at least from a presentation standpoint, like Risa Shoji, Zijun Li, Miyabi Oba, and then obviously Adelina, Liza, Agnes, Christina. I'd say she and Shelepen are comparable, but Shelepen seems to be making improvements and is a little more pleasant to watch IMO because of her balanchine looks. Courtney is still VERY tiny and probably has yet to deal with puberty monster so.