Cool pic of Mao Asada - From Vogue Nippon

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MINAM, May 25, 2010.

1. Lombardia412

Lombardia412 New Member

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. floskate

floskate Vacant

3. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

I don't know. It's like they are trying to force Mao to be something she isn't.
    It's like they are trying to make her ...... sexy.

4. Indra486

Indra486 Well-Known Member

That's Vogue Japan's doing.

I personally hate the chicken fringe but the plain black body-suit alone with a flashy belt would have been fine and I love those shoes.

Didn't Bjork also have an egg-shaped purse with her that she would drop by "accident"? :D

5. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Actually, I really like the shoes too. If she just didn't have the chicken, she'd look fantastic.

6. yukster

yukster Member

A bit OT, but there's some interesting quotes from the interview.
    Asked about frequent use of chokers on her costumes, she says like "Well, it's not really what I wanted, but it seems like Tarasova likes them...." :D
    I'm kinda glad to know that those chokers are not her tastes and hope they'll go away next season. ;)

They also talked about the new programs and when the interviewer asked her whether she could reveal the other LP song Tarasova offered last season (she chose 'Bells' out of the two TAT prepared for her), she says that she can't tell them because she might use it for the next season. I'm not sure about it, but the writer of that blog thinks it might be this song---->
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbNpeUqhg0A&feature=player_embedded#!

It's just a speculation and nothing confirmed yet, but if true, I love it!!!:cheer2:
    (Well, pretty much anything seems like a big improvement after 'Bells'...:D )

7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I like the black lace in the other pics but am not sure about the strapless thing--what is it? A dress? A top? A sweater? It could look nice depending on what the rest of it looks like.

8. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

IIRC, she kept six eggs hidden in her dress that she dropped out on the red carpet on "accident" :lol:

9. FrouFrou

FrouFrou New Member

To each his own, but "Bells" was awesome. That being said, I'm not to keen on the idea that she's using TAT or Lori again. My dream team would be Tom Dickson for her SP and Pasquale Camerlengo for her FS. But I guess I'm gonna have to keep dreaming...but yeah, thanks for the translation.

10. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

11. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

12. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

She is very pretty, I just don't really understand Japanese fashion. I see so many pictures of Mao, Mai, Kanako, Miki, etc in blazers, and it just makes them look like they are wearing men's suits. All these Japanese women are feminine and delicate, and would look so nice in dresses.

13. floskate

floskate Vacant

The blazers I believe are the uniform of the JSF or perhaps their sponsors and they often wear them for official events and press conferences. I'm pretty sure the skaters don't wear them as a fashion choice. ;)

14. Excidra

Excidra New Member

Poor Mao, she was going for haute couture. Instead she receives a major fail.:p

15. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

May be the sharply cut clothes are supposed to be a contrast to the femininity as an editorial decision? Remember how it was in Vogue, pardon the pun to have a model in a ball gown photographed in a factory or some other gritty location, all for contrast.

17. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

18. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

I wonder why PETA hasn't gone after Mao like they went after Johnny.