Confirmed: Daisuke Takahashi will be coached by Nikolai Morozov again

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Posted today in the Japanese skating news thread - confirmation of the news in the Japanese media:
    itsartemis posted this Russian article link yesterday in which Morozov was quoted as saying he will be coaching Takahashi again: http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120614/601084215.html

Posted in the Russian skating news thread:
    ETA link to new article: http://www.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120615&content_id=33344752&vkey=ice_news
    (This article link shows up in post #43 of this thread: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3595715&postcount=43 )

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  2. Libertango

Libertango New Member

Why :drama: ? I wonder how it will work out with Florent.

3. chika3

chika3 Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So much for Russian coaches not being able to work with foreign students.

I guess Morozov is special and those restrictions don't apply to him. :p

Or maybe the fact that he only consults Amodio and Morozov (who retain their primary coaches) means he can get round that.

5. Andrey aka Pushkin

Andrey aka Pushkin Brezina's Nemesis

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meggonzo, smurfy, flutzilla1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

:confused::huh::wall:

7. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

:yikes: :scream:

consolidation when Miki left

8. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

there is serious death in my soul :wuzrobbed

9. beepbeep

beepbeep Taking homeless Fabian home

Oh dear, why? Whyyyyyyyy???

10. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

What Andrey said.

And yes, I think this does not bode well for Florent Amodio. In fact, I'm not sure who it does bode well for. Hanyu? Chan?

11. 4STh

4STh New Member

Some quotes from a japanese article (http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20120615-968059.html):

Takahashi have Morozov as one of his coaches as an adviser.
    Morozov approached him before this year's world championships.

Takahashi said:
    I have only two years before the Sochi Olympics.
    I have hesitated over accepting his offer but I decided because I think he will offer me good advice for the Olympics.

Morozov said:
    Daisuke was my favorite skater I have ever trained.
    I felt sorry about the way I split with Daisuke and I have many regrets.
    In the past he was one of the great skaters but he is now memorable.
    I am no match for him without my improvement.

12. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

But it doesn't automatically mean he has to use Morosov for choreography right?

His students typically get consistency and undeservedly high PCS so this might just be what he needs to beat Chan.

13. love_skate2011

aww so sweet of Morozov :rofl: :slinkaway

14. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Me too. Ugh.

15. DaiKozOda

DaiKozOda Active Member

I'm a huge huge fan of Takahashi and I'm really curious about how it will turn out to him. Maybe people are overreacting a bit. Morozov is known for bringing the best out of his students. He makes them feel more confident and eventually that shows on their skating and improves their overall results.
    I am aware that Morozov is not one of the most popular guys over here but he sure knows how to turn skaters into winners.
    Off course that Daisuke is already a winner but maybe Morozov will work things in order to highlight Daisuke's qualities even more.

16. 4STh

4STh New Member

Quotes from another japanese article:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2012/06/15/kiji/K20120615003475620.html

Morozov said: I would like him to win the gold medal at the Olympics, the only thing missing for him.

http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0615/TKY201206150654.html
    Takahashi said: I have hesitated over Morozov's offer, but I decided to put myself into a tough environment.
    Morozov said: He must be go down in the history of figure skating. I'd like to provide help to him with my full effort so that he will win the Olympic medal.

17. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I do enjoy Morosov eating crow...

18. itsartemis

itsartemis There will only be one Daisuke!

I did not see this coming at all. I just really really hope he won't be doing Morozov choreography for his programs. Dai has been nothing but original since he started working with Camerlengo and other choreographers. Does this mean we won't see Dai do any of Kenji's choreography again? I wish the articles said something about choreo.

Sigh, I think I'm just going to find a corner and :wuzrobbed now.

19. t.mann

t.mann New Member

Dai himself's decision(after all) and Morozov's drive for Dai OG and his role as advisor(just?) all look a little weird. lol

20. ice9

ice9 Active Member

Hmm, so, doesn't Morozov want Plush to win OGM? :lol:

But then again, he already coached Arakawa to win OGM over Slutskaya so it's not a big deal for him it seems. ;)

21. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

OMG I totally forgot about Florent. Is he still under Morozov's tutelage?

22. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Yes, according to this link that was posted in the Russian skating news thread yesterday:
    ETA: Is Morozov's role clearly stated in the Japanese articles as being Takahashi's primary coach or an advisor? Does this mean Utako Nagamitsu will continue to coach him and we should expect to see her in the Kiss and Cry?

23. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Who wouldn't want to coach the most brilliant skater in the world?

If Morozov brings something to the table that Dai wants, no objections from me.

Meredith and (deleted member) like this.
  24. love_skate2011

:sekret:
    maybe its some sort of plot against Dais chances for 2014, lol

25. morqet

morqet Well-Known Member

Technically yes, he's joint coached by Morozov and Bernard Glesser, but as far as I know, he was only in NJ with Morozov's group for a week this summer, and has been in France since he finished AOI Shanghai. It'll be really interesting to see how this all shakes out.

26. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Sums up my feelings so well. :sigh:

27. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

My recollection may be faulty, but I think that when Morozov moved back to Russia, there was something posted here to the effect that he said that not only could he keep his existing foreign students but that the door was left open to coaching others.

Also, according to the smatterings of Leonova's blog posted elsewhere on this board, he is in New Jersey at the moment. Maybe he's planning on staying there.

28. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I want Dai to win the OGM so whatever it takes....as long as Oily Nicky doesn't touch him. If there is fondling in the K&C I suggest a bunch of FSU get together & :lynch:.

30. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin