Confess your sins

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by alchemy void, May 10, 2012.

1. flipforsynchro

flipforsynchro New Member

MICHAL IS KING OF FIGURE SKATING. KING OF THE WORLD. KING OF TRIPLE AXELS.
    And of course I've come to his rescue. Poor baby has no fans :(

2. lily

lily Active Member

Are you esta?

3. Polymer Bob

Polymer Bob New Member

Back in 2008 when Bebe Liang went to Worlds, there were posters here who were totally confused as to why she had so many fans. :lol:

4. flipforsynchro

Hahahaha no, I am a lover of Michal Brezina.

5. lily

lily Active Member

You are even greater than esta!!!

6. flipforsynchro

I'm flattered. But I can only dream of being greater than esta. Only Michal Brezina is better than esta.

7. lily

lily Active Member

Lucky Misha to have such defender as you are!!!

8. flipforsynchro

I am honored to be the king's defender

9. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Never liked F-P/M's skating.
    Never liked Totmianina/Marinin's presentation.
    Thought Berezhnaia was beautiful, but boring.
    Thought Shizuka was beautiful, but boring.
    Still miss Michelle & Sasha.
    Preferred Petrenko to Browning.
    Preferred Oksana to Nancy.
    Thought Gordeeva/Grinkov could fall flat and still beat Mishketunok/Dmitriev.
    Can't stand watching Brian Orser at the boards.
    Could care less about flutz/lip/cheats/prerotations.

10. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

I want Katsalapov to drop Ilinykh and start skating with Khokhlova instead. :EVILLE:

11. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

You're not alone. I'm a big fan of Michal too. I really like him, and he's one of my favorite international skaters (along with "Taka").

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I still think Johnny should had scored higher in Vancouver

I still think if you fall on the ice, slide across the ice, crash into the boards, then you have no business being on the podium (even if it was a quad you crashed on)

I definitely think Johnny should had won gold in the 2008 Nationals

I miss Tiffany Chin 's skating

every time I saw Timmy G. skate, I thought of Justin Timberlake

I think Evan Lysacek needs to grow a personality and learn to speak without the monotone

I absolutely hate how usfs ignored the AIDS crisis and the fact that so many fine young skaters were dying of the disease

I was happy when ABC lost the commentating for nationals because then I didn't have to listen to Peggy anymore

I miss Terry Gannon though

I never understood ice dancing

I hate listening to Scott H's doing commentating

I miss skating on tv

13. flipforsynchro

You have great taste :D

14. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

:lol: I love a good cutting-off-ones'-nose-to-spite-ones'-face story!

15. pumpa

pumpa New Member

I miss Dick Button.:slinkaway

16. Johnny_Fever

Johnny_Fever Well-Known Member

Agree.

Agree.

Do you mean to suggest there are gays in this sport?

Agree.

Its kind of an acquired taste.

17. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

I like Peggy and Sandra as commentators.

I don't think Robin Wagner is all that strange as a coach. Most skatings coaches are that weird (or weirder!).

I don't mind flutzes, but hate lips.

I can't find it in myself to like a lady who wears beige/tan skates.When skaters switch to them I cringe! That, and I say prayers to the skating gods that they will go back to white skates (it worked with Miki in the 09 season, and Mao this past season, but still hoping for Aleona and now Miki, again!).

18. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

under the immortal words from Morozov

" Let the Old Woman try " :rofl:

19. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

I like flying upright spins.

20. Shyjosie

Shyjosie Active Member

I like athletic skaters who show powerful programs.

21. BmcC102

BmcC102 Active Member

Ultimate Sin!

In watching Nationals/Olympic Trials/Olympics, I can't help but think that I might now prefer gymnastics to figure skating... :shuffle:

22. lemongrass

lemongrass New Member

Michelle Kwan. I don't understand why I find her skating boring but I do. I always preferred Sasha Cohen.
    I find death spirals and biellman spins boring.

23. EuroWaltzing

EuroWaltzing New Member

Oleg Vasiliev was my first skater crush. As a teenage girl watching Elena and him compete in the 80s, I couldn't help but be attracted to his self-confidence and his ability to be unaffected by anything. I'm further attracted to the very handsome man that he has become today. Yes, I've had impure thoughts about him many times!!!!! When I see him dressed all in black in the kiss'n'cry, I melt.

More impure thoughts about Smirnov, Trankov, and Joubert.

Oh and here's a sin and what may actually get my Canadian citizenship removed (and I'm a born-in-Canada Canadian!): Lori Nichol is unprofessional and provides skaters with terrible choreography. There I said it. Her programs are too feminine even for female skaters and her ability to separate skaters from their respective coaches is unprofessional in my opinion.

24. Skater91

Skater91 Member

I have been reading threads on here for a while now but haven't posted anything yet so I thought this would be the place to start.

I wouldnt say these are my greatest sins because I am proud of my opinions but these are probably the 2 most frowned upon opinions on FSU.

1. I really enjoy watching Rachael Flatt. I don't care if she is bigger than the other girls, if she was too big to be a skater she wouldn't be able to do what she can do! Plus I have never found her skating boring like others claim she is. She is the most underrated American Skater!

2. I don't think Michelle Kwan was all that great. Yes she was World Champion for multiple years but I just dont understand the hype about her. Her jumps were small and not very impressive plus she barely ever went for the hard triple triple combination jumps. My views are the same for Sasha Cohen!

Here are my thoughts on other skaters.

Akiko Suzuki is the BEST! I just love her for the heart she puts into her skating and the fact that you can see she is enjoying herself when she skates! If she would have only competed one clean long program this past season!

Carolina Kostner is amazing I just hate the watered down programs when she doesn't attempt a lutz at all. I think when she learnt from Frank Caroll he messed with her head so she would skate bad again to give Mirai a better chance! Although her programs and costumes were horrible that year and didnt stand a chance to begin with!

Alissa Czisny - Her jumps are horrible and her transitions are non-existent

Ashley Wagner - In person when I met her was stuck up and rude. Although when her jumps are landed properly and not two footed I think they are pretty good in terms of height and flow. Not necessarily the best technically though.

Mirai Nagasu - Remember at US nationals 2010 when she said it wasn't her time yet, well it was and she is done. She needs to quit or at least lose the extra pounds she put on the last 2 seasons.

Agnes Zawadzki - Could be great but is way to inconsistent.

Alena Leonova, Ksenia Makarova, Adam Rippon - Urgh. Cover my eyes I cant watch.

Miki Ando - Deserved to win worlds both years and I dont care if her program components are not the best. She is still amazing to me.

Gracie Gold - Not that hyped about her, I think the excited over her is that there is actually an American lady that can land some big jumps for once!

Patrick Chan - Is the Best! Deserves to win, even when he falls over.

Virtue and Moir are way better than D/W. I am a singles skater so don't know much about Dance in terms of levels but it worlds went the way I saw it I would have liked 1.V/M 2.P/B 3.W/P 4.D/W

Overused music doesn't really bother me if the program is good.

Love Yuna and Mao.

Kanako Murakami is underrated and should have been winning the short program at Worlds and 4 Continents especially!

I think that Tara lipinski, Sarah hughes and S/P were all deserving Olympic Champions and it should not even have been in question that they shouldnt have won! Totally Underrated!

That is all for now! From now on I will be posting some more!

25. sk8ingcoach

sk8ingcoach Active Member

Michelle kwan although consistent, has ugly jumps and was boring. A good spiral and flailing arms dont impress me, i want to see the harder combinations which she could never do.

Carolina Kostner and Patrick Chan have the best skating skills in the world, and they deserve the high components marks even if they fall.

Rachael Flatt was cheated at olympics, she deserved 4th, maybe even 3rd

Alena Leonova - Worst skating skills

Alissa Czisny - Worst jumps and transitions ive ever seen. She will never make it to the podium at worlds

Never liked Mirai Nagasu, her flailing arms didn't distract me from her under-rotated jumps

I think Kavaguti & Smirnov are under-rated. I believe that if they pulled off to clean programs that they could beat Savchenko and Szolkowy

Kiira Korpi is over-scored in components

Laura Lepisto would have done well last season

Ksenia Makarova will never do a clean long

Carolina Kostner currently has the best jumps in the world ( exception of lutz of course )

Richard Dornbush should not have any GP assignments because of his poor results at Nationals and 4CC. Armin Mahbanoozideh should have his spots

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  26. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Couldn't stand Sasha's inability to do a clean long program, but I find myself brushing off Alissa's mistakes.

Loved Gordeeva and Grinkov's competitive days, but hated many of their pro days.

Will never forgive Johnny Weir for stepping on my foot in Atlanta in 2004.

I'm entertained by Evan Lysacek's skating.

I find Carolina Kostner boring and find no redeeming qualities in her skating.

I cannot stand watching Davis and White. They both annoy me.

I much preferred S&P to B&S in 2002.

I preferred Oksana to Nancy in 1994.

I didn't mind Irina's head grabbing in Tosca or her card dealing.

27. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

:wideeyes::eek::rofl: More like she, along with Ando, was gifted in the SP. I would have had Flatt in the penultimate group of the LP rather than 5th after the SP. :shuffle:

28. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

29. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

I find Kwan, Kim, Czisny, Rippon, Takahiko, and Chan extremely boring.

Pairs skating is so boring to me, it looks like they all do the same lifts; no originality.

Virtue & Moir are so overrated, it's not even funny. They also come off as being conceited snobs so that doesn't help.

Davis & White should have won bronze in 2009, gold at 2010 worlds, and gold at 2012 worlds. They are the future of ice dance.

Meryl's voice use to really annoy me, but now I'm use to it. :lol:
    I think Charlie should cut his hair, like for good. The long locks aren't working dude.

I don't mind tights over boots
    I actually like tan/beige boots.

And lastly, I think Savchenko is prettier than Belbin :p

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. dots

dots Well-Known Member

I hope he wasn't wearing skates!!!!