Confess your sins

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by alchemy void, May 10, 2012.

1. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Do you have a view or opinion that is really unpopular or unorthodox? Do you have sinfully bad taste (like me)? Here is a thread to confess all your unpopular/gross/sinful opinions. :saint:

No judgement here. ;) Just think of it as a place to confess your sins and get it off your chest. (insert Pope Benedict emoticon here)

-I think Morozov is quite hot now that he's not so bloated. Especially when he's all intense during his skater's performances. That intensity + good looks = :eek:

-I am really fascinated by Denney/Barrett. Her packaging + his receding hairline makes me a big fan. :shuffle:

-All 3 medal-winning FDs at Worlds bored me stiff (no, not the good kind of stiff). Actually almost all of the top 10 did too

-BEST FIGURE SKATING PERSONALITY EVER.

Anyone else?

2. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

- I usually like Morozov choreography. I especially liked Takahashi's Techno Swan and Ando's Cleopatra.
    - It doesn't bother me/I don't see when skaters hunch. I enjoy their passion, their projection more than I enjoy great lines

3. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

- D&W are not equals to V&M. They have speed and difficulty (and sloppiness!), but V&M have it all over them in things like lines/stretch, chemistry/connection, basics, performance quality, finesse, etc.

- Speaking of dance, A&P are the last great dance team, and dance has pretty much sucked since 2002.

- I think N. Morozov is a good coach and even a halfway decent choreographer sometimes.

- Jeffrey Buttle was boring.

- I hate when people dismiss certain skaters as 'pwetty pwincesses' as if it's not a valid style and only the girls with a powerful style are worth watching.

- I think falls and pops are equally egregious jump errors. They're both failing the jump.

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  4. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Morosov is hot.

Abbott can be quite dull.

Love COP dance.

5. DimaToe

DimaToe Well-Known Member

I miss Yagudin :(

I just dont get I/K...sorry(same goes for Adam R.)

I only like Brian J. skating because he's good looking

I find 3t/3t to be an ugly looking combination

I loved 2009/2010 Johnny Weir :yikes:

Maxim T. annoys me

Nothing will make me happier than when a lady does a good 3Lutz

I check FSU like it's nobody's bussiness

I HATE the ass spin

I'm in love with Masha Butyrskaya

I can't think of any more :-/

6. suki

suki Member

I still miss Michelle Kwan.

I find V&M technically proficient, but a total bore and vastly overrated.

I think Peggy Fleming's green skating dress from the '68 Olympics is iconic and looked better than most of the skating dresses we see today.

I find Meryl Davis's malleable features fascinating.

I think all skating federations politic for their skaters, but some are more egregiuos than others.

I support the minimum age limit.

I will never be convinced that Oksana Bauil was the rightful winner in '94 (and no, I was never a fan of Nancy Kerigan's skating).

7. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

Morozov creeps me out like nobody else.

Aside from S/S, all other gold medal winners of Worlds 12 made me actually fall asleepzzz.

I'm still bitter that ordinals had a hand in which ladies skaters won medals in the late 90's. I hope to get past it one day. Here, let me leave room for my foot up your...

I liked watching compulsory dances.

W/P are the Canadian ice dance champs of my heart.

8. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

I think D&W are vastly overrated , I really think they were closer to P&B than V&M in overall skating quality this year at Worlds .

While I like V&M far more than D&W , I laughed at a certain posters' homemade bread comment :fragile:

All three World medal winning FDs were so generic this year. However, liked V&M's performance at Bompard earlier this season.

I really think Daisuke has been hosed this season :(

I want to like Vol/tran, but their attempts at being edgy just come across as silly to me. I wish they would attempt to do something in a more classical/traditional vein. I haven't really loved a Russian pair since the Ber/Sikh (or a pair period since S&Z), and I had hoped Vol/Tran would be the next ones, but as of now I really think I prefer S&S . I haven't given up on V&T though, they did skate wonderfully at Worlds.

I'm disappointed that I&M bit the dust, and I'm still lukewarm on B&L.

While I generally like them, I don't get the love of W&P this year. I thought their FD was so cheesy and pukeworthy It was just way too OTT for me, and I was genuinely shocked anyone felt they were podium worthy. Maybe it was the ice quality, but their skating skills looked so lackluster in Nice.

After their reaction to their skaters' :blah: performances at this year worlds, I am beginning to think Yuka Sato and Jason Dunjen have read "The Power of Positive Thinking" way too many times :shuffle:

I love Mao and want her to get her mojo back

I love Carolina and want her to keep her mojo and rival Mao

I want to type word mojo again. Mojo

I liked Navka's Austin Powers FD and her sexy crossovers :shuffle:, to be fair it had more transitions than a Zueva program.

It makes me giggle that Leonova has a World medal;a wicked, evil giggle :shuffle:

Finally,whenever I see that goddamn Air France commercial, I want to re-watch Kostner's LP

9. Rochelle

Rochelle Active Member

I have skated to East of Eden. In this decade.

Overall, I don't have favorite skaters. Just favorite programs.

Icenetwork's live coverage (despite all it's faults) keeps me from even considering attending large competitions in the US and mid-Canada... even if I may be able to manage the cost and time off of work.

10. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I miss Miki Ando. A lot. And I think she's awesome

I don't think ALL of Alissa Czisny's spins are that amazing and I personally find the girl to be kind of really awkward

Morozov is a good coach (but still a creep)

I have a school girl crush on Josh Farris

I'm rooting for Polina Shelepen to make the Olympic Team

I don't think Gracie Gold will ever be a an Olympic or World Champion or even medalist. There's more to skating than killer jumps and the rest of her skating is :shuffle:

I still love Christina Gao and will never give up on her.

I think Adam Rippon is kinda (really) overrated.

I'm still rooting for Tomas Verner to win a World Medal...

I find Artur Gatchinski to be pretty attractive.

Brian Joubert probably wouldn't hold my interest if he wasn't super hot with a level 4 ass.

I secretly like Kevin Van Der Perren. Or maybe I just like the way he fills out his glittery unitards...

Patrick Chan is very boring. Brilliant, but boring.

On some level, I enjoy Florent Amodio and his ridiculous programs.

I'll miss Ksenia Makarova's Marilyn program.

I think Rachael Flatt is pretty.

11. idee123

idee123 New Member

Daisuke's interpretaion is not that good.

Daisuke is no match for Patrick. He is weak technically.
    Hanyu can be Chan's rival before long...maybe

Czisny was overrated Flatt was underated at nationls this year.

Ashley Wagner is overrated. Especially in FSU.

I think W&P should have won the bronz medal at Worlds this year.

12. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Michelle Kwan is superbly talented and always elegant, but a lot of her programs leave me cold. They're still pretty, but I'm not about to burst into tears after watching them.

Overused music doesn't really bother me if the program is good.

Pairs skating has always bored me.

13. falling_dance

falling_dance D. Murakami's Newest Fan

- Apart from Sotnikova's Bolero SP, Miu Sato's Rach 2 FS is my favorite performance in the ladies' event at this year's World Juniors.

- I'd rather rewatch Mira Leung's Transylvanian Lullaby SP than any of the ladies' performances at this past season's Canadians.

- I like Leonova's Worlds FS eye makeup.

- Chances are, I find the best performances of Sarah and Emily Hughes more entertaining than those of your favorite currently competing US lady.

- It doesn't bother me much that Slutskaya won the 2001-2 Grand Prix Final. Her win at the previous season's final annoys me more, even if Kwan did lack the 3r for the duration of the event.

- Baiul's "electrified poodle" getup? As with suki and Fleming's chartreuse dress from 1968, I think it's iconic. (I somehow doubt that suki is with me on this one.)

- I don't find Misha Ge to be all that entertaining these days.

- I like Hanyu's Weir-Plush crusader outfit.

- I'm glad that Gachinski won the bronze at last year's Worlds.

14. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

Gordeeva and Grinkov don't move me. I thought they looked like a brother/sister pair, especially at the '88 Olympics.

15. sequins

sequins Active Member

Maria Butyrskaya is one of my all time fave female skaters. I just love her.

My fave American female skaters ever are Nicole Bobek and Alissa Czisny and the rest I could pretty much care less about.

While I love W/P I just don't get the hype this year. Yes they were great but still have a long way to go with their skating and are no where near V/M.

I don't really like Poirier/Gilles and don't get all that hype either.

I don't know who Gracie Gold is.

I hate the SD and I want the CD back.

I don't think I want to watch the team comp. at the Olys and now wish they would scrap it and the WTT.

I hate how much hype 'the quad' gets.

I never liked Kurt Browning until he turned pro, now I love him and I use to love Elvis until he retired and became an annoying jerk.

16. misskarne

misskarne #408

Those aren't confessions! :lol:

- I think Artur is going to be better than Evgeni (don't laugh, this opinion will get you hung/drawn/quartered in certain places)

- I hate guys with ponytails but adore Jason Brown's

- And on that note, I want Jason and Joshua to be the US men at next year's Worlds - they'll do a better job than anyone else!

- I am inclined to dislike Gracie Gold without ever having watched her skate because I can't stand the constant hype

- I don't watch pairs or ice dance and I couldn't care less.

- The only skaters to ever make me cry are Ilia and Artur

- I skated to "Gladiator" last season and am skating to "Tango Amore" this season. I may or may not have left the hip-roll in at exactly the same place in the music. I regret nothing.

- Now that I am trained in data entry for IJS, I have to physically take my hand off the mouse while watching programs (but I still listen for the technical controller)

- I love men who can do spirals, Ina Bauers, catch-foots (nice ones), laybacks, layback-catchfoots (Jason only you would do a spin that I can't even decide what it is), illusions and split jumps (not Russian split, the other type). GIVE ME MEN WHO CAN DO GIRLY ELEMENTS! I WANT SPIRAL SEQUENCE AS AN OPTION FOR MEN!

ChelleC and (deleted member) like this.
  17. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

I think Morozov is a great coach. His skaters are some of the most consistent out there and his knowledge of COP is almost unmatched. He knows how to squeeze out every last tenth of a point.

I can't get over Jeremy Abbott's awful posture. I think his long is a masterpiece but I wish someone else were skating it.

I've never thought Carolina was overmarked.

I loved Mao's Bells of Moscow. It made her interesting and IMO made her actually emote, something I'd never really seen from her. I loved her fire in that program. Liebestraum is boring.

I'm rooting for a Johnny-Evan world team next year, and I never even liked either one when they were competing.

I don't think Yuka and Jason are good technical coaches and I think they coddle their students too much.

Sarah Hughes deserved her OGM, she knocked it out of the park. Her 3-3s were the best she's ever done and her performance was amazing.

18. giselle23

giselle23 Active Member

Except for her jumps, I'm not that impressed by Yu Na Kim.

I think Michelle Kwan would have won the OGM in 2006 if she hadn't been injured.

I kind of like (or at least don't hate) Rachael Flatt's skating or did, before she started messing up.

I like Plushenko better than Lysacek.

I like Carmen for skating music.

19. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I've always had a sick thing for Morozov.

I don't anyone to make a comeback - just move on already!

The only thing I currently like about Gracie Gold is her juggling.

I was happy that Leonova won a medal at World's.

"Great basics" do nothing for me if the skater in question can't land jumps as well.

20. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

I never had a problem with:

Mao's "Bells of Moscow" program
    Caydee Denny's posture
    Tanith and Ben's "That's Entertainment" program
    Zueva's choreography

21. RD

RD Well-Known Member

Never got what the big deal was about Kwan or Cohen in terms of their skating. Of course, in retrospect they were far more successful than what we have now, but I never truly was entertained by much of what they did in their competitive years.

Perhaps with the exception of certain competitions this season, I always thought Kostner was vastly overmarked and overrated.

While I'm no Flatt fan, I do find certain elements of her skating appealing. Despite the criticism she works with what she has and gives it her all. (Disclaimer: doesn't excuse what happened at 2011 Worlds or how I feel about that episode)

I'm really impressed with what Wagner did this season. I honestly think she should have scored 4-5 pts higher in the FS at Worlds. It may or may not have made a difference in the overall result (don't have the #s in front of me) but judges did nail her for not being in the last group and that's not fair...

While Yuna Kim is talented, I don't think she is the queen so many make her out to be.

I follow only the ladies' discipline and frankly couldn't care less about the other 3.

Since 2006 I've been increasingly caring more about American skating and less about international skating.

I am done with Czisny. Don't want her near a US world team ever again.

I have high hopes for Mirai Nagasu and Agnes Zawadzki and unlike a few other posters, I'm not ready to give up on them. I still think Nagasu can get it together and be successful again if she can get a consistent training routine going and find some inner motivation after her recent struggles. And Zawadzki is still young- if she can find consistency in the freeskate I think she will contend not only nationally, but on the world level as well- yup, you heard it here first.

I liked Em Hughes' spunk when she was on the scene.

I hope Gracie Gold can live up even halfway to the incredible amount of hype and pressure fans and media folks are already putting on her.

22. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

-I think the Russian pairs program must not be so strong, considering that Bazarova/Larionov can make the team year after year.

-I wish I liked V&T more.

-I was watching some old dance performances the other day and thinking what a joke B&A's career was.... they had no lines or grace, and were supposed to be this "technical" team with amazing twizzles, yet most of their podium performances included huge stumbles on these elements (eg 2006 olys FD, 2007 world FD).

-My love for P&B completely died this year. An Egyptian FD recycled from an old exhibition? Really? Are you sure they're not still with Zhulin? He loved turning exhibitions into FDs.

-Speaking of which, I don't think Zhulin is this God of choreo. Yes, Schindler's List and Chaplin were amazing, but what about Pink Panther and coming up with Carmen for his wife's Olympic FD?

-I don't care for Krylova/Camerlango's dance teams either. Weaver/Poje's last two FDs sucked bigtime.

-I don't think Love Story was that bad. I mean, B&S should have won, but Love Story is a pretty awesome program.

-I will always love Surya Bonaly and not get Yuka Sato.

-I don't really see why Gorshkova/Butikov are so much worse than the other Russian dancers in terms of technique. It's just that they have hideous costumes and choreography. I don't think Bobrova/Soloviev would even be in the top 10 at Worlds if they weren't the top Russian team. All of their teams are interchangeable.

-I agreed with Elvis Stojko's commentary about Vancouver.

23. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I don't get the appeal of Joannie Rochette.

Kiira Korpi is not THAT pretty (Laura Lepisto and Viktoria Helgesson are much better looking).

I prefer Valova/Vasiliev to Gordeeva/Grinkov.

I can't stand Usova/Zhulin, to the point that I can't watch a whole program of theirs without getting annoyed.

I still love Elvis Stojko and Michael Weiss.

I would rather watch Kimberly Navarro and Brent Bommentre than any OGM-winning dance team.

I think Evan Bates made a mistake, switching partners to Madison from Emily (although it seems I am not alone in this, after looking at another thread).

Yu-Na Kim is a talented skater, but leaves me cold.

Cherub721 and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Angela-Fan

Angela-Fan Well-Known Member

I like Rachel Flatt! :p:

25. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

-Nothing will ever convince me that Patrick Chan's margins of victory over Daisuke Takahashi this year were valid.

-Virtue and Moir are extremely overrated and boring.

-I used to like Elvis Stojko when he was skating. I still think he should have won the OGM in 1994.

-I wish it was Yagudin who was able to make the comeback and not Plushenko.

-I despise Alexei Mishin due to his trash talking of Yagudin, and I generally hate all of his skaters, because he strips every program bare of choreography.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I liked Stojko, too.

I never got Rochette.

I don't know what possibly makes one ice dance program better than the other. They all look the same technically to me. And I've tried to figure it out.

Chan is boring and robotic.

I loved Amber Corwin just for the Breakfast at Tiffany's with tiara program.

I wish Michelle Kwan had even a slight clue how to dress herself off the ice. Clearly a stylist was involved in dressing her for the HoF festivities. A stylist who has been fired since as she is back to ill fitting black outfits.

27. walei

walei Well-Known Member

- I enjoy Zoueva's choreography

- I like W/P but I don't get all the fawning over their FD this year.

- I did not enjoy Jeremy Abbott's skating this season, his puke face, and his 'try too hard' self choreography.

- I don't mind the SD format but I want to see straight line side by side footwork instead of circular ones.

- When I watch a male skater I mostly stare at their butts.

- I like Charlie White a lot but I don't think he can pull off any emotion besides grinning attractively. Meryl is fierce and I don't want to be on her bad side because she'd totally cut a bitch.

- As a V/M uber but not a shipper, I am still partly convinced they love each other romantically because otherwise they are putting Oscar winning actors to shame by giving each other those stare into your soul romantically looks.

- Skating world need more skaters Meagan Duhamel.

28. kapriza

kapriza Member

I would go lesbian for Anna Cappellini.

I really don’t like Charlie’s curls.

I hate SD format, I don’t like latin on ice, the whole 2011/2012 season I was experiencing a purgatory. Moreover, I expect polka to be even worse. :scream:

Every time I feel sad, I watch Virtue/Moir just to enjoy their beautiful chemistry.

I think Maksim Trankov is an annoying jerk.

When I like a skater I want him/her to get more attention and love but when finally s/he gets it I’m like: “Come on, people. What the heck do you thinking?! I loved him first, HE’S MINE!” oh, jealousy… :shuffle:

29. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

Forgive me father for I have sinned..........................
    I think North American skaters get higher marks because they are North American (Sometimes).
    I find the Shibutani's bland.
    I also fancy Morozov.
    I have watched Nancy Kerrigan falling apart at the 1993 World's about 100 times (Her reaction waiting for her marks still has me glued).
    I think Maria Butyrskaya should have won Olympic Bronze in 98'.

30. mossop

mossop New Member

Sins? They all sound like narcissism... :D :slinkaway