Colonial Travel owner charged in Olympic skating fraud

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by advoskate, Aug 21, 2011.

1. advoskate

advoskate New Member

Skating fans will be interested to learn that Maria Klemyk, the owner of Colonial Travel, has been charged with first degree larceny in connection with her failure to deliver to her customers over $90,000 worth of figure skating and hotel packages for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics. Farmington, CT police have indicated that additional charges will likely be filed. For more information, see the article in the link below, or Google "Maria Klemyk Colonial Travel". Any other victims of Ms. Klemyk's fraudulent practices are asked to contact Det. Brian Killiany of the Farmington police at 860/675-2461.

http://farmington.patch.com/articles/travel-agent-accused-of-defrauding-customers-on-olympic-trips

Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

This is shocking because I thought Colonial travel was a pretty well known company for years.

3. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

It was. When I have used a tour, there have been times when the tour I was on merged with hers to rent a bus for city tours for the day. I've known about this since last year when another tour operator told me this was in the works.

4. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

Naughty, Naughty, she was Caughty, well if convicted.

5. RobinA

RobinA Active Member

Jeez, I used Colonial a bunch of times before I started planning trips myself. Maria was excellent and I had nothing but good experiences.

6. harekrishna43

harekrishna43 Active Member

Same here - I took 3 trips with them and the VIP package was great. Obviously she got in way over her head with the Olympics. So sorry about the people who lost their money.

7. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I did, too -- Dortmund, Moscow, Warsaw, Gothenberg, and the pre-tour to Iceland before 2008 Worlds :kickass: I had only good experiences and met some great people.

8. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Sasha

You went to all these places? I am so envious!:lol: