CNN Anchor Don Lemon Comes out of the Closet in Revealing new Memoir

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Rex, May 17, 2011.

1. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

From his new book, Transparent.

I cannot believe he's 45 however - he looks great. I had heard rumors, but coming out means that he doesn't have to worry about him.

And good for him for confronting the homophobia in our community. :respec:.

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I thought he was in his early 30's! :grope:

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

He is very good-looking.
    More importantly, very brave.

4. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

As a straight women who likes good looking men, I'm really starting to think that only gay men take care of themselves nowadays.

My attraction to good looking men, accompanied with my views on sex mean I must of been a gay man in another life :D

Do straight men in american take care of themselves anymore:confused:

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Hell, he's better looking than most of my GAY friends.

6. Fan123

Fan123 Active Member

I live in Philly, and met Don on a trip from Miami many years ago. He is one handsome man, very polite and charming too. He gave me his number, but at the time I was dating someone else. To my surprised a year later, I noticed he was a news coanchor on Channel 10. He is still as put together as he was years ago.

7. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

My first thought after seeing the book cover for the first time was, "They call that a book cover?!" Badly Photoshopped and designed (you can't even read his name), someone that :grope: deserves better!

But good for him in writing this book. :)

8. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

I think everyone who works or worked in the media knew about this for a long time. You would be shocked on some others who have not or will not come out.

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I think he does say that he was out to most, if not all, the people he worked with. I am sure many people are out to their family, friends and close co-workers but they don't come out to the public. I can't blame them, it isn't anyone else's business and it irritates me that people like Perez Hilton feel it is their duty to out everyone and tell them how perfect life will be after they come out. Maybe they just don't think it is such a big deal in their life? That being said, I am curious who all is secretly gay but I know it is none of my business.

10. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I don't even know who he is lol. I'm like "who?" but then again I don't watch CNN hardly at all or any news station...I usually read the news on CNN's website.

11. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:respec: Philly in da house.

12. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Not me. I honestly don't give a thought to someone's sexual orientation unless it's germane to something else.

13. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Shepard Smith surprised me at Fox News...mainly because it was Fox News lol.

14. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Anderson Cooper, you're up!

I'd read a few years ago that a contributor to the Washington Blade [a Gay Rag] was hit on by Shepard at a Gay Cabaret Bar [I think the Monster] in NYC's Greenwich Village. He was boozed up and singing show tunes :lol: Could he be any more stereotypical? :p

15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

My viewpoint, as well.

Individuals should be free to decide whether/and to what degree to reveal their personal lives publicly, for themselves.
    Speculation is often rude and inappropriate.

16. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

I wouldn't have guessed he was 45! I figured he was in his 30s. He's certainly a good looking guy.

17. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

:lol: That's what I said to him on Twitter--the real shocker for me was his age. I don't believe it either. No fair.

18. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I didn't know about Shepard Smith. Color me amazed that he works on Fox News.
    Now it's Anderson Cooper's turn.
    Gee, since he has no children, I wonder who is going to get all that lovely Vanderbuilt money.
    He is the only one of Gloria's children still alive isn't he?

19. duane

duane New Member

The guy does nothing for me. I like the more ruggedly, manly men. But I think he would make an amazing drag queen!

20. milanessa

There's not a lot of that money left since Gloria Vanderbilt was fleeced by one of her lovers? husbands? One or the other. She has 2 other sons - older than Anderson.

21. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Like Rex, the biggest surprise to me is definitely his age-45!!! I too thought he was in his early 30s.

I applaud him for being willing to share about what he's gone through. I'm sure many will be able to connect with his story.

22. Anita18

Wikipedia says she also has three grandchildren by the eldest son. So the money (or whatever's left of it) will go somewhere. :p

23. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

There are many who also express this wish, but I respectfully disagree. Everyone must take his/her own journey, and each journey is unique. He's choosing to live his life the way he wants (whatever that may mean) and not hurting anyone in the process. If he wants to remain totally private about it, who am I to say he shouldn't?

Anyway, if you're on Twitter you should check out Don's timeline--he's having fun with this! He just re-tweeted his favorite response to his coming out, from a fake Barbara Walters account. It said "Hey queen let's go shopping soon!" :lol:

24. Anita18

What's hilarious is that I was Facebook-stalking classmates from WAY back...and a kid I knew in elementary school has aged so much I literally thought, "Whatever he's having, I don't want it!" :scream: He looked worn-down late 40's instead of late 20's.

25. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Yeah, really I was just kidding. No one has to come out if he doesn't want to.

I didn't know Gloria was fleeced. Shame that.
    Did not know there were two older sons. I did know that Anderson's older brother killed himself right in front of Gloria.
    Don and Anderson are my favorite tv reporters.

26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Seriously. We are the same age, and I look at least ONE year older than him.

It must be genetic, or OCD type manscaping.

27. milanessa

28. Spinner

Spinner Where's my book?

That site creeps me out a bit :slinkaway

And while we're talking about hot news anchors (I personally don't get the fervor over Anderson, but whatevs), I have a mega-crush on TJ Holmes. His voice, his face, his body... :swoon: :swoon: :swoon: :grope:

29. milanessa

Don't know anything about the site - I was just looking for a photo of Anderson's older half-brothers for Latte. :D

30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Yes, TJ is beautiful. And I think he is straight. I seem to remember them mentioning that he is getting married soon one night.

Well wait, I suppose it could be a same sex marriage.

Or maybe I dreamed it, who knows.:lol: