Clara Peters

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by TheIronLady, Mar 20, 2013.

1. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Whereabouts is our favorite Irish lass Clara Peters? Was she not eligible for 2013 Worlds? Is the ISU trying to keep Ireland down?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

3. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

She was injured over the summer which meant her preparations for the season were delayed and she didn't have enough training to get the minimum TES SP score (she had the FS) at any of the competitions she went to in the autumn.

She'll be competing in Slovenia over Easter. :)

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Thanks for clarifying it was the SP minimum TES she was lacking. The competition in Slovenia is Triglav Trophy, March 27-31. I met Clara briefly at the Liberty Summer Competition last July and she was charming. :) I wish her all the best!

5. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

That is much happier news. :) I have watched her improvements since 2009.

6. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

Ooh a Clara thread! Can she go to Sochi?? (ie is there somewhere she could qualify? does Ireland get a spot?)

7. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

She'll be entering the Nebelhorn Trophy for sure. It's going to be tough, but she'll give it her best shot.

8. AndyWarhol

Yay! I hope she double jumps her way to the Olympics!

9. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

She might throw some triples!

10. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Wasn't there a competition recently where she attempted 2F+3Lp combination? I seem to recall some controversy because the judges only called it a double despite it clearly being a triple attempt that should have been marked < or<<. It might have been at the challenge cup - there were a few dubious calls in that competition.

Anyway if she could use that as an SP combination and attempt another solo triple from steps then she might get closer to qualifying.

11. Seerek

Seerek Well-Known Member

That's an interesting example where it's likely that an over-rotated double was executed, but perhaps the caller thought it was a downgraded triple? What happens in those instances?

12. AndyWarhol

I hope so! Goooo Clara!

13. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I hope she does well and makes the Olympic team to represent Ireland.

14. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

But it really wasn't an over-rotated double it was clearl an underrotated triple, granted I would have marked it 2F+3Lp<< but it was a triple attempt. There were some other dubious calls by the panel in that competition - I think Joubert got a weird call on something too.

Here's the attempt at 1.22 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PC_Yc5KD_2I