Citi Pond Tree Lighting 11/27 NYC- Feat. Rochette, the Kerrs, Cousins, & Haydenettes!

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by JeffClair1979, Nov 27, 2012.

1. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

http://citipondatbryantpark.com/event/holiday-tree-lighting

Very excited to see such a great line up of skaters 2 blocks from my home!! If anyone is in the NYC area tonight, you should definitely try to catch this great lineup!

I hope everyone who is listed is there so I can fanboy out on them! :D

2. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

That is a great line-up. Plus, Grace Potter is awesome live :cheer2:

3. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

OMG - the one semester I'm not in NYC is when all this fun stuff happens :(

4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

How lucky for you JeffClair that this extravaganza is right at your doorstep. But that's the fun thing about living in NYC!

Enjoy and please give us a report afterward. :)

5. JeffClair1979

I will, for sure! That is, if it doesn't (or I don't) get rained out- the weather here is less than awesome today, with an annoying gloppy wintery mix falling. If I can stand to be outside in this for an extended period of time, I will definitely report back!

6. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

What a great line-up! Have fun tonight, JeffClair!

7. JeffClair1979

So, I was able to tolerate the cold and sky-slush conditions for about 45 minutes. I got to see Steven Cousins, who is one crazy fast spinner... and very entertaining! I also got to see the Haydenettes, who are just lovely. I rarely get to see synchro in person, and every time I do, I am just amazed at the talent and conrol!

I am SO bummed that I didn't get to see Joannie or the Kerrs (especially John :grope:), but I was cold, windy and I was wet and grumpy!

I also saw Flipping Out, a trampoline group act- very cool! Brian Stokes Mitchell (AKA Coalhouse from Ragtime) sang The Impossible Dream, and was just spectacular, as always... The Brooklyn Youth Choir sang, and sounded nice. They did a beautiful rendition of the song Sunday from Sunday in the Park with George, which is impressive because that song is difficult for most adults to learn, let alone kids around age 12!! There was also a song from some gal from 9 to 5 and Twilight- can't remember her name.

All in all, it was a nice event! I just wish it was a tad warmer so I could have seen Joannie!!!

8. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

I was there in Bryant Park when they lighted the trees in 2006, and it really was a great show. Thank you for the reports, but sorry that you missed PJK!

9. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for the report!

10. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks JeffClair! Glad you got to see and enjoy at least part of the show. Too bad you didn't get to see Joannie and the Kerrs up close, especially John. :)

11. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the report, JeffClair. Glad you got to attend the event and see part of the show.

12. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!